November 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In - week of 10/17/2016

Weeks: 

Next milestone/appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Anything else: 

Questions? 

GTKY: Are you planning to dress up for Halloween? If so, what as?

Re: PGAL Check-In - week of 10/17/2016

• Options
    @tigerfish227  - how are you/baby doing? Was your u/s today or tomorrow?
  • Options
    Ultrasound is tomorrow. Still trying to stay calm. Had some sporadic contractions Thursday and Friday so I'm hoping I'll also be at least a little dilated. It's been a tough week and I'm really anxious about tomorrow. On the up side, I went to BRU and used registry completion discount today. Got so much baby stuff!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MollySmMollySm member
    edited October 2016
    @tigerfish227 - thinking of you tomorrow

Weeks:
     35w 2d

Next milestone/appointment? My next appt isn't til 37w 3d, because of some scheduling difficulties.  I'm not sure if I should point it out and try and get a 36 week appt in there, but with my schedule is feel like it will be tough.  At 32 weeks baby wasn't head down.  
    At 34 weeks I saw the NP, and she said the OB would check at 36 weeks.  

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I'm excited to be getting closer to November!

Questions? Nope

GTKY: Are you planning to dress up for Halloween? If so, what as?  We are dressing up as characters from Alice in Wonderland.  My 4 year old as Alice, my 2 year old as the White Rabbit, my H as the Mad Hatter and me as the Queen of Hearts.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Ultrasound went well except baby is breech(which was a surprise since the NP had said twice baby is head down, whatever!). Estimated 6lbs 6-8oz. 27th percentile. Unfortunately I'm now terrified because we are going in tomorrow morning to attempt an external version to flip baby around. I have an anterior placenta so there's a possibility that I could end up with an emergency c section if things don't go well. I've also been having mild contractions this morning but they haven't been strong enough to DH anything and I'm still closed up. Happy thoughts and prayers are appreciated. 
  • Options
    Weeks: 34w6d

Next milestone/appointment? Appt next Wed 10/26, then onto weekly appts!

Rant/Rave/Anything else: Everyone keeps asking if I'm getting excited and, even though I am, I'm also so nervous about such a big life change that my excitement doesn't really show through. I feel like I'm disappointing people by not being excited enough.  :/

Questions? No

GTKY: Are you planning to dress up for Halloween? If so, what as? My team at work is doing Alice is Wonderland, too! I'm Tweedledee and tried on my costume yesterday - it cracks me up.

• Options
    @MollySm - are you feeling hiccups? I've been feeling them most often in my pelvis so I know baby's head down (though sometimes they feel higher up on my stomach even though I know there hasn't been enough movement for a position change, so this isn't a perfect test). I hope your baby is in the ideal position at your next appt, whenever that may be!

@tigerfish227 - how did it go?
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer I updated a little bit ago. Still getting some mild contractions this afternoon too but nothing I can REALLY time. They apparently aren't strong enough to do anything either.

On a positive note.. I went to BRU yesterday and did my registry completion. I feel like that was great timing since I may or may not be having this kid tomorrow.
  • Options
    @tigerfish227 - you must have posted it while I was doing mine so I missed the update. Many prayers and happy thoughts going out to you for baby turning at best, but at minimum a healthy baby and you at the end of this, however it goes. *hugs*
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer - I was feeling hiccups up higher, but I think I felt them down low in the middle of the night last night.  I woke this morning and worried it was a dream, but I'm fairly sure it actually happened.  I'm trying to pay attention to the next time she gets them.

@tigerfish227 - Good luck tomorrow!  How many weeks are you 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    All checked in and the NST is almost done. Waiting on the Dr to start the version. 
  • Options
    Weeks: 35 +2

Next milestone/appointment? Check up this Friday

Rant/Rave/Anything else: Heartburn is killing me lately, ughhhhhh ran out of tums last night, will need to buy more today :-(

Questions? nope

GTKY: Are you planning to dress up for Halloween? If so, what as? I just got a black t-shirt with a pumpkin on the tummy. DD will be Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony
  • Options
    Good luck @tigerfish227!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Baby is stubborn! Little stinker didn't want to budge at all. Baby tolerated the pushing and shoving pretty well but my tummy is too tight and the Dr just couldn't get baby to move. They gave me some suggestions to try to encourage baby to flip on his/her own but I'm scheduled for a c section next Thursday. I'm really disappointed but I feel like I'm handling it pretty well (I'm not freaking out and having hysterics). One way or another I will have this kid out next week.
  • Options
    @tigerfish227 sorry it didn't work but at least you tried. Either way you are almost done, hang in there!  Week will fly by so fast!
  • Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work!  They do flip on their own sometimes.  What did they suggest you try?
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @tigerfish227 I'm sorry your version didn't work! My OB always tells this story about how he had a mom all prepped for her section and when they did the last ultrasound right before they cut in the baby had flipped so they sent her home. He is confident baby can absolutely flip even at 38 or 39 weeks! Sending you positive vibes! 
    What does the doc have you trying? 
  • Options
    Weeks: 34w4d

Next milestone/appointment? NSTs twice a week and OB on Thursday 

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I just wish we could find a name we love. It was so easy to pick out first daughter's name. 

I've had some pretty bad back/hip pain these last few days. I'm guessing it's sciatica, and it's eased up a little each day, but I'm ready for it to be completely gone. 

Questions? No

GTKY: Are you planning to dress up for Halloween? If so, what as? no plans to dress up 
  • Options
    They told me to get on my knees and elbows and rock my hips back and forth. They also said to crawl across the floor like that. Nothing too crazy or anything. 
  • Options
    @BLyn627 - I was having crazy sciatica pain in my back a week or so ago and wound up asking DH to use KT tape on my back and it was amazing. The pain eased away and by the next morning I was at a manageable dull ache. (We used this taping method: https://youtu.be/iWnA7cdfX4w). I'm also really struggling with the name - I didn't think it would be this hard!

@tigerfish227 - I know someone who would spend time lying on her back on a board propped up on the couch, with her head at the bottom and feet at the top. Her baby flipped at 38 weeks while she was sitting in a theater watching a play - scared the crap out of the guy sitting next to her!
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer thanks for the tip! I've never really had it before, but DH gets it every few months or so and it's really bad for a few days. I think we'll try this the next time either of us gets an episode of sciatica pain. 
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer my sister's DD flipped at 36ish weeks after she spent some time laying on the couch with her feet on the back of the couch and head hanging off the front. Babyfish isn't very big but I'm not either so I'm not holding my breath on getting a flip at this point. Still trying tho.