October 2016 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 10.22.16

How many weeks? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: What is your little one going to be for Halloween? If they aren't here yet, are you dressing up your bump?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 10.22.16

• Options
    Sorry for the late post guys , I forgot it was Saturday!

How many weeks? 
    5+1

What size is baby?
    At least 6 lbs

Upcoming appointments?
    6 week PP appointments next Friday. I'm kind of sad, I think it'll be the last time I see the midwives and they are incredible people, I'll miss them. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Hazel's been super fussy lately, I think she may be going through a growth spurt because she just wants to nurse all day. I've also had to work on increasing my milk supply and I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I've hit my stride again. 

I've been trying to get out and do more things. I went to Michael's and the grocery store, but when I got home I realized I was really sore in my incision. I probably overdid it, but my brain doesn't realize I can't do what I could before yet. 

GTKY: What is your little one going to be for Halloween? If they aren't here yet, are you dressing up your bump?
    Hazel is going to be the Very Hungry Caterpillar. We're not going anywhere, but we'll be handing out candy. 
  • Options
    How many weeks? 
    2w + 6d
    What size is baby?
    He weighed in yesterday at 8lb 6oz- 4oz more than birth weight :) 
    Upcoming appointments?
    Not til one month well check 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I love watching my husband be a dad. He is so good with him. This morning, they hung out while I got to sleep a little bit. I love overhearing him talking to the baby during overnight feedings. 
    I discovered apple spice yogurt covered pretzels at target this week...I could live on them. Yum. 
    He is going to be a sea monster. While we aren't trick or treating, he will go visit daddy at work at Kmart, and his grandparents and aunt at their houses for pictures. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? 39

What size is baby? A pumpkin (or at least 8 lbs)

Upcoming appointments? I've got one on Thursday for an ultrasound and my weekly. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: my doctor's office only has one ultrasound tech on staff and she has to cancel all ultrasounds on Friday, so I didn't get to have the potential Csection conversation. That means I'm off work for another week with no baby to show for it. I could always go into labor on my own, but that didn't look likely after my appt. 

Rave: The midwife said if she could she would sweep my membranes at the first opportunity. That didn't happen last time but maybe on Thursday. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I had a couple hours of irregular cramps Friday morning but they didn't amount to anything. I've still got a lot of tightening, but it doesn't seem to be moving in the active contraction stage. 

GTKY: What is your little one going to be for Halloween? If they aren't here yet, are you dressing up your bump? If she's here she's got a onesie to wear. If she's not I'm going to be too busy pouting and feeling sorry for myself for going past my due date to dress up the bump. 

• Options
    So cute @nataliemaephotography I did a very hungry caterpillar party for DD's first birthday. Make sure to share pics!

39 weeks!

Baby size

Weekly appt on Thursday and I am praying it is my last one. 

I am having terrible groin pressure that is shooting down my thighs making it hard to walk. I am also sporting an impressive headache alll day and in general just feel terrible. I need this kid out of me pronto.

No plans for me or the new baby gor Halloween, but DD is going to be Winnie the Pooh (if she'll keep it on that is!)

Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    How many weeks? 3 weeks exactly today.

What size is baby? 7 lbs 16 oz on Monday - one whole ounce over his birth weight!  Woohoo!

Upcoming appointments? None this week.  1 month check-up next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? The second baby is both easier and more difficult than the first.  He sleeps in his bassinet way more often than my first (who wouldn't sleep anywhere but our arms, meaning one of us had to stay up all night for the first six weeks), but he still wakes up every 1-2 hours and sometimes stays up for hours in the middle of the night and I can't just make up the sleep during the day because I have a toddler to take care of.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Postpartum night sweats are annoying.  I have to change my sheets every other day to keep up.

GTKY: What is your little one going to be for Halloween? If they aren't here yet, are you dressing up your bump? His 2 1/2 year-old brother insisted on wearing his pants tucked into his boots one day, so we decided he'd be perfect as Bill Murray's character in Caddyshack.  I'm going to knit baby a gopher hat to match. (Side note:  we should totally have a thread post-Halloween to share costume photos.)
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi I definitely agree on the Halloween baby thread!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    How many weeks? 
    0 + 3 days

What size is baby?
    Havent had a check up yet, so hopefully she's not too far below her birth weight 6lbs 4.5 oz. I can't remember what her "going home" weight was. I'll have to ask at her check-up on Monday. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Monday -BP test for me. I developed a bit of high blood pressure during my long labor and a few times during recovery vitals checks
    also Monday - baby check up!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Breastfeeding has a steep learning curve. 2 steps forward 1 step back. 

sore abdomen. Yeowch. Thirsty as heck. Want chocolate peppermint Luna bars allll the time. 

we have two options. Strawberry outfit (3-6 months way too big) or my first Halloween onesie (0-3 months) Both are too big. We'll probably try to fit her kitty kat hat on her head and call it good. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019