February 2017 Moms

UO 10/20

Re: UO 10/20

• I have two:

1. Raisin bran is delicious. DH thinks this is the world's least popular opinion.
    2. I like Bing better for searching than any other search engine, including google.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I don't like stripes or polka dots for maternity clothing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • cruffinocruffino member
    edited October 2016
    i love watching the debates.

@WinchesterGirl i love raisin bran! 

welcoming our ewok 2/6/17
    I am so freaking over stripes. Like, when is that trend going to fade?!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

I am drawn to stripes for some reason, and my husband makes fun of me for it all the time. I bought 1, only 1 striped maternity shirt and my husband joked that I should have bought polka-dots so I could easily tell my normal clothes apart from my maternity stuff lol.

My UO I love eating the fat off of steaks and roasts. My husband recently got a deer, and thinks it tastes just as good, but I really miss the fat.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Love stripes and I am totally copying a polka dot sweater I saw in HBDB  :D
  • My UO is that pizza crust only tastes good after it is dipped in soda. Otherwise I give my crust to the doggies. Oddly enough it is a weird thing that most of my family members do with pizza crust. Dip it in a cup of soda like we are dipping a cookie in milk lol
  • @BlondePeanut - maybe not a UO... more of a Fun Fact? I canNOT stand pizza when I am pregnant. It is my worst aversion. It carried over my first pregnancy when I threw up a Tombstone mini pizza. The day after I was home from the hospital we ordered pizza and the pizza train was running again! Almost as soon as I hit my BFP this time and with DD2 pizza has been my arch enemy again!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• @peachesnbean - oh no! I have eaten so much pizza during my pregnancy lol...pizza and mozzarella sticks are my go to if we order in which is usually once a week

• Huh. I just think of stripes as a basic, boring option, not any sort of statement piece of trend. Oh well! 

I also like Raisin Bran. It was my daily breakfast when I lived in the hotel for three weeks. 
  • LMAO @Spicyweiner
    I nailed the UO this week I guess
  • My UO is that pizza crust only tastes good after it is dipped in soda. Otherwise I give my crust to the doggies. Oddly enough it is a weird thing that most of my family members do with pizza crust. Dip it in a cup of soda like we are dipping a cookie in milk lol
    I think I just threw up in my mouth 
    I can always depend on @Spicyweiner to make me actually laugh out loud.
  • @yogadevil I love Grape Nuts too! 
  • @yogadevil this isn't a UO at all, but a funny story. I was a teen when I learned how to ski. The instructor had all of us newbs in a single line heading up the hill. (The easiest hill there) A snowboarding newb came down the hill and couldn't stop so they turned facing us and sat back, they ended up domino knocking us over. There was 6 of us who went down. I've been anti snowboarders ever since ;)  

And a side off of that,  the funniest moments I've witnessed was when people were getting off the lift and caused massive pile ups. They still make me giggle thinking about them
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did buy a couple striped maternity shirts that I don't hate but I was being cheap and shopping in clearance and didn't have a ton of options. I prefer my solid color maternity shirts. 

I love Raisin Bran! We got this awesome granola cereal that I had for breakfast yesterday and I was amazed at how much longer it lasted in my stomach than the normal cereals we buy. I wasn't hungry until 11am when usually I'm hungry at 9:30, then again at 11. DH agreed with me but then claimed he didn't like the taste as much as our normal cereal. I personally think it tasted better.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I do own one striped maternity top, but I bought it in lot of clothes a lady sold me. 
    I only throw it on quickly in dire need. 
    Its my least favorite piece. 
    Pizza crust dipped in soda actually sounds good!

Pizza dipped in ranch is amazing, which may or may not be an UO.
  • I have a striped shirt I wore in the previous HDBD post. It's not maternity though, it's my regular top. I'm all for some stripes!
  • UO: i totally dig all the shows on paranormal activity. It freaks me out but i can't help but watch when it's on. H is the same.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @WinchesterGirl I love raisin bran! Remember that California raisin commercials that's used to be on during the 90s? 

But BING? Ewww. That is definitely an UO. How do you even stand it? 

RE: PIZZA
    I don't even eat the crust unless I can dip it into marinara sauce or garlic sauce.  But soda? That's super weird. Which Sodom do you dip it in? 

• yogadevil said:
    I'll piggyback off of @WinchesterGirl 's cereal confession: Grape Nuts is my favorite cereal! I do dig Raisin Bran too

Another UO- mostly because I'm mourning the loss of hitting the slopes this winter, but snowboarders annoy me. Im a skiing purist. Boarders scrape up the hill and leave uneven coverage in the years it takes them to be proficient, and it pisses me off when they stop *right* when they get off the lift to put on their straps without moving over subsequently causing pile ups. DH is strictly a snowboarder, and it's become a point of contention which skill we'll teach this little one first. Obviously the kid will choose which discipline they like best, but I learned to ski at 20 months and always pictured teaching my own little potato-in-a-snowsuit around the same time
    Yogadevil you are my snow mate :) My DH is a snowboarder too, the good news is you can teach skiing at a younger age so my plan my kid will already know how to ski before they even have a chance at snowboarding. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • While I'm on a sauce kick, My UO is that barbecue sauce is disgusting. H and I LOOOOVE any kind of sauce but I just cannot stand barbecue. It's gross. 
  • @yogadevil my parents tried to make my brothers and I all be skiers. One by one we each converted to snowboarding and honestly, I'll never look back! I love the board SO much more! And yes--I'm super depressed this winter 1. Not being able to snowboard and 2. Not living in my Rocky Mountains anymore ;-(

And for anyone who likes Raisin Bran, try Basic 4! I'm seriously addicted to it these days! And it makes for great 'granola' on yogurt! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oooh, I found my UO. I don't think I've ever met someone who looks better with hair dyed a different color.  I just don't think you can beat natural coloring. (Dying gray back, I can totes agree with)

Even people who are pretty for a living. I mean, sure, she looks good with fake red added and fake blonde, but I think her natural hair color matches her coloring best.

That said, Emma Stone is a unicorn. She can pull off whatever. She almost make purple look natural.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Judging by these posts, my UO is that I hate cereal! I will occasionally eat it, but in general, I'd rather eat anything else.
  • You don't want my opinion @MoonOverGoldsboro
  • I don't like ranch dressing.  :o
  • I also like the stripes for maternity, but they are getting less flattering on me as time goes on. So they may be phased out in favor of solids. 

I also love that so many of you love raisin bran! You are my people! Now, how can we explain it to my DH?

As for Bing vs. Google, I bet we could come up with a GTKY quiz with all of the modern day brand choices we have... Coke vs. Pepsi, Home Depot vs. Lowes, Walmart vs. Target.

Dare we get into the really inflammatory ones, like how we pronounce pecan? I also saw one of the other BMBS was debating which way you roll the TP. 
    I moved to the south last year, there's one in my front yard. I've accepted that it IS pronounced peCAHN, not Pea-Can which is how i spent my life pronouncing it. Im still working on the adjustment.