October 2016 Moms

All things Post Partum

Re: All things Post Partum

• Ive had a miserable headache all day. Ibuprofen isn't helping. I took a nap while baby napped. Woke up and its still here. Hormones? 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Have you guys heard about the period of PURPLE crying?  It's basically the period from 2 weeks to around 4 months.  During this time, crying gradually increases and peaks around 3-4 months.  Babies cry, sometimes for hours, for no real reason.  It's completely normal but it can be really frustrating since there's nothing you can really do about it.  There's a big push in my area to get the word out about it so parents realize it's normal and not something they're doing wrong.  Here's some more info: https://purplecrying.info/
  • Loading the player...
  • the idea of this purple crying terrifies me @ignoscemihi
    Abigail is 2 weeks old today and has been very content, only cries when hungry. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @kmolleltz some babies remain very calm or only cry for short periods.  I think it's more a "if your baby is crying for no apparent reason, don't blame yourself.  It's normal.  And here are some coping strategies."  Here's hoping Abigail is an easy baby.
  • Our hospitals wouldn't discharge us until we watched the PURPLE crying dvd, they are very adamant about being informed on the subject. I had to watch it with all of my babies.
  • A spin off what @AllyTheKid says about consleeping. I was against it until my first came along and I actually figured out she would sleep through the night if she was beside me. That said, I sleep super light, a creak wakes me up like nothing. But if you're going to do it make sure you do your research and be safe about it and know you can sleep train later on when their older and used to the world! 
    Also I didn't know what purple crying was until I had my second who was so so colicky. Literally she would scream from 8pm-4am. It was absolutely miserable. I remember calling our 24 hour nurses line bawling after day 3, cause she just wouldn't stop screaming. This was my second rodeo with a newborn and she kicked my ass. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe TMI here but how soon PP did you STM have sex? Do you gotta wait the 6 weeks or is it ok after the bleeding has stopped? 
  • @kmolleltz I get horrible hormones headaches. I had one this go around and even the 800 mgs of IB Profun I took didn't do a thing. I've gotten them during other hormonal surges in the past so I think that's just how my body reacts. Drinking lots of cold water helped a little. As did some caffeine. Mostly I just had to wait it out. I hope you feel better!

• Maybe TMI here but how soon PP did you STM have sex? Do you gotta wait the 6 weeks or is it ok after the bleeding has stopped? 
    I was naughty and had sex at 5 weeks with DS. No problems. 
  • mrszoess said:
    i'm pretty sure the 6 week rule is there to prevent infection and any issues with your healing, vaginal or otherwise. imo healing is more important than an orgasm. 
    this
  • @lindzsers ugh. Thanks for the heads up. I did finally fall asleep last night and by this morning I seem to be in the clear
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • And now for the TTM POV:

@AshleyGemini24 Healing and infection prevention are very important, yes, but nobody knows your body better than you. If you're listening to your body and you feel like you're ready for sex, you probably are. If you're unsure, a quick check with your OB can answer that 100% for you. 6 weeks is just a rough estimate, and everybody heals differently.

FWIW, I do not achieve orgasm from penetration, but I miss the closeness and the bond I feel with FI during sex, and once I have my implant put in (1 month PP) you can bet I'm feeling up to and planning on having sex.
  • @mrscorker Me too! We didn't cuddle very much during especially the last part of my pregnancy because I needed particular pillows all around me to be comfortable. We were in the hospital 2 nights with the delivery, home two nights with baby, and then back in the hospital another night with jaundice. I try to hug him as much as possible but we have our hands full.

Also, I miss my baby SO MUCH. I just want to hold her all the time. And then I feel horrible because I also want her to feed quickly and go to sleep so I can eat, sleep, pee, whatever.

Also I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything wrong. I don't understand how anyone survives having kids, or maybe I'm just particularly bad at it. And my baby is a really good baby, too. 

• @RainMira9e You are for sure not doing everything wrong. We're all winging this shit! 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER Yes. I'm also struggling because we've had family staying with us since the baby was born and we're SO ready to finally have alone time as a family. DH is also back to work, although we're lucky he works from home it's still hard. I'm with him but not WITH him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LGW2015 said:
    @MRSCORKER Yes. I'm also struggling because we've had family staying with us since the baby was born and we're SO ready to finally have alone time as a family. DH is also back to work, although we're lucky he works from home it's still hard. I'm with him but not WITH him.
    Perfect way to put it! H has to go back to work tomorrow and I'm so sad. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I feel you, @mrscorker. He is SO good with the baby, but his current work situation has him home between jobs from 3:30-4:45pm. Of course he is holding the baby then to get time with him, and we're both too tired when he gets home at 10:45pm to do anything except deal with getting the baby to sleep so we can go to bed. We are living for the weekends right now! I'm hoping we can get some time together while the baby is sleeping tomorrow. 
  • @MRSCORKER, yes to this. We don't get much time to be us anymore. And hold the criticism, but with Robert sleeping between us most nights, we really struggle to find mommy and daddy time. and when we do, its quite limited. 
  • Holy. Hormones. I cannot get it together today. I'm so exhausted but I'm afraid to sleep in case he stops breathing or something. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    Holy. Hormones. I cannot get it together today. I'm so exhausted but I'm afraid to sleep in case he stops breathing or something. 
    Easier said than done, I know- but you gotta let that go! You need sleep!
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Holy. Hormones. I cannot get it together today. I'm so exhausted but I'm afraid to sleep in case he stops breathing or something. 
    Easier said than done, I know- but you gotta let that go! You need sleep!
    I know. Anxiety knows no logic. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Hubby goes back to work on Monday. It's only early Saturday morning right now but I'm already panicking about handling a newborn and an active 3.5 year old. I know millions of women have done it and survived but I'm still anxious 
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Awesome taste in music Baby Bear @ibabyloveb87
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @ibabyloveb87 violet will mainly calm down to 90s hip hop and hall &a oates lol
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2016
    mrszoess said:
    @ibabyloveb87 violet will mainly calm down to 90s hip hop and hall &a oates lol
    You will love Scott Melker... he's a mashup artist. He was on SoundCloud for a while but was pulled bc of copywrite issues or something like that. Here's a link to the mashup section of his website. You may like the "Ballin Oats" set of mashups :) The Biggie mixes are really good too. 

https://themelkerproject.com/remixes/

• @bnsmith85 gonna check that out, thanks ;) 
  • Baby is two weeks now and I still don't feel a bond with him. I feel like a horrible person for feeling that way, especially because I didn't feel this way with my other 2 boys. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby is two weeks now and I still don't feel a bond with him. I feel like a horrible person for feeling that way, especially because I didn't feel this way with my other 2 boys. 
    I felt the same way with my son. It will come. I expected the same this time but it's better, and I think it's because of the Zoloft. If it continues mention it to your OB. 
  • @BabySunshine4 don't feel bad- everyone is different. Mine didn't feel like mine at all since he was taken to the NICU pretty much ASAP. He didn't even feel like my baby. Something that ended up helping me was that he always got the hiccups in my uterus at night and I found that he continues to do this as an outside baby : ) I hope you are able to bond with him soon, but don't sweat it if not. 

Well at 7 days PP, I don't need to use the peri bottle anymore, but still have the blood. Wearing pads reminds me so much of being a teenager, yuck. I do find myself tired at times though and know I can't push myself too much. I went out to Target by myself a few days ago to get some nursing bras (so obviously DH couldn't go and pick it out for me) and just walking around that little much really tuckered me out. Very different than sitting on the couch all day with baby attached to the boob :)

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• I felt so bad this morning when Robert woke up like clockwork to feed last night. and i got frustrated with him and was fussing nearly scolding him. Of course this started the waterworks, all as FI was having to leave for work.  
  • How has everyone's first day been after hubby went back to work? Mine goes back tomorrow and while things have been going pretty smoothly I anticipate a hormonal meltdown tonight about it
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

• How has everyone's first day been after hubby went back to work? Mine goes back tomorrow and while things have been going pretty smoothly I anticipate a hormonal meltdown tonight about it
    Mine goes back tomorrow too. I am trying not to think about it. I'm not really nervous about having the kids by myself but I will just miss him in the house. I feel lonely any time I think about it. 
  • maf9866 said:
    How has everyone's first day been after hubby went back to work? Mine goes back tomorrow and while things have been going pretty smoothly I anticipate a hormonal meltdown tonight about it
    Mine goes back tomorrow too. I am trying not to think about it. I'm not really nervous about having the kids by myself but I will just miss him in the house. I feel lonely any time I think about it. 
    That is very true here too. It's been really nice having another adult here to talk to during the day
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

Mine goes back to work tomorrow night and I'm honestly dreading every second he'll be gone.... My DH is basically the most amazing dad/spouse of all time so I know it will be very difficult for all of us. I'm emotional just thinking about it, but we just don't have any other option bc he just started this job a few months ago and doesn't have much time off.... Not to mention I have no idea how it will work if we still have baby sleeping in our room and he's getting home between 2-4am and coming to bed. Prayers for all you other moms out there going through the same thing. 
  • My husband is planning from working from home this coming week - and I'm terrified of that! Looking forward to hearing anyone's coping mechanisms. Really he does 99% of everything - all I'm good for is having boobs. Luckily he can usually sleep through feedings - IF he is willing to, which he isn't always. Sometimes he just stays alert to watch in case we need anything from him.