January 2017 Moms

Significant other nesting

DH just explained to me that he needs to organize our kitchen cabinets because we only have 11 weeks before this baby comes and he doesn't want to bring a newborn home to an unorganized house........uh what?!
He took everything out of our cupboards and is HAND WASHING everything!

Is anyone else's significant other nesting?? This is so bizarre to me!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
BFP 9.7.15 CP 
BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
BFP 10.14.17 CP
BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18

Re: Significant other nesting

• No, mine is the opposite. I think he's even doing less than he normally does, if that's possible. I could use some cabinet cleaning though. Lol
  • Yes!  Everyday I hear about another project that needs to be done.  He justifies them all by saying that we'll wish we had done it before the baby arrived.  So I'm just trying to determine the highest priority projects between our two lists.  
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL maybe that is what is going on here.  DH has next week off before he starts his new job and at this point nearly the whole week is filled with projects.  

Monday and maybe Tuesday is painting the downstairs. Wednesday he is taking the kids out so I can shampoo and deep clean all the carpets.  Thursday he, our neighbor and another friend are putting slabs in the backyards where our shed will go.  Friday is video games and a trip to the spa for me :)

We still have to paint the baby's room but aren't in a hurry.  He won't be in there until he is 5 or 6 months anyway so we might just hire that out a little later. I'm starting to freak out, the next few weeks are big to me and it is starting to really hit home.  I'm on every 2 weeks for my appointments (30 weeks now) and typically my BP starts going haywire around 33 or 34 weeks so we will know more about when baby will get here soon.  I'm not at all ready mentally. 
  • Yes! My husband spent all of Sunday reorganizing the garage.  I'm definitely not complaining though, because he's needed to do that for a long time!
  • Don't I wish.  The nursery is still completely unpainted, despite me having bought all the supplies weeks ago and completely prepped the room all by myself.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • omg I wish! He did mention hiring someone to do a deep clean after Christmas but before baby comes as my birthday gift (a couple days before my due date) but I could seriously get on board with him nesting. I can't even get him to get on board with painting the nursery and DD's room. I think he's more overwhelmed by the idea of 2 kids and is just shutting down instead of getting all nest-y 
  • I can't complain because H is a HUGE help around the house. Seriously, I adore him for how much he does. He put together all of the baby's furniture that just arrived on Saturday. It could have pretty easily stayed in the garage, but he was insistent. He did start picking stuff up and taking things to be donated too. I think he's just stressing a little bit, but he's also excited. It's pretty cute.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This all started in our house when I spent 2 hours in the crawl space sorting through boxes and bins into trash, donate, and keep piles. Hahaha he realized that I had a lot on my to do list I think!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • My DH has been seriously stepping up his household duties. We normally split household chores evenly but he has been cooking more, cleaning more, learning how to do laundry (he may be 30 but it's never too late!), he's cleaned toilets, scrubbed bathtubs, and has been super diligent on scooping kitty litter. I couldn't believe it but now I totally get it. He MUST be nesting. Awwwww..so cute. <3

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think mine is nesting too. He definitely doesn't clean though. He says he will, he offered, cuz he doesn't want me to clean BUT he must think I normally only clean once a month? Just doesn't cut it for me. 

BUT he does want to finish the nursery a lot quicker than I do! If it were up to him, it would have been done in August. Then I would be stuck dusting and cleaning it every week lol. 

I think my nesting craze, with buying new furniture for the nursery, then for our bedroom and living room has kind of sparked it in him. He was kind of iffy about it at first like, do we really need this? Now though, he is all for it. Got a new computer desk last night and he stayed up til 11 setting it all up. Today he wants to go to best buy cuz apparently the monitor needs an upgrade too LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep.  DH decided that the flooring in the nursery (where all three kids will eventually be) had to be re-done before the twins arrive, no other option.  It's carpet that came with the house but still.  He's also decided that our room will be getting new flooring too.  He's been obsessed with cleaning out the garage and getting the back yard more kid-friendly (putting in irrigation and replacing the large dirt areas with grass).  This is all stuff he would have eventually done but it seems like the impending arrival of the twins has pushed him into overdrive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Crap, I wish!!! That's been me every day and my H has been helpful but definitely not taking on his own organization projects. His desk is always a disaster and I told him it's next on my hit list. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes!!! Mainly yard work (cleaning out flower beds... he even cut down a tree that was in front of baby's window.) he says he has to get rid of any places someone could hide hahaha!!!

and I came home the other day and he had drug everything out of our coat closet!  
  • Holy smokes. You are one lucky gal. Your husband sounds amazing.  
  • Yep, I can totally relate! My husband has been reorganizing the kitchen, has already completely organized the garage and storage room and has been working almost every free evening that he has on getting shelves painted that need to get put up after all our basement renovations we did last month. He's amazing!! 
  • @ashanne88 Your DH sounds exactly like my DH right now! He decided the nursery absolutely needed hardwood floors and randomly tore out all the carpeting one afternoon. He's also focused on finishing little projects around the house. I'm currently trying to talk him out of a full kitchen remodel before the baby is born. 

