January 2017 Moms

10/17- 10/23 Apps, ultrasounds, blood work etc

Whats on the schedule for this week, ladies? 

I am awaiting to hear from the dr what the scheduled c section date is. 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 10/17- 10/23 Apps, ultrasounds, blood work etc

• Last four week check in tomorrow before two week check ins start! I also get the results of my 3 hour GTT test and my blood panel tomorrow. I may or may not be indulging in a huge bowl of ice cream tonight.

Tuesday night is our second class. We have our hospital tour this week, so I think we're both looking forward to it! I'm not looking forward to watching the extended birthing video though. I was nauseous last time after the quick clip. Ugh.
  • I have a growth ultrasound tomorrow. Had a scare today at work though. Started having contractions so work sent me to the hospital. Things slowed down when I got there and laid down. Still scary! Now I'm home laying on my side watching tv because I'm supposed to be relaxing the rest of the night...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Last four week check in tomorrow before two week check ins start! I also get the results of my 3 hour GTT test and my blood panel tomorrow. I may or may not be indulging in a huge bowl of ice cream tonight. 
    Did you pass? FX you did!

I have my first every-two-weeks OB check-in Friday and we're doing a hospital tour on Saturday. I'm kind of nervous about doing the hospital tour and getting freaked out hearing someone screaming in labor or something and spending the next 10 weeks in paralyzing fear, but... eh... whatever.
  • Had my 3 hr GTT today. Pretty sure I failed. My hubby is diabetic so I brought his meter along. My fasting level before was 92. Great! Didn't check at 1 hour, but my 2 hour was 195. No bueno. However, my 3 hour was 73. I'm not sure if with my doctor you can fail 2 of the 4, or only 1. Cause I definitely failed 2. And now i have to wait until tomorrow for the results. But I'm resigning myself to the possibility of gestational diabetes. My worst nightmare. I hate pregnancy right now. 
    I know it doesn't have anything to do with weight, but I was only a bit overweight before, and I've gained less than 10 pounds so far at 29 weeks. So I feel that this is unfair.
  • I passed my three hour GTT! Woohoo! However I gained 8lbs in 4 weeks which my doctor referred to as "excessively aggressive" and he suggested I still follow a low carb diet. I'm only at 26lbs total, but eh, fair enough. 
  • @christac1010 congrats!  I was thinking about you today. Really glad to hear it.  I feel like we have been like mirror images this pregnancy lol 
  • Had an OB appointment and internist appointment yesterday. Both went well. Internist is happy with my blood sugar numbers (in fact seems very surprised that I'm able to control via diet which bothered me a little) and OB was good. We start every 2 week appointments now. The OB was also happy with my numbers and confirmed that at this point everything will proceed as normal. We will do a growth scan at 36 weeks just to check in on the baby and size but at this point nothing changes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Getting my flu shot tomorrow! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ceclarlinetlo I got my flu shot yesterday along with my Tdap booster and my arms have finally stopped hurting.  I have gotten flu shots before and don't remember it bothering me for a full day but maybe they did :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• I finally heard back from my 1hr glucose test.  I passed with a 98, yippee!!
    Two weeks until my 28 wk appt.
  • I found that swinging my arm in circles every few hours after getting the Tdap really helped reduce the soreness quickly. Getting the flu one tomorrow, curious to see if doing the same thing helps with that too... I imagine it must because it gets blood flowing in the arm and loosens it up.

About to have a serious heart-to-heart with my OB tomorrow before deciding if it's time to "break up" just because of her office staff and all the various issues I've had with their poor turnaround time in callbacks and how unprofessional they've been. I'm really hoping we can come to some resolution because I really don't like having to switch doctors this late in the game.
  • @canavara Good luck with that conversation tomorrow. I hope it goes well and there is a good resolution.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was suppose to have my 28 week appointment this last Friday but ended up going into the ER Thursday morning at 1:30.. I knew something wasn't right when I was having major pelvic pressure and lower back pain but was still shocked when they told me i was having contractions. I ended up staying until Friday but unfortunately the contractions never did fully stop, they were just able to get them to slow down. Im at home on bedrest with a strict timeline for meds that will hopefully continue to keep them chilled out. One of the most annoying things from every nurse during shift change was "are you having contractions?" and when Id answer that I didnt know, all I could feel was constant pelvic pressure or lower abdomen cramping that was constant they looked at me like I was crazy... Praying for good news come later this week when they have me come in for an ultrasound to check my cervix again and to see how crazy these darn contractions actually are.. I really do not want to spend time on bedrest at the hospital if I can do it from home knowing to go in if anything comes up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @afayville good for you for heading to the ER and trusting yourself that something was off. Hope you're able to do bed rest at home and the contractions stop. Thinking of you and baby! Keep us updated. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @afayville it's really odd they didn't keep you connected to a monitor and they could know for themselves with out asking you. If they asked me when I went to L&D a week ago if I was having contractions I would have confidently said no but the monitor doesn't lie.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Thinking of you @afayville. I hope your ute calms down and you're able to relax at home.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @afayville Oh my goodness, hope everything settles down for you! I got the same kind of reaction at L&D (except I wasn't having contractions)... it was just a constant pressure and back pain... it's so hard to tell, especially when you're preterm, to discern what's a contraction or not when you're not expecting to be having them! It's really good that you listened to your instinct and went in though so they were able to take care of you!
  • @ceclarlinetlo I think thats what annoyed me; they did have me hooked up 24/7 so when they asked I wanted to say "look at the dang machine and you tell me". They always had it somewhat shifted away from the bed so I couldnt see it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @afayville hope everything is going better - that sucks about the oblivious nurses. 

I had my last every-4-week appointment on Thursday:

- Got my glucose test back last night - passed!
    - DH is rh+ so I will be getting my rhogam shot next week. Has anyone gotten their shot yet? 
    - My platelet test showed that my red blood cell count was under average so I wonder what I will have to do about that.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker