Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Blood clots 4 weeks after d&c??

Four weeks ago I was diagnosed with pregnancy of an unknown location. I had a d&c and also the methotrexate shot. A couple of weeks later when I was still in extreme pain I had an ultrasound done and they said I had a hemmorage between my uterus and bowel. Either my tube ruptured or they put a hole in my uterus. I have had light bleeding since they did the d&c and an still cramping. Today I started passing fairly good sized clots. I live in a small town and I have long ago lost faith in my ob doctor. Is it normal to pass cloths this long after surgery or should I be worried?

Re: Blood clots 4 weeks after d&c??

• I bled for 4.5 weeks after d & c and was told I could bleed anywhere from 4-6 weeks.   I never had any large clots though.   It can't hurt to contact your doctor and speak with them about it.   After I stopped bleeding, when I would exercise I would bleed....that happened for another week before it finally stopped when I worked out.  
  • I actually had retained tissue after my D&C and I had passed everything naturally about a week after. I had lots of bleeding for about 4 weeks even after the d&c, but clots were only until the tissue was passed.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: