January 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 10/19

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. (stole from Tuesday)
BabyGaga
DS1 - 03/31/2006
DS2 - 12/31/2008
DS3 - 06/26/2012
DS4 - 08/07/2014

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 10/19

• What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 
    28 weeks I think that makes me officially 3rd trimester?! Crazy to think that some of us are in the final stretch! 
    Trying to get the shower stuff planned, seeing as it's less than 2wks away!
    No real complaints this week, feeling pretty good :)

Tomorrow! Yucky glucose test...so ready for it to be over!
     GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. (stole from Tuesday)
    We are actually not doing anything this time around...haven't done classes or hired a doula since baby number 3 lol
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
    Had an ultrasound yesterday and they said he's about 3 pounds 2 ounces. His femur is measuring at exactly where he should be. I'm 29 weeks!

Getting baby showers set up. I had a friend and my sister offer to throw one for me. My sister really wanted to do one and so did my friend so I made a friends one and family one. Wow is that ever crazy! I'm doing most of the set up for the friends shower. My sister missed her calling as a party planner though! She is really good at doing this stuff even on a budget!
    So tired from lack of sleep. I wake up almost every hour it seems like.

November 1st. We have started the very two week appointments. Oh and I found out that November 15th and on I get ultrasounds and appointments every week due to having type 2 diabetes. So more pics of baby toward the end!
    Taking a class on November 5th to refresh since it has been 14 years since I had a baby. Mostly want the tour of labor and delivery ward and nursery!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? I'm 28 weeks and baby is starting to push my ribs. She's such an active little thing!

we have grand plans to really get going on cleaning out the room that will be the nursery. Now that's DDs bday is over, I'll be focusing more on that. 

no change in my pelvic pain. Grrr. I'm excited though that my friend has offered up throw me a sprinkle. I didn't think I would have one so it's s nice surprise. 

I just had an appt this morning and my glucose test. I'll be doing every two weeks now. For some reason I thought that didn't start until much later!

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. (stole from Tuesday) nothing formal this time around. I will tour the birthplace I will delivering at since it is a different hospital. I'll brush up on some of my material from the class I took last time around- birthing positions, breathing and just the whole process in general. 
    Well according to one of my apps we've hit the 2nd viability milestone!  27 weeks today.  Cannot believe one week left until 3rd tri! 

I feel like we've done a lot!  We met with our doula on Monday and talked about a bunch of stuff, then that evening we had a meeting with a potential pediatrician that we absolutely LOVED so we've got that marked off the list too!  Also my parents came to town this past weekend (hadn't seen them since being pregnant) and they took me shopping for a bunch of maternity and baby clothes.  Kind of a happy pregnancy/belated birthday gift. It was so great to see them!  

I feel like my heartburn is starting to get worse.  I'm feeling it during the day sometimes now.  Otherwise I've been feeling pretty good.  

Next Monday- glucose test.  Blech.

We plan on starting a class at the place I've been doing prenatal yoga probably in November.  Might even do the breastfeeding one.  We did hire a doula and we are very excited about that.  I think it kinda eases both our minds that we will have someone in there that kinda knows what to expect.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    I'm 26 weeks, but I feel like I'm 36. Baby is kicking up a storm under my ribs. 

My mom came and helped me clean out the guest room that will be turned into the playroom. I also got the changing table set up in the corner of our bedroom. It'll make late-night diaper changes easier. 

I feel super bloated and big today. I also have caught the hubby's cold. I have been really hoarse (like barely audible gravely whisper speaking) since Saturday. I'm a teacher and got observed today when I can barely talk and was trying to save my voice for only necessary instruction. So, they was awesome. I also have started a dry cough. I just had husband stop by to get the only cough syrup I'm allowed on my approved list in his way home. I hope it works. I need sleep! I didn't get much the last 2 nights. 

I have an OBGYN appointment on Tuesday and an ultrasound scheduled for Nov. 4.

Nothing. I'm a second time c-section mom, so there's no need. I probably should take a breast feeding class. I wasn't able to continue breastfeeding last time, but maybe I can during my maternity leave this time at least. 
  • What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 29 weeks! Baby is turned around facing my back, so it's a lot more subtle to feel his kicks unless he makes contact with a rib or my bladder. I wish he would turn back around!

We bought the rest of his furniture and décor. Now I just need to assemble an IKEA dresser!

This week's main complaint is hip and back pain. I have a lot of pressure on my tailbone, and laying down at night makes my hips ache like crazy. I have taken to toting a pillow everywhere I go to alleviate some of the discomfort. Also, I keep getting this weird pain in my back ribs, like a fist. Wondering if he's pushing or displacing something