February 2017 Moms

The Politics Post

Re: The Politics Post

• GOOD! National attention is exactly what this needs! I know I'm proud of my fellow Montanans, there's a huuuuge push to get him impeached before he can retire. I have a hard time stomaching the idea of letting this guy collect retirement after such a blatant slap in the face. Not likely to happen, but still! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've decided I need to calm down reading about the political happenings with my friends in the south. The number of times I've wanted to flip my coffee table reading political posts this morning is alarming. Probably not good for my blood pressure. I'm just getting sick of the finger pointing on both sides(from the candidates and supporters) with no substantial links to evidence to back up their claims and arguments.  I've been ignored a few times asking for links to sources, and on other occasions told to go research it for myself. I have no issue researching these things, but if I don't know where you got YOUR information from I have no way of knowing if your argument is even credible. There's a lot of sites on the internet out there, and to try and sift through all of them to find exactly where you got your info from? Yeah, nice try. I know it's not my election, I know I have literally no say in the outcome, but it DOES effect me in some way as someone living as a neighbor to the USA. It can effect our trade relations among other things so I just like to know where people stand and get an idea of where things are heading. I'm not trying to get anyone to vote for one or the other, that's not my right, I just want to know if people are thinking critically or not. Elections are a very important time, but that's an understatement.
  • Are you guys watching this? This moderator is no nonsense. 
  • Yeah he's going after both of them. This is intense and he's making me mad tonight. 
  • @PerraSucia Agreed! He came to get down to business!
  • it's funny like his whole thing is thengovernment sucks and he's been smart to take advantage of these stupid laws. But why the hell would people trust someone who clearly has never given a shit about them before to do it now. 
  • This debate is such a departure from the first two!! I hate to say it, but Trump is way more composed than usual. A little bit of crazy Trumpiness, but not a raving lunatic thus far. 
  • "Nobody has more respect for women than I do...but emails!!"

I'm rolling my eyes so hard you can only see white. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me during the entire debate:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oy with the "respect for women" and I thought Hillary was going to spit-take when he dropped the bad hombres. 
  • "You can't polish this turd." 

:D that one made my night

• I didn't get to see my H until this morning and he thought the whole thing was another shit storm.. but I personally think Trump spoke to EXACTLY who he needed too.. the religious right who aren't really supporting him because he sucks. 
  • I didn't get to see my H until this morning and he thought the whole thing was another shit storm.. but I personally think Trump spoke to EXACTLY who he needed too.. the religious right who aren't really supporting him because he sucks. 
    100% agree on this and it made me so angry
  • lfrank12 said:
    I didn't get to see my H until this morning and he thought the whole thing was another shit storm.. but I personally think Trump spoke to EXACTLY who he needed too.. the religious right who aren't really supporting him because he sucks. 
    100% agree on this and it made me so angry
    Yeah Trump didn't do as badly as usual, though he was still pretty horrifying to those of us into facts. Hillary was a little off her game on the Clinton foundation question. At this point they're both just galvanizing their bases and she's probably the only one who could win any undecideds. The whole thing really stressed me out. 
  • I loved her answer on Roe v Wade and abortion, I feel like she was really owning her feminism.
    Yes. Totally. Trump's misinformation on that particular question was so upsetting. 

• I loved her answer on Roe v Wade and abortion, I feel like she was really owning her feminism.
    Me too, because if a woman is waiting that long to have a "late term abortion" she wants the baby but there is some sort of health issue.  Here is one that is a real tear jerker just a warning. 

https://www.vox.com/2016/6/21/11989004/32-week-abortion-laws-hell

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Yes. Totally. Trump's misinformation on that particular question was so upsetting. 
    The problem for me is that there are some people out there who will just believe what he said and not take the time to look at the facts. It's terrifying 
    When I was watching the debate, I was yelling at the tv that he is not saying anything that is true. He made me so angry last night. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

When I was watching the debate, I was yelling at the tv that he is not saying anything that is true. He made me so angry last night. 
    Me too! I was yelling "That's not a thing! That's not a thing!"
  • Shawlls said:
    In case you all need a place to live after the election, feel free to join us up here in Canada :) 

If universal healthcare, low crime rates, and maple syrup aren't enough to entice you, here is a picture of our Prime Minister.
    I second this . I lived in Maryland from 2010 to 2014 and I'm glad to be back home because I'd hate to have to deal with that debate lol 

• @skiingstark and @scifichick09 thanks for posting those stories.  So heartbreaking and just reinforce why the govt has no business interfering in these decisions.
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited October 2016
    So if you like the nasty pic that is above this post, they are now selling it.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/750491-nasty-lady-liberty?store_id=2982

I bought the hoodie. WIsh they had a maternity shirt, hoodie though should be big enough my tummy and when I get smaller, a big hoodie is still comfy to wear :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Love it @skiingstark ! I want the mug

• Anyone else have "early voting" in their area? I think this is definitely something I'm going to take advantage of. 
  • Jab3 said:
    Anyone else have "early voting" in their area? I think this is definitely something I'm going to take advantage of. 
    Yep, luv Colorado policy, everyone who is registered to vote gets a mail in ballot automatically and they have drop off locations everywhere.  It makes it soo easy, every state should do this. 

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • We have early voting. We're going to go next week. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• Feeling so infuriated today about the Malheur verdict. This is personal for me. Working in the environmental field for a public agency, I feel like this puts the safety and work of so many people like me at risk. How the hell is what they did not illegal? All I can think is that the federal prosecutors must have dropped the ball or pursued the wrong charges. 
  • Feeling so infuriated today about the Malheur verdict. This is personal for me. Working in the environmental field for a public agency, I feel like this puts the safety and work of so many people like me at risk. How the hell is what they did not illegal? All I can think is that the federal prosecutors must have dropped the ball or pursued the wrong charges. 
    Yeah, do not understand how they cannot be found guilty. It  is crazy.... and at the same time what they are doing to the native Americans with the pipeline.... 

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
    Yeah, do not understand how they cannot be found guilty. It  is crazy.... and at the same time what they are doing to the native Americans with the pipeline.... 
    Seriously. The contrast is unbelievable. It's a sad day for the country.
  • @Xstatic3333 I am absolutely enraged.  What in the actual fuck.
  • I don't even understand how it's possible I mean it clearly happened 
  • I'm really hoping one of my many lawyer friends will post a solid, informative article about why this happened because it is beyond confusing to me. On what planet is taking over a workplace at gunpoint not against the law? It's no longer a peaceful protest when you are refusing to let people do the job they need to do. The poor wildlife biologist there had so much of her research interrupted and records destroyed. The people who lived in the area were terrorized by everything that was going on, and now, really, nothing? 
  • @krob I couldn't agree with you more.