December 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

I didn't see this yet and I needed to vent. So what's f-ed up today?
Married 4/12/13
Anniversary
TTC since 6/13
Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    WTF head colds and bosses!? DH came down with a head cold yesterday. Joy of joys. In all seriousness this is the 3rd time he's gotten sick this year, which is odd as he can normally clear up in a day. So this morning he wakes up feeling worse and he's got a huge event he's working Saturday. He figures take today off to rest up so he's good for Saturday. He texts his boss and says he is sick and has no voice, is it OK to use a sick day? She responds who will cover his shift? One guy is off today and the other guy is probably still sleeping, as it's just shy of 6:15am at this point. Then she asks him if he can work a half day. Say what? He works with the general public. He's a manager. He has no voice. And you want him to come in???? This gets him asking wtf is going to happen if I go into labor when he's scheduled. They know his leave starts the moment I'm in labor, but is she gonna ask who can cover your shift as he's on his way to the hospital with me? He ended up going to work and his boss's boss overruled her and sent him home a few hours later. Now he's resting downstairs. And now I'm on symptom watch for me. Fingers crossed I don't get it.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    l9il9i member
    I was waiting for this thread!  So my friend pulled me aside at work this afternoon to drop a bomb shell that she and her husband are probably done.  She explained their issues and that it's been months and they've tried to resolve it and that she's got her own place and moving out Friday.  I had NO IDEA there were issues!  They both just came to my baby shower this weekend like nothing was wrong.  Now I feel awful because she's been dealing with this all by herself.  I'm glad she told me because at least she can talk to me if she wants to or we can have girls nights, but trying to internalize all of that for months, I couldn't imagine!  So while it's not really a vent, it's definitely a WTF type of afternoon.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Options
    WTF to my parents dogs.  They live about 5 miles away from us on a farm, so I still consider their animals mine. Before leaving for the weekend, one of their three farm dogs had gone missing and they came to find that she was running around the neighborhood and killing chickens :| NOT COOL. (Rural neighborhood = 6 mile radius ish) She is brand new to our family - my sister's neighbor suddenly moved late this summer and couldn't take her with so my parents homed her.  They had no idea she would run and had an inclination for bird killing. (The other two dogs don't at all since they've had chickens/geese/guineas there on and off for years) Anywhoo, they get back from the vaca and Bella (dog missing) is still not home.  We're all kind of figuring that either someone locked her up, or did worse to her :S Then all of the sudden, their 11 1/2 year old shi Tzu/maltese mix is acting weird.. and they figure out that he has gone blind. He went blind over the weekend while we were gone! :( This absolutely broke my heart I can't imagine how scared he felt going blind & having no one around. I just want to pet, hold and reassure him.

On the upside to things.. DH has a really nice pair of Red Wing work shoes he bought about 3 years ago that he wore once. When we moved he forgot completely about them and we re-discovered them last night. I told him he needs to call the store in Omaha & see if there's anything they can do since they don't fit right and they're worn once. I thought this would be a total shot in the dark since he bought them so long ago.. but nope! The store manager said to ship them there and he'll refund us the money. That's like.. $200+ shoes. It NEVER hurts to ask!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    WTF work, as always. I put in for maternity leave months ago and my boss has known for at least 4-5 months. My company offers no paid leave so I'm taking FMLA 12 weeks and using short term disability. The owner of the company (who I'm sure has known about my leave since I let HR know) just came into my office and asked who was going to cover for me while I'm gone and if I could just take 4 weeks instead of 12. Excuse me? I have been trying to convince them to hire someone for the past six months. I'm the only one in my department and we desperately need at least two more people full time. But they have said they don't want to hire anyone. I have brought up who is going to cover for me at least 2X a week since I've told them I'm pregnant and now they listen when I have 5 weeks of work left? Also, they aren't paying me for maternity leave but want to dictate how long I take? Ugh I'm so frustrated with this company.
  • Options
    l9i said:
    I was waiting for this thread!  So my friend pulled me aside at work this afternoon to drop a bomb shell that she and her husband are probably done.  She explained their issues and that it's been months and they've tried to resolve it and that she's got her own place and moving out Friday.  I had NO IDEA there were issues!  They both just came to my baby shower this weekend like nothing was wrong.  Now I feel awful because she's been dealing with this all by herself.  I'm glad she told me because at least she can talk to me if she wants to or we can have girls nights, but trying to internalize all of that for months, I couldn't imagine!  So while it's not really a vent, it's definitely a WTF type of afternoon.
    OMG the same thing happened to me, only the bombshell was dropped the day OF my shower! My work counterpart/friend messaged me the day of my shower letting me know she couldn't come because her husband just asked her for a divorce because he found someone else. Apparently he hasn't been happy for a while.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Apparently I only sleep during the day now? WTF? I keep trying to avoid naps because I am not sleeping well at night, and yet during the day I can't stay awake. Just woke up from a 4hr nap with a super painful cramp in my thigh. Also wtf. Ouch.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @I9i I know its a shock, but I can relate to your friend.  I was the one that kept it all together on the outside leading up to my separation and divorce from my ex-husband.  In my case (everyone is different), it was just how I survived.  It was embarrassing to be the first person in my {Irish Catholic} family to EVER get a divorce.  I felt like a failure because my marriage didn't last more than 2.5 years.  I didn't want to talk about it to anyone - not friends, not family, not coworkers.  I even went so far as to keep my (at the time) married name so I didn't have to talk about it at work (this was very dumb and made everything more expensive and confusing in the longrun).  We had tried counseling, but I think we both knew we weren't going to make it.  Even when I told my parents that we were separating and filing for divorce, they had more suggestions about how to make it last, comments about we made a commitment to each other, etc.  My parents finally accepted everything when I hit them square between the eyes and said that I made a mistake getting married at 23 to a man that I couldn't see myself raising a family with.  

I think it's pretty great that your friend was able to open up to you about it, as I'm sure it was not easy at all. She'll talk when she's ready, and she knows you're someone she can trust.  Don't worry, she'll use you when she's ready!
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I mean, excellent point. At least I'm sleeping sometime

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF Newark airport? All I want is some cheap, easy food to fill me up and all you can offer is your fancy-pants, confusing as heck food court. Where's the McDonald's? Where is the Auntie Anne's? Agh. (Okay, I know. Very petty.)

Oh, and also WTF to United. Boarding from the front of the plane to the back makes soooo much sense, as does having two perfectly good front lavatories that only elite passengers can access.

I guess I've just been spoiled by the (mostly) logical way Southwest does stuff. This rant comes after a four-hour flight in the absolute back row of the plane being bumped and jostled and pushed and trapped by EVERYONE wanting to use the bathroom. Blah. At least I had the aisle.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 omg I totally feel you on the husband work thing. My husband's work just does NOT care, period. I said the same thing, are they not going to let you leave when I go into labor?! The hell.

my WTF is this horrid witch that is my supervisor. She's been harassing me for YEARS. She's so incredibly annoyed that I'm pregnant, and will be taking maternity leave. She's complained about the time I take for appointments, how often I have to pee, having to do my job when I'm gone. Like seriously, I will be gone during the absolute slowest, deadest time of the season for my company. I've been here for 9 years...this is my first pregnancy...other than having my appendix out last year, this is the first time I'll have been gone for any extended period of time. WTF. Oh and she has 3 grown children, all of which she had during the 30+ years she's worked here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF. According to the cultural beliefs of the students/ some staff at my school sitting on the ground can cause you not to get pregnant, apparently your eggs freeze. I was walking from the bathroom to my classroom and see the admin assistant yelling at the art students in Russian for sitting on the concrete. Poor art teacher is new and hadn't heard this one yet. Oh and did I mention that even though I teach bio I could get my butt fired for talking about reproductive health. And I teach at a public charter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was out of breath just putting my shoes on. Not sure how my walk is gonna go! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @karmba I feel ya. It's 91 at the moment here.  :/ I see people talking about running their heat. I'm just happy if my AC can stay off for a few days. 
  • Options
    karmba said:
    These are all great WTFs - and I'm just sitting here wanting to complain how hot it is.  Mid-80s in mid-October is not what I signed up for.
    I had to scrape my windshield this morning. I will trade you anyday.

my WTF is very petty, but . . . WTF contractions/irritable uterus? Going strong from ~8pm Friday until last night. Yet now that I'm good to go, and wont be stopped my ute is as peaceful as can be.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    WTF cankles. Please send my regular ankles back ASAP, please and thank you.
  • Options
    WTF to the people on public transit. I am so tired of getting on and having people rush in front of me to take seats before me.  I literally FELL on someone today when the train went around a corner.  I turn around to apologize and this girl is GLARING at me but then suddenly realizes I'm hugely pregnant and immediately gives me her seat.  I'm physically fine but I feel very embarrassed and am just super frustrated about dealing with this for 6 more weeks.  I wish we could afford Uber every day.
  • Options
    @ErikandAfton WTF?!?!? See, this is why HS students get STIs and get pregnant.
    Yep its insane. I considered walking up to her and telling her I spent a good portion of my childhood and even now I sit on the ground and then point to my belly but I resisted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @penelope4612 seriously, just start asking people for their seats- while rubbing your belly and wincing. Do it. And then tell us about it. 

My WTF is to the people that built our house in 1991. The air ducts that they put under the house were in no way up to code. So we had mice that burrowed in our air ducts and were living there... until they died. Blowing warm 'dead mouse' smell into our house. Disgusting. So we had all the vents in the crawl space ripped out, and have a bunch of companies coming to give us quotes to replace them. Next week. No heater for at least a week from today, probably 2 or 3. Did I mention we had a space heater, but hadn't used it in 8 years so I gave it away about 3 months ago. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @dmontgo OMG. That is a major WTF. You would think the fact that you can't afford to pay for your upcoming service would be something you'd want to tell your stylist, you know, ahead of time.

I am irrationally angry at this woman. Come ON people!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    @PensiveCrayon Right?! This lady's hair past her butt---so the bill, including eyebrows, styling, dyeing, and trimming was like at least $250+. My stylist owns her salon, so it's not like it's a chain that could somehow eat the cost. That's her livelihood! All she could do is tell her that if she cannot pay, she cannot be a client---and that if the postdated check doesn't clear, a lawyer will be in contact with her. It takes hours to do that kind of work--is she going to sit her down and remove everything?

Just so rude and hurtful. >:/
    And also it is essentially stealing.  Not really different than shoplifting.  Leaving with something you didn't pay for.
  • Options
    l9il9i member
    edited October 2016
    @KateH1216 I totally can see that point of view, thank you for sharing.  She gave me the basics of the situation and I told her it wasn't my place to ask questions or discuss further than she wants to.  If she wants to talk, I'm here.  Fortunately for her she never changed her name so there won't be any awkwardness at work in that.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Options
    A giant WTF goes to the lady at the mall tonight that "guaranteed that there was no way I could possibly make it to my due date". Her daughter (standing next to her) went into labor 5 weeks early and apparently I look like she did just before going into labor. Thanks lady. Way to freak a pregnant lay out. As others had said, why do people feel it's okay to comment anything other than "you look great".  

Now I'm worried that we're in the process of painting the nursery now and we still haven't purchased our car seat (tomorrow is payday and we'll order this weekend).  Gah. Maybe I should just stay home for the next 7 weeks until my due date!
  • Options
    @KateH1216 People are idiots. This lady knows nothing about you or your pregnancy. I'm so glad I haven't had anyone say something like that to me. They would get an earful!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PharmDMom thank you!  Of course, logically I know this, and I've joked about only making it to thanksgiving and not my 12/6 EDD (because I have so much to do at home and at work!), but this lady completely caught me off guard and I didn't know what to say. I just laughed and walked away.  You're absolutely right. People are idiots!
  • Options
    @KateH1216, that sucks and I can kinda relate. So many people have said I won't make it until December (my EDD is 12/5) and I get anxious because there's so much left to do.  Also, it makes me so self-conscious, even though I love my bump and am not that big. I'm telling myself to just take a deep breath and only worry about my doctor's opinion of when baby might come! So I'm echoing part of your WTF- unless someone is saying how great we look, I do not understand the constant comments on our bodies!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KateH1216 I'm sorry she was so rude. In my mind I imagined you replying with "Oh wow, did your daughter also not appreciate unnecessary comments from complete strangers?" I think @dmontgo would've said it. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @dmontgo I have GOT to start carrying around more bananas!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the support ladies...I was completely dumbfounded.  I think carrying around a bunch of bananas is exactly the answer I needed last night  :D