May 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 10-20

EDD May 4th, May 11th, May 18th, May 25th 

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 10-20

• Options
    How far along are you?
    9 weeks

How big is baby?
    A cherry, or a grape, or a tator tot depending on the app

My first appt is on Monday and I can't wait. We're planning to tell my parents on Monday night too.

I have to use the bathroom more frequently now and I am still fatigued a lot. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I was thrift shopping the other day and found a pair of maternity skinny jeans and 3 maternity tops of a total of $3! I love finding good deals.

GTKY: What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO?
    I hope my baby gets H's good sense of humor and his ability to talk to anyone about anything. From me I hope baby gets my determination and ability to problem solve.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? chicken nugget

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? next appointment is in 4 weeks, just had one on Tuesday.

Any new symptoms or changes? I have been getting up every day this week one hour before my alarm goes off, because I have to pee so bad. It makes that last hour of sleep pretty rough, ecause you know I make myself go back to sleep lol.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I was just so happy/relieved after my appointment on Tuesday. We heard the hb through the Doppler. And today marks me passing my loss date in my last pregnancy, so I am started to feel less anxious about everything.

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? I hope baby will be as laid back and calm as DH and have his work ethic. I hope baby will be as nerdy and determined as I am.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 Weeks

How big is baby? A Cherry 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? MY FIRST ONE IS TOMORROW!!! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Still hungry all the time. I have already gained four pounds. I am hoping to start running again soon. The only time I feel nauseous is when I am overly tired. The cravings are unreal and almost always consist of meat and potatoes.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have lost all motivation to do anything. Typically I am very focused and very busy. TB and Facebook have consumed my life at work, I am falling behind in my second job (family business), and I still have yet to finish my daughter's Halloween costumes- Anyone else lacking motivation? Any idea how to get focused again? 

GTKY What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? DH is very logical and laid back. I hope baby has that... my two girls are very much like me so for DH's sake I hope this one is more like him! 

• Options
    @MamaMiller I was lacking motivation and very fatigued up until about 2 weeks ago. I am still not up to 100% but I do feel a little more energy, at least enough to keep up with my boys, try to keep the house clean, and getting back into small workouts. (and that would have been asking a lot a few weeks ago)

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    march2008march2008 member
    edited October 2016
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? According to my ticker, a lime, but that sounds a little big for 11 weeks?!

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Just a blood draw tomorrow morning for the Harmony Test and then my next appointment is November 8th (on an every 4 week schedule right now).

Any new symptoms or changes? Still incredibly nauseous and every evening my stomach contents seems to try to regurgitate up my throat.  :s So, no, nothing new! This lasted until the third trimester in my first pregnancy, so I'm not expecting anything different this time!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't believe I'm going to find out whether I'm having a boy or girl so soon! I didn't get to find out this early with DD, but I guess that's one perk of being 35 this time! Ha!

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? My sense of humor and DH's laid back demeanor.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options

How big is baby? Plum

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? No, not for a few weeks. We did get the results of the Harmony test back, and everything is a-ok (yay!). We also found out that we're expecting a little girl (which scares the **** out of me!).

Any new symptoms or changes? Same as before. I'm ready to shake this exhaustion. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a non-pregnancy related rate, that I just need to get to out. Our oldest has been sick for what feels like forever. First, he had RSV. Last Tuesday he goes back to daycare, and we get notice that someone in his class has hand foot and mouth. They call me to say they think he has it, but when I pick him up all he's got is a lone ant bite from playing outside. I take him to the doctor who gives him the all clear for HFM, and bring him back to school the next day. They call because he has a fever. My husband picks him up....magically, the fever is gone, but now he has to be out for 24 hours. Friday, I'm ready to bring him to daycare and I notice he feels warm - fever is back. That day the rash starts - it's officially HFM. Then on Sun, I wake up with a fever - turns out that now I have HFM, too!!!! I'm just now making it back to work today. I am so sick of sickness! Can someone make it go away and stay away?!?!?!?!

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO?   I hope she gets my independence, but her daddy's patience!!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @MamaMiller - I'm with you on the meat and potatoes cravings! I can't get enough of both of them. I told my husband yesterday the baby might be half potato after I ate french fries and mashed potatoes as my lunch!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    edited October 2016
    How far along are you?
    11 weeks

How big is baby?
    A lime, though must be a small one! Limes seem too big for this far along.

Next one is Halloween.

My nausea won't go away! My current prediction is "girl" because of this.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My nausea won't go away! :) That's basically it, but I was hoping for more improvement by this time.

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO?
    Having already gone through this twice with DS and DD I definitely have my preferences.
    I hope that this one gets DH's desire to read, as the others have gotten. I grew up with a very pro-reading family but was never that into it (and I'm a professor now in spite of this!)
    I also hope that the baby gets DH's neatness / desire for the orderly. DD did and it's great. DS and I are slobs and it sucks.

I hope that the baby gets my sleeping ability/habits and my overall optimism and calm/easy-going attitude. DH is really intense and sensitive. It makes him interesting but it makes parenting a child like that harder! For #3 we need easy-going!!

I hope the baby continues with the tradition of getting both DH's and my ability to play on his/her own, with a rich imagination. We were both good at this as children, and our children are as well. It's interesting to watch, and also quite convenient because you don't feel you need to entertain your kids once they get past a certain age.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ChristinaWild amd @MamaMiller I have meat and potato cravings too!ashed potatoes and French fries with ketchup are my go to. Something about the saltiness helps MS.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 Weeks

How big is baby? Date, Strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? None

Any new symptoms or changes? Extreme Fatigue, All Day Nausea

Rants/Raves/Questions? So exhausted all the time - trying to prepare to move and my motivation is 0. Hope the second tri brings me a second wind! 

What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? 
    My husband's smarts, my common sense. My patience and DH's kindness. 
  • Options

How big is baby? What everyone else at 12 weeks said

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? 12 week appt tomorrow (we'll listen for the hb) 

Any new symptoms or changes? Bloating/constipation and sore boobs are nearly gone and my fatigue seems to be improving! However, I still don't feel motivated to do any exercise yet. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm feeling pretty good about making it to week 12! I miscarried once before at week 7/8, so my husband and I have been cautiously optimistic so far. But I think if tomorrow's appointment goes well, we will finally be confident to share the news with friends and family. :)  

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? I hope I pass on my strong work-ethic and I hope the baby gets my husband's intelligence. 
  • Options
    @MamaMiller  as far as getting back some motivation and focus... good luck! Yes my fatigue is improving, but I also struggle to care about work the way I used to before getting pregnant. I mean, I used to work about 50 hours a week and still felt really motivated to come to work everyday. But now I feel like that spark is missing. Anyway, I just keep telling myself "this is temporary!" and I know that I'll get back in my groove once my body (and brain) is ready.

I'm just curious, but what do you do for a living? 
  • Options
    @ScientistShesus I will have to start mentally cheering for myself- I am a little obsessive with list too so I may start doing that. For work, I run a preschool/ kindergarten. I have a ridiculous commute so it has been very draining. Also I maintain the website and social media for my moms business. She flips homes in Washington, DC. She does beautiful work and it is her lifetime dream- I love being able to help her! 
  • Options
    @MamaMiller  as far as getting back some motivation and focus... good luck! Yes my fatigue is improving, but I also struggle to care about work the way I used to before getting pregnant. I mean, I used to work about 50 hours a week and still felt really motivated to come to work everyday. But now I feel like that spark is missing. Anyway, I just keep telling myself "this is temporary!" and I know that I'll get back in my groove once my body (and brain) is ready.

I'm just curious, but what do you do for a living? 
    Speaking of "what do you do for a living," @ScientistShesus are you a scientist? I am a professor/scientist.

• Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? A cherry!

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Next appointment isn't until Nov 21st, just about to bust out a doppler at work to check this LO's heartbeat...

Any new symptoms or changes? Not of ton of symptoms, eating way too much I'm sure and the fatigue comes and goes

Rants/Raves/Questions? @mcvgal and I must
    be going through the same, waking up an hour before your alarm because you have to pee so badly thing! Rave MH has been trying to be nice so he went across town to get me donuts yesterday after I had a crazy donut dream earlier in the week.  

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? I hope the baby gets MH's courage and is as well behaved as he was growing up. I hope the baby gets my common sense and work ethic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? A prune!

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Next appointment is Nov 8th for my ultrasound.

Any new symptoms or changes? I was hungry all the time but now just the thought of food repulses me. I have to force myself to eat in small incriments. Even more exhausted too yet waking up in the middle of the night a lot.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm feeling more confident since my miscarriages both ended around the 6 week mark and I am way past that now. I'm still slightly nervous though. I don't know if the nervousness will even go away after first tri though.

GTKY (stealing from Wednesday's ticker change because this is a good one!): What is one personality trait you hope baby gets from you and one trait you hope baby gets from your SO? I hope it gets his ability to socialize with people. He is so friendly and likeable and has a great sense of humour! I tend to be a little more awkward in social situations so I hope it gets that from him. :)
    2 angel babies Jan 2015 and Nov 2015
    BFP Sept 2016
    Fingers crossed for a sticky rainbow baby!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyFruit Ticker