February 2017 Moms

UO 10/20

2»

Re: UO 10/20

• Coincidentally, on the radio this morning, they were talking about the pronounciation of "pecan" and "caramel." I don't judge, to Americans, I say a lot of things funny because I'm Canadian. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Stripes are fine on other people, but I would never choose stripes. I do love me a chevron pattern, though.

Raisin Bran is one of my top five favorite cereals.

I love Crocs. I own six pairs of them. None of them are clogs though - I have one pair of heels, two pairs of Mary Janes, one pair of peep-toe jelly flats, one pair of flip flops, and one pair of (leather) boat shoes. People make fun of me for them, but unless I tell you they are Crocs, you wouldn't know. They make some quality shoes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • +1 for Google over all
    -1 for Raisin Bran and Grape Nuts
    +1 for Stripes and I'm wearing them now
    -1 for Crocs

My UO.  I hate ketchup.  I think it's gross.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • homemake said:
    I also like the stripes for maternity, but they are getting less flattering on me as time goes on. So they may be phased out in favor of solids. 

I also love that so many of you love raisin bran! You are my people! Now, how can we explain it to my DH?

As for Bing vs. Google, I bet we could come up with a GTKY quiz with all of the modern day brand choices we have... Coke vs. Pepsi, Home Depot vs. Lowes, Walmart vs. Target.

Dare we get into the really inflammatory ones, like how we pronounce pecan? I also saw one of the other BMBS was debating which way you roll the TP. 
    I moved to the south last year, there's one in my front yard. I've accepted that it IS pronounced peCAHN, not Pea-Can which is how i spent my life pronouncing it. Im still working on the adjustment.
    I say pecan both ways... I guess that is what happens when you grow up in Northen VA, where you have a mix of the south and north. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • peachesnbeanpeachesnbean member
    edited October 2016
    Ant. Puh-can. Carr-muhl.

oooh I have a good one! How do you pronounce "zoology"? -- you're probably wrong. Or at least I strongly think so.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    I've no clue how to say zoology, but I'd say it like this zoo-ludgy (lud-gee)

Oh wait maybe that's not right, but zoo-ology doesn't sound right
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I worked at a cold stone creamery in highschool nom nom nom. I would say caramel different for every customer, I appreciate all of the pronunciations for that word. 
  • @peachesnbean it's not zoo-ah-logy?  
  • Zoo- oligy. 
    Ca ruh mel. 
    Ant. 
    Pee cahn. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger you're fucking cute! Protect yourself from crazies on the Internet.  

• Zoh-ology is how actual zoologists say it @peachesnbean :)
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger but you can wear so many clothes that I would look like a hooker in!
  • @Xstatic3333 yes! I took a few Zo classes back in the day. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• @homemake Charlie is also my number one. Because of Dayman and kitten mittens mostly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @homemake my dog 1000% needs kitten mittens.
  • homemake said:
    @peachesnbean it's not zoo-ah-logy?  
    It depends on if you're a prescriptivist or not. I, personally fall into that camp because the prefix is zo- and the suffix is -ology. It is meant to be pronounced Zoh-ah-luh-gee. However, the word zoo came from zoology and descriptivists have transformed the common pronunciation to zoo-ah-Luh-gee.  

Im very passionate about the pronunciation of this word.
    I just popped a boner for @peachesnbean
  • homemake said:
    It depends on if you're a prescriptivist or not. I, personally fall into that camp because the prefix is zo- and the suffix is -ology. It is meant to be pronounced Zoh-ah-luh-gee. However, the word zoo came from zoology and descriptivists have transformed the common pronunciation to zoo-ah-Luh-gee.  

Well, I guess since we are exes I won't get too jealous...
  • homemake said:

YOU LEFT ME, REMEMBER?????
  • homemake said:

But were you on a break?! 
  • homemake said:

I didn't leave you. I just.........strayed a little. 
  • @NiceyMeany who can blame her though? I mean I'm a real renissance woman. 
  • homemake said:

But were you on a break?! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm watching Friends right now and thought of you @kswiger06!
  • @lfrank12 whaaat? I didn't know friends was on now!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pretty much everything in life has a Friends reference  :D
  • tishb said:
    Pretty much everything in life has a Friends reference  :D
    So true. 
  • kswiger06 said:
    @lfrank12 whaaat? I didn't know friends was on now!! 
    On one of my TBS channels! It's usually on from 4-6 pm each day so not sure why it's on now but not complaining!