May 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday ticker change 10/20

kat81kat81 member
edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
Please go to the correct thread. Sorry to have started another one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thursday ticker change 10/20

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? According to thebump app, a lime...I guess a really tiny one? That seems big for this far along.

Appointments this week? My next appointment is Halloween. After this appointment we will tell the next group of people -- my sisters (already told my parents), plus probably whomever we start to see in person after that time who we consider to be close friends. Possibly after not too much longer we will start telling a lot more people, including our children.

Symptoms? This f-ing nausea is not really subsiding! So I changed my prediction back to "girl." When I sit for a long time I start to get some of my SPD symptoms. Given that SPD is supposed to be more of a late-pregnancy affliction, I feel as though having it plus nausea is a bit like the curse of having acne and wrinkles. You feel too old for one and too young for the other. I'm looking forward to hopefully the nausea going away or getting a lot better this week. I'm hopeful.

Rant/Rave/Questions? My only rant is this nausea. 

GTYK: What are your plans for Nov 8? (voting--when?, not voting, volunteering, watching the returns with anyone/party, etc.)
    This is such a dumb GTYK but I can't think of ANYTHING else other than the stupid election, so that was my question to the group. I can't wait for it to be over. I will probably vote after dropping off my daughter at preschool and before going to work. Hopefully I will make it to class on time, but I am thinking about cancelling my first class and telling students to vote instead (mainly so I can vote). Also, frustratingly, my son's school is canceled that day. It will be cool to take him to the polling place (unless he behaves so poorly we have to get out of line) but I'm not looking forward to having to take him to my classes at work and everything.

I will probably just watch the returns with DH on our computer at home, because we'll have to be watching the kids and all. But we do live down the street from DH's parents so maybe we can all watch them together. We are all voting for the same people this time. I'd love to volunteer and GOTV but with the kids and work I don't see it happening.

• Options

The thread below was started a little earlier this morning. But you got me thinking about telling my boys. I have no idea how soon or when to tell them. DS2 is only 2 so I am not to concerned about telling him. But I don't know how we'll tell DS1 yet.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12692577/thursday-ticker-change-10-20#latest

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh thank you. I don't know why I didn't see it.

• Options
    I love mistake threads because they can turn into gif parties. How about that?  ;)

• Options
    Not a Thursday girl so I just found this! I'm down to party!

• Options
    thanks everyone! :)