May 2017 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 10/21/16

For EDD 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, & 5/26

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 10/21/16

• Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? the size of a Lego man

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? My next appointment is November 3rd. 

Any new symptoms or changes? No new symptoms. I'm just keeping on with the nausea, sore boobs, and fatigue.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Yesterday when I mentioned wanting a home birth, I knew many people who are against that would speak up. That's totally fine. They think I'm misinformed, I think they are misinformed. Whatever. I just didn't think someone would be harsh enough to post that home birth Moms are selfish.  I would never call a mom who used an epidural selfish, even though I personally think it's overused.

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? I'm in some cozy pajama pants that feel pretty good right now. I think I feel happiest in comfy stretch jeans and a fitted shirt. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    Twelve weeks!! The end of first tri is so near, wooooo!

How big is baby?
    A toy soldier, or a plum 

October 26, regular appointment and I'm hoping we hear the heartbeat on the Doppler 

The constipation is real and it's awful. Definitely buying some prune juice after work today

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: woooooo, almost out of first trimester! Win! 
    Rant: I don't know that this is necessarily a rant but I'm getting anxious for my next appointment. I'll be 12+5 and the last time I learned about my MMC I was 12+5. I have to keep reminding myself that there was a very active little bean in there at my 11w ultrasound and that this pregnancy is not like my last one. 

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them?
    Pjs. Definitely pjs, my other clothes/pants are starting to get uncomfortable. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MollyandD urg! I hate mommy shaming! I don't understand why women can't just come together and support each other and know that each individual person is making the decision that is best for them and their pregnancies/children. 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    @roper2617 thank you. I agree. We should support one another. I'm not making a choice because I want to do what's best only for me. I truly, based on a LOT of research, believe this option will give my baby a good start in life. My baby will still get medical care, and so will I. My baby's will still get vaccines on time. If, before baby is born, an ultrasound or other test shows a problem, then I'll have my baby in a hospital. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    11 weeks
    How big is baby?
    A lime!
    Monday - An ultrasound, check up, and getting my blood drawn for the Harmony test.
    The Diclegis has been "ok" but I still throw up at least once a day, although that's better than the all day nausea.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just trying to quell my anxiety for my appointment Monday!
    I'm going with PJs and a tank top! It's what goes on as soon as I get home!

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    @MollyandD when I chose to go with a midwife instead of an obgyn I received some flack from the people that are supposed to be supporting me. Same thing when I needed to go on medication. So annoying. 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited October 2016
    @roper2617 my best friend and a friend from work both were afraid to mention needing to go on medication at first after having babies. Their fear was that they would be judged for not being effortlessly happy after having babies. It's so sad how other people make those judgements against parents. 
  • Options
    @MollyandD for me I meant morning sickness medication, but I whole heartedly agree with what you said. 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    roper2617 said:
    @MollyandD for me I meant morning sickness medication, but I whole heartedly agree with what you said. 
    I went for a wellness check with an OB, who was very ok with my decision to use a midwife for my birth, and at the visit, I was offered medication for nausea. I turned it down, but how is it going for you? 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? kiwi

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? not until 10/31

Any new symptoms or changes? starting to feel a little bit like myself again somehow? Still got quite a bit of fatique and food adversion though.

Rants/Raves/Questions? None at the moment. Its first thing in the morning and I just finished up breakfast. Now I'm just nursing my coffee =)

As for the whole home birth thing, I have no problem against it. A cousin of mine is a midwive and does them all the time and its incredible to hear about. Its only when someone goes into extreme details about how they hope/expect it to be (candles, time of the day, etc) makes me feel like they could potentially be setting themselves up for disappointment because theres a good chance it will go completely different. And I've seen a friend who had to get induced because they went 10 days over their due date, have a long slow labor only to end up with an emergency c-section. She was very frustrated but in the end she's just happy to have her baby in her arms. Anyways my point was while its great to know what you want and I hope you get it, just know that it may not happen the way you want it to.

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? legging and a comfortable tank top! And a cozy long sleeved tee over the tank when its chilly

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks 

How big is baby? The size of a poker chip! 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? My first appointment is Tuesday! I'm so excited! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? @MollyandD just agree to disagree. I've had a friend that had a very successful home birth, there are people on this board in the medical profession that are against home births for pretty good reason. Saying epidurals are overused is just as harsh as saying home births are selfish. You have to know that if you're going to say that you believe hospitals have more risks than home births, you're going to get flak. I hope it all works out for you and you get the birth you want. 

Last pregnancy I had to take Zofran to function, I'm all for the nausea medicine if you need it. 

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? Maternity Tank Tops. 
  • Options
    @bacorrea I disagree. Saying that something is overused is very different than calling someone selfish. And where did I say hospitals have more risks? They have DIFFERENT risks, and it's up to the parents to make the decision. 
  • Options
    @MollyandD you said
     "To me, the risks of a hospital are terrifying. There is such an overuse of interventions, and this overuse can cause serious harm to mothers and babies, as it did to a friend of mine last summer. I also don't feel safe having a baby in a building full of sick people. I want my baby at home with family near me."

I took that as you believe hospitals have more risk, sorry I misunderstood you. 

That's fine you disagree. Some women need an epidural to make labor progress. While yes it is up to the parents, it's up to the doctors and baby as well. I got pre-e at 39 weeks (after have a fully healthy pregnancy) and had to be induced on Thursday and my kid didn't come until Saturday. 

I'm not trying to argue with you. If you're going to take a stance that isn't widely common/accepted you have to be prepared that people will disagree with you. Like I said before, I hope you get your birth. 
  • Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    edited October 2016
    How far along are you?  10 weeks 

How big is baby?  Strawberry 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?  Not until 11/17

Any new symptoms or changes?  Nausea is improving. I'm getting my appetite back, but I still can't handle a large meal. I'm still exhausted all the time. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  The late term abortion diagrams and images floating around FB really bother me. I can't imagine choosing to abort a pregnancy, especially when the fetus is viable outside the womb. Life happens before birth.

As far as birth center and home birth goes, to each her own. My personal opinion is that in the unfortunate event of a complication, I want the best medical resources as close as possible for both me and my baby. 

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? I love getting dolled up in a pretty dress and feeling fancy. I can also appreciate lounging in a good comfy outfit. 
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    @MollyandD you said
     "To me, the risks of a hospital are terrifying. There is such an overuse of interventions, and this overuse can cause serious harm to mothers and babies, as it did to a friend of mine last summer. I also don't feel safe having a baby in a building full of sick people. I want my baby at home with family near me."

I took that as you believe hospitals have more risk, sorry I misunderstood you. 

That's fine you disagree. Some women need an epidural to make labor progress. While yes it is up to the parents, it's up to the doctors and baby as well. I got pre-e at 39 weeks (after have a fully healthy pregnancy) and had to be induced on Thursday and my kid didn't come until Saturday. 

I'm not trying to argue with you. If you're going to take a stance that isn't widely common/accepted you have to be prepared that people will disagree with you. Like I said before, I hope you get your birth. 
    I totally understand your view. I'm not trying to argue, but I keep feeling like you are changing what I'm saying. I am well aware that many women do need epidurals and other medications to help labor progress. Saying that I believe interventions are overused does not mean I don't recognize their purpose. I don't even judge women who voluntarily sign up for every intervention available. I'm very prepared for disagreement; I'm just venting about the fact that women who choose what's they believe is best were called selfish on another thread.  
  • Options
    MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited October 2016
    @bacorrea I just want to add, I'm sorry you had pre-e. I know that's so scary.  I were to have a complication like that, it would eliminate me as a home birth candidate. I would go in, as you did, to be induced with the OB who does my well woman check every year. 
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited October 2016
    Moving over here from Wednesday. My official EDD is 5/19 now. :)

How far along are you?
    10 weeks 

How big is baby? Strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Next one is 11/17.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea is definitely less frequent. I still feel sick if I go too long between eating or eat too much. Food aversions are getting better too. RLP is here sooner than with DD. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just can't decide whether or not to get any genetic testing done. DH is no help because he wants me to make the decision. 

Right now I am loving comfy maxi skirts. I can still fit in my favorite jeans, but they are getting tight. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @MollyandD - I was the one who posted that I believe it is a selfish and reckless decision, which I stand by. I posted it on the UO board as my opinion. I respect that you disagree, and I hope you have the birth experience you want. If it's what you believe, you should not care so much what an internet stranger thinks. I had an epidural, and am not at all concerned with what you think about that. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How big is baby? Pecan

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? No appointments this week, but I scheduled my NT scan for next month. I did not have one last time, so I'm a bit nervous- but also excited to see baby again!

Any new symptoms or changes? Oh the constipation. That's the worst this week. Otherwise, some bouts of nausea, but not too terrible.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? Pajamas? Coming home after work and changing into PJ pants is heavenly. Also, my awesome fall boots :)
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 yeah I probably shouldn't, and it won't affect my decision or anything. I've done my research and made my choice. I guess what bothers me is that I'm not a selfish person, and to see an internet stranger say that is upsetting because it's probably what some real life friends are saying behind my back. I don't care that you had an epidural. Most people I know do. I have just felt so judged by some real life friends who have done zero research, and I guess my venting spilled over here. 
  • Options
    @MollyandD - That is understandable, and I'm sorry you felt judged by friends. I don't know you and would never make sweeping statements about who you are as a person even if I disagree with your decisions- and honestly I was referring more to people who choose home birth simply because they aren't comfortable in hospitals, or because it's the "cool", crunchy thing to do, which some friends and family members have done. I suppose I should have elaborated more, I apologize. In the end, we all have differing opinions about all aspects of birth/parenting. If you have done research and you feel comfortable with your decision, I respect that, even if I don't agree with it. 
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? Strawberry 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?  NT scan on 10/31

Any new symptoms or changes? Morning sickness is subsiding:)

Rants/Raves/Questions? None

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? Maxis Palazzo pants
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 I really appreciate how you phrased that, and it makes a lot more sense to me now why you feel as you do. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    10 wks (@kmd1106 : I'm 5/19 now too!)

How big is baby?
    Strawberry 

Upcoming appointments?  
    Not for a few wks

Pretty much living off of raspberry sherbet right now. Nothing else seems pleasant! I made a yummy-looking soft tortilla wrap with scrambled egg and american cheese yesterday: smelled good, looked good, was warm and gooey and even tasted good for about a minute... and then my tummy was like, "you shouldn't have eaten that, lady, and I'll put the kibosh on you ever doing that again!" and I was sooo pained in my stomach for the next 20 mins. Awful.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    @roper2617 : sunkist has these "orange-essence" prunes that are actually yummy (assuming dried fruit is in your wheel house right now)

Wow, this question makes me feel kind of sad since clothes don't make me happy right now. I tried on my rain jacket/windbreaker the other day and looked like a sausage in casing (both gross and gag). I'm kind of wearing the same t-shirts and jeans every day. I keep reading the Maternity Clothes thread, though, so it's giving me ideas of some new clothes to try out at some point. I need to give more thought to this question...
  • Options
    @MollyandD It wasn't really optional for me. I was at the point where it was take medication now or risk being hospitalized in the foreseeable future, re:dehydration and other potential complications.  (Note: not at all my Midwife's actual words,but it was that bad). I tried every trick in the book too before finally caving for the meds. Honestly they are a life saver for me. I do still get nausea and I do still vomit, but I can eat and I can keep most foods and drinks down, which is huge. I'm on diclectin (diclegis I think it's called in the states)
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    @SKZW It's officially now on my grocery list! Thank you!
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited October 2016
    **12 weeks. **Babies are the size of plums. **my next apt. isn't until 11/2. **rants/raves: I've given up trying to hide the bump/bloat/pizza belly. First tri is almost over! **leggings/yoga pants, long sleeve Ts, and maternity jeans.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a chicken nugget (eww) or as I prefer, the size of a macaron! 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Had one today! Listened to the HB again (166). I'll have another soon for a NT (just so I can get the ultrasound), but my next at my OB is Nov 21.

Any new symptoms or changes? My belly popped this week. Its just a bit, but there's definitely a little bump now. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah, I am too tired for any of that right now. 

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? Leggings and a tank top at home or I have a few comfy dresses I like right now 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks :)

How big is baby? a lime

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Nothing till Nov 2

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea has gone done a bit, but the heartburn is still raging! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just can't wait to find out the gender! :)

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? I have a necklace that my DH made me while we were dating. I never take it off! It always make me happy to see it every day. (I don't know what I'm gonna do when baby gets here and starts grabbing it) I also love to wear big sweaters. I'm so glad I'm pregnant during the fall/winter season. Leggings, sweaters, boots and scarves! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    11 weeks
    How big is baby?
    The size of a lime, this made my 3 year old laugh cause he asked if the baby was trying to drink lemonade :)
    Monday- Nutritionist, I get gestational diabetes 
    Wednesday - retake my blood work because my nurse wrote the date wrong :(
    I have trouble sleeping/ falling asleep (4am posting) 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I'm always tired but that's normal and I guess I can say I've been pretty nervous to be put on bed rest. I just remind myself every pregnancy is different. 

My dresses make me happy since any pressure on my belly makes me nauseous lol
  • Options

How big is baby?
    The size of a lime, this made my 3 year old laugh cause he asked if the baby was trying to drink lemonade :)
    This is too cute!
    And, curious, you've told your 3 yo already? I think I'm going to wait a few months still. I think it'll be easier to explain once I'm showing. What prompted your choice? (You're not worried that it's still early days?)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? Plum

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?  Still just waiting for my NT scan this Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes? Morning sickness is still steadily going away. I did have some brown spotting Friday/Saturday this is probably old blood from my SCH. Nurse wasn't concerned. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None

GTKY: What item(s) of clothing make you feel the happiest when you wear it/them? Yoga pants or leggings & jeans. I go for comfort haha. Right now I am loving my maternity leggings and want to wear them all day, everyday.

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21