April 2016 Moms
Options

Talk to me about wipes...

So Target went and redesigned their wipes and they have gone from perfect to rash-inducing. I am going to have to try some new ones to find our new "goldilocks" wipe, so I would love some input.

Some questions... Feel free to not answer all of them.

Which wipes do you use/like?
Are they very wet, or just moist? Do they dry out easily?
Do they have a texture, or are they smooth?
Are they thick or thin?
Do they ever tear, or stay in one piece?
How large are they? How many do you use in a diaper change?

Ideally, I am looking for a textured wipe that is not too wet and doesn't tear, but if you have rave recommendations for something else, I am keeping an open mind.
kids with flags

Re: Talk to me about wipes...

• Options
    We use Costco brand wipes. They are not textured though. I like them because they aren't too wet & they are larger than other wipes we tried. I use 2 wipes usually for a change. Unless it's a blow out then probably 3. 
  • Options
    We use the honest company. They're pricey but they're good. They're not too wet, thick and textured. I use one for pee and really, it obviously depends on the level of poo.

I had been using the Target wipes as well but agree they've become not so great. We have a few packs leftover from a case I bought a few months ago. I've been avoiding using them until I run out of THC brand. lol Huggies one and done are a close second. I do not like the pamper, bru brand or walmart brand so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Pampers brand. I can do the diaper change in 2 wipes and they don't tear
  • Options
    I use The Honest Company wipes for LO.  We've had no problems with them yet, they have a nice thickness too them and aren't too wet (as mentioned by a previous responder).  I also use 1 wipe for pee and for a poo it depends on how messy it is.  It's the only brand I've used so I have no other comparisons to offer.  They are a bit pricey compared to some others out there but I think they're worth it.  
  • Options
    Pampers sensitive, they're very soft and the perfect amount of moisture. Everybody in my family has sensitive skin, and we buy these online in bulk and keep them in every bathroom with no problem for adults or baby.
  • Options
    Pampers sensitive, they're very soft and the perfect amount of moisture. Everybody in my family has sensitive skin, and we buy these online in bulk and keep them in every bathroom with no problem for adults or baby.
    I also like use Pampers Sensitive. Very mild scent, great thickness and texture. I find the ones towards the bottom of the pack to be a bit wetter. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pampers sensitive all the way. They are thick but not textured. I usually use 2 for a poop diaper. They are moist but not too wet but they do dry out easily so you have to make sure they are sealed well. I've never had one tear. My LO has sensitive skin and these have never caused a rash. 
  • Options
    We use Huggies from Costco - so far the best deal i've found so far. Not too moist. A bit textured. I think my wipe warmer dries them out tho...sometimes they are soaking or just dried out when I get them from the warmer. I like the Honest brand, but too expensive. 
  • Options
    We use Huggies from Costco - so far the best deal i've found so far. Not too moist. A bit textured. I think my wipe warmer dries them out tho...sometimes they are soaking or just dried out when I get them from the warmer. I like the Honest brand, but too expensive. 
    Do you add water to the warmer? My has a little piece that slides out and you're suppose to fill it with that amount of water and pour over the wipes when they're refilled.
  • Options
    Pampers Sensitive all the way! I also love The Honest Company, but price-wise Pampers is the winner.

They are are just moist - not too wet. Huggies are WAY too wet for me. 

They aren't textured. 

Not obnoxiously thick like Huggies, but not too thin either. 

Zero tearing (another point against Huggies).

Size - not as large as Honest, but pretty standard. 

I usually use 2 for a poopy change. 
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    Do you add water to the warmer? My has a little piece that slides out and you're suppose to fill it with that amount of water and pour over the wipes when they're refilled.
    No I don't think we are suppose to. DH bought it but he never told me it needed to be added. Sometimes they are wet like crazy (no water being added) and other times they start to dry out. Really weird! I'm going to have to research that brand and see whats up. 
  • Options
    I cloth diaper and just use wet washcloths sorry I'm not much help on this front...
  • Options
    My vote is for Pampers Sensitive as well.
    If you're in a pinch, Parents Choice (WalMart) isn't bad either. Not too wet, but kind of small in comparison to others that I've used.
  • Options
    I love costco's. I hate their diapers, but I've tried several different types of wipes and the Kirkland ones are like cloth. They are extremely sturdy. They are not textured, but they don't need to be. They cleaned off his sticky poo sooooo well!! Plus they are good on his extra sensitive skin. And if you don't like them, you return them for a full refund.
  • Options
    My goodness..... sometimes I use like 5-6 wipes for a poop diaper. I need to work on my wiping game!
  • Options
    Cloth diapers so maybe not much help, but cloth wipes are amazing! One side is terry and the other is soft flannel. I usually use 2 for a dirty diaper, one dry to get the bulk off, and a second one that I use plain water on to get everything clean. I keep some wet in a disposable wipe box and simply add water as needed if they start to dry out too much. 

• Options
    Costco  (Kirkland) wipes all the way. I've had to resort to huggies or pampers when I couldn't make it to Costco before I ran out and I swore every time I used them. The others seem to stick together when pulling out of the bag and they tear easily and ultimately end up using more than when I use the Kirkland wipes. 
  • Options
    ejled said:
    My goodness..... sometimes I use like 5-6 wipes for a poop diaper. I need to work on my wiping game!
    Definitely depends on the severity of the poo but I get most of it off with the diaper. I usually use 1-2 to clean everything and then an extra one to make sure to get all of her crevices. 
  • Options
    ejled said:
    Same. 
  • Options
    I cloth diaper and just use wet washcloths sorry I'm not much help on this front...
    We use cloth wipes at home! They're flannel on one side and terry on the other. I much prefer them over any disposable. We do use disposables when we go out, though, because they are so much more compact. 
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    I love costco's. I hate their diapers, but I've tried several different types of wipes and the Kirkland ones are like cloth. They are extremely sturdy. They are not textured, but they don't need to be. They cleaned off his sticky poo sooooo well!! Plus they are good on his extra sensitive skin. And if you don't like them, you return them for a full refund.
    This! I love the Costco wipes but also hated their diapers (soo many blowouts and they didn't absorp anything). There wipes are super amazing! 
  • Options
    Noooo! We love target wipes over here! When did they change?
  • Options
    We use cloth wipes at home! They're flannel on one side and terry on the other. I much prefer them over any disposable. We do use disposables when we go out, though, because they are so much more compact. 
    I wrap each insert in a washcloth when we go out

@randilea0110 I wipe as much off as I can with the insert itself.
  • Options
    I liked the Amazon brand ones but I don't remember all the details since I have been trying other brands lately. I don't recommend Babyganics though. They are too moist and too small and aren't textured. They also don't stick together enough so I can't get them out of the wipe warmer.
  • Options
    I agree with Costco. We like their wipes best - large, cloth like, and no weird scent. 

Surprised at the comments about costco diapers - those suckers hold a TON of pee overnight
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know Publix grocery store isn't in all states, but their store brand wipes are my favorite by far. They are slightly textured, very soft, and just the right moistness.

Seventh Generation is my second choice.
  • Options
    The wal mart brand... is the worst. I like the pampers the best and Huggies are ok. I am luckily still surviving off shower gifts and haven't had to actually buy any yet.
  • Options
    We love the Water Wipes - never tear, nice and wet without being sopping, big enough, and mostly water!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know Publix grocery store isn't in all states, but their store brand wipes are my favorite by far. They are slightly textured, very soft, and just the right moistness.

Seventh Generation is my second choice.
    Ugh, I wish we had a Publix here. I used their wipes when we visited Florida, and they were truly great.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    I use Costco wipes too, we were using Pampers Sensitive and I still have several more packages left but they're a bit slimy IMO. 
  • Options
    In case anyone is wondering, I was at a friend's house and it looks like CVS brand are the same as the "old" Target wipes. I am waiting till I run out of the garbage new Target ones and then I will price out CVS.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    We use Honest Co. Wipes and love them. They are moist and not too wet, unscented, and made of medical-grade cloth thus very soft. We also use their diapers, and my son has never had a bum rash (I don't apply any type of paste or balm with diaper changes).
  • Options
    I know!!!! I hate the new wipes and the old ones were totally perfect!! I'm so bummed
  • Options
    We have tried everything just about. We like Water wipes the best. No texture unfortunately, but they don't give rashes to any of us(we use them too) and they are a bit in the small side, but they are better at cleaning than the Pampers sensitive and no smell. The Pampers still have a smell I think, but only if you sniff the wipe really. I feel the pampers also just moved the mess around too. We do wish the price was better on the water wipes, but since they work so well we keep getting them. 
    I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!
  • Options
    ribride07 said:
    We have tried everything just about. We like Water wipes the best. No texture unfortunately, but they don't give rashes to any of us(we use them too) and they are a bit in the small side, but they are better at cleaning than the Pampers sensitive and no smell. The Pampers still have a smell I think, but only if you sniff the wipe really. I feel the pampers also just moved the mess around too. We do wish the price was better on the water wipes, but since they work so well we keep getting them. 
    as far as being more economical, you could always get a spray bottle and some viva paper towels. Just cut the roll in half and spray the towel as you go.

• Options
    yodiggity said:
    ribride07 said:
    as far as being more economical, you could always get a spray bottle and some viva paper towels. Just cut the roll in half and spray the towel as you go.

We typically use cloth wipes and spray them as we go (or directly spray DS's butt before wiping; he doesn't care and it actually cleans much better!). It works excellently well and we save so much money on wipes!