April 2017 Moms

PSA: Sonoline B Dopplers are FSA eligible

catem07catem07 member
edited October 2016 in April 2017 Moms
I was just perusing my FSA store (you know, because Friday. Also because I was reimbursing myself for some co-pays) and I decided to check if dopplers were eligible. They are (at least if you use fsastore.com with your FSA). Now that we're getting close to the end of the year, if you have FSA money you have to use up and want a doppler, buy one with tax-exempt income!
DD #1: April 2017
DD #2: May 2020
Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

Re: PSA: Sonoline B Dopplers are FSA eligible

• Oh...this is interesting. I'll have to check to see if this is something I can turn a receipt in for. I imagine a dr would have needed to order it and I get it from medical store but worth a shot! Thanks for sharing

• If you can use your FSA card (if you have an FSA card) at fsastore.com you don't need an Rx.

• Loading the player...
  • I had no idea this was a thing!  Cool!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • No fsa credit card. Old job had this though
  • @catem07 the fsa store is way overpriced. The first thing I saw I waa contact solution I used priced $11 more than I pay.

The sonoline is $114 on there. I paid  $36. Fsa money is pretaxed but not worth it for such overpriced items...still my hard earned money.

Can you only shop there for items?
  • Hi ladies, certainly not trying to be "that mom" or come across as trying to get  in your business, but I'd encourage you look into these products before purchasing them. I didn't know some of these things with my first baby that I'm glad I've learned for #2. Just sharing because I care about you mama's and your babies and want to make sure if you get one it's the right decision for your family :)

https://www.mamanatural.com/fetal-heart-monitor-10-reasons-to-stay-away/ 

• I'm not actually buying one. I just saw it on the site and know that many people like them. 

• @WkoutMomtoBe yes, too expensive, but if you have use-it-or-lose-it money, it's something to buy

• @BecNJake I actually came across this article when I was researching whether or not to buy a doppler. I did end up deciding to buy one, and personally it has really helped me with my anxiety between appointments. However, that article (and others) convinced me that once I can feel the baby moving, I will probably stop using the doppler and rely on movement as a better indicator. At this point, when I can't feel him or her moving yet, the anxiety is just too much for me to handle. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • But it's not free money, just not taxed. If I had use or lose it I wouldn't use that website, I'd buy stuff at store an submit receipts