Pregnant after IF

**First Trimester Check-in Oct 17**

2»

Re: **First Trimester Check-in Oct 17**

• Hi everyone, jumping in here for the first time!  

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 6(ish) weeks, we aren't 100% sure bc we conceived after a loss!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? some boob soreness...quite a bit of nausea and super tired!  

3. When is your next appointment? I had my 2nd us this morning...we could see the little tadpole, but no heartbeat yet.  The doctor said not to worry (easy, right?) and we're going back on Tuesday to check again!

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I am so so nervous.  Especially after the less than exciting heart beat ultrasound this morning.  We had a CP in August, so even though I'm a good week past where I was when that happened...I just can't get attached to this pregnancy.  Really nervous!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @beckij34 I am so with you with the sinus issues... I usually take flonase which has been my ONLY saving grace for my allergies (which all seem to be centered in my sinus region). My RE said to stay away from flonase and that the only approved allergy med for pregnancy is claritin (zyrtec is also fine) but he said for me to even avoid those if I can help it. So really I feel like I can't/shouldn't take anything for my allergies. Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say, but I just wanted to commiserate with you!

It's good to see you here @BWhitta! I really hope you will be sticking around! FX for your ultrasound next week!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • It's good to see you too, @wifeinraleigh28 I was THRILLED to see your ultrasound!!!!!!!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @clt2pwm11 yay!! I wish I could love that 3 more times! Baby could just be really sophisticated already and is smoking a pipe... Was your u/s abdominal or vaginal for this one?
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips this one was abdominal but all the others have been vaginal. I was a little surprised when I didn't have to take my pants off!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • 1. I'll be 12wks tomorrow, EDD 5/5/17

2. Still bad nausea, fatigue, and headaches.

3. We had our MFM appointment today, and it went great. Our little muffin was dancing around and looked so adorable! NT scan came back normal, so all good news today! We told DS the news, and his reaction was so adorable. He's super excited to be a big brother. We told him the baby is growing inside my belly, and he grabbed my hand and said, "Mom, I want to show the baby EVERYTHING! Let's go!"

4. We got our Panorama results back last week, and everything came back low risk, which was great news. They also determined the gender of the baby. We are having a gender reveal party on Sunday, but the twist is that we don't know the result! I got our clinic to write it down and put it in an envelope, which I sent to my SIL. She is planning the reveal so that we can be surprised, too, along with our families. We're so excited!

QOTW: Mainly the intense nausea. I had some nausea with DS, but this is so much worse. I feel like I can barely function most days between the nausea and the weakness, even with Diclegis. It's really impacted my ability to "act normal," so I will be glad once we start telling people about the pregnancy.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @clt2pwm11 OMG what a cute little munchkin you have in there!!! Haha, not needing to take your pants off at the dr?? What's that like?! :wink:

@BlueEyedDreamer Congrats on all the good news!! How cute that you will also be surprised at your gender reveal! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • NatalieGentryNatalieGentry member
    edited October 2016

Hi, new to this board. Thought I would do a little intro before I check-in. My name is Natalie and I am a 36 year old Labor and Delivery Nurse.  I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 23 and have been trying to conceive since then.  My ex-husband and I had tried clomid for months and months and IVF with no success. **TW**I got pregnant out of the blue 5 years ago but miscarried at 8W5D. Marriage ended a year or so ago and now I am with my amazing fiancee.  Due to my age we knew we needed to get the ball rolling so I went to a new OB/GYN because I moved out of state and she started me on Femara in July with no real hopes that a pill that cost me $6.05 a month would really work but knew I needed to start somewhere.  I have a 10 year old son that I adopted from foster care when he was an infant.

Got a BFP on 10/4!!!! Complete shock.  I am due June 10th.  I have taken about 15 HPT since then because I am just in shock. Doctor did beta HCG and they are increasing like they should.  I have my first ultrasound on October 27th and my first OB appt on November 1st.

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? I will be 7 weeks tomorrow (10/22), my EDD is June 10th.

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Breast tenderness, gas/bloating, food aversions, some nausea/dry heaving, cravings

3. When is your next appointment? First US on October 27th and first OB appt. November 1st

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I am just so nervous, looking forward to getting to know you ladies!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @NatalieGentry Congratulations! We are so glad you are here! Femara was ultimately what worked for me too after three unsuccessful rounds of Clomid. So glad there are more options today than even just a few years ago. I'm glad your story has a happy ending :)
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Hi ladies, sorry I havent been on for a minute. Ive really been struggling with nausea, headaches etc. and to top it off I had the flu last week so Ive been pretty miserable. Had my NT u/s last wed and everything came back normal. @clt2pwm11 it was defintely weird not to have to take my pants off. lol I'm 13 weeks today so I'll be graduating to the second trimester soon. Welcome @BWhitta and @NatalieGentry