DH says my nesting causes his nesting. The difference is I get frustrated or exhausted and I don't typically finish my projects. DH is a man on a mission though. Thank god. 
  • All of your stories are making me jealous. My husband doesn't do much of anything unless asked and even then gets snarky. Uhh I cant do it all sweetie. Work full time, Take care of 2 kids (soon 3), cook, clean the house etc. To say I am overwhelmed would be an understatement. The only chore hubby does regularly is the dishes. (we take turns) But, he does it at his convenience. So the dishes may sit for a few days before he even gets to them. On the VERY and I mean VERY rare occasion he will sweep without asking. Sorry this turned into a rant!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ^^ and to add, I have been trying to get my husband to clean the basement. (its become the collect all) We wont use the basement for anything baby related and I only go down there for laundry but I am TIRED of seeing the clutter (hes pretty lazy about putting things back so he'll just throw it down there)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Exactly the opposite in our house. We had to rearrange where everyone's bedroom is because technically we live in a two bedroom. So my husband and I moved down to the basement (which is nice because it's cooler down there right now. There's heat we can turn on for winter though) and my twins got our old room. This way the little guy gets their old room and it will be just the right size for him until the teenagers go off to college. Anyway I had to get him motivated to do any part of it this past weekend. It felt like pulling teeth to get him to make any decision and he started fights so he wouldn't have to do anything. Thank god my kids helped me get our bed downstairs. Really the only things he did were assemble our portable closets and hook up the electronics which I could have done both. Anyway I wish my hubby would get into nesting mode. But that probably won't happen lol.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I sent a screen shot of my pregnancy app to DH today that was like "6 months! 13 weeks left" and was like "shit is real. Come home and put together the crib" and I'm pretty sure he thought I was kidding. I'd do it myself but it was such a big deal for him to put DD's crib up that I don't wanna take that stuff from him butttttt I need him to light a fire under his butt and start getting stuff done!
  • My husband grew up in a house full of women. If I'm huffing and puffing while doing 10 things at once he gets it and helps. If not, I will tell him he needs to step it up! Then he usually pouts for a minute and then will help out.

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • My husband form of nesting is becoming super obsessed with this stuffed animal, contacting the company and paying loads of money to import their last one left from Canada... https://www.monsterfactory.net/louie/

lol is all I can say 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure if this was nesting or just because he missed me and wanted to make me smile, but DD and I went to visit my parents this past week for several days and when I came back, DH had cleaned the entire downstairs including our bedroom which is usually a total pigsty because he's always leaving his clothes on the floor! Seriously, guys - my bedroom is cleaner than it's been since we moved in.  He also did some major decluttering in the kitchen that I've been meaning to do for a longggg time and just hadn't gotten around to.  And he cleaned out the fridge. And scrubbed the microwave. All without me asking.  

I don't know what aliens abducted him when I was gone but I could SO get used to this!
  • DH was mr nest with the last one this one it's been a rough month or two we did clean a room in the basement that will become the guest room but that's cause of some water. 
  • hayhay87 said:
    My husband form of nesting is becoming super obsessed with this stuffed animal, contacting the company and paying loads of money to import their last one left from Canada... https://www.monsterfactory.net/louie/

lol is all I can say 
    lol what? My DH is obsessed with this pikachu stuffed animal he won at the fair last month. He puts it by my belly sometimes. He got a bit sad though when he noticed it's for ages 3 and up lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We can't nest since we're out of our house right now, but now that I have a huge baby bump H tries to not let me do anything strenuous--carrying up laundry, groceries, etc. (I asked him why now and not earlier in my pregnancy and he said it wasn't real until the bump came... hmm, okay... i'll take what I can get). I feel bad because I don't mind doing these things (we each have our own household chores, but I guess technically he doesn't have any currently since we aren't at our house), but I secretly hope this continues. I have my huge list of nesting for the baby that needs to happen when we move home and he promised me it will happen ASAP. 
  • Yes, he tiled the basement laundry room floor and is looking at laminate for the family room.  He finished the nursery weeks ago and has talked about all the stuff he needs to take to the dump to organize the place.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My husband decided we need a new washer and dryer last night....so guess what we're picking up tonight! His version of nesting is so much more expensive than mine!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • So I can't get my DH to paint the nursery but he's suddenly decided he needs to add a 100+ sq ft addition onto our house. SMH. 
  • @hayhay87 Glad my DH isn't the only one getting so attached to stuffed animals! We are doing a Forrest themed nursery and we now have a large bear, a moose, and a raccoon big enough that baby could probably ride it until he's 2! And every time we go to the store he seems to find another one. With all these stuffed animals, he needs to finish the toy box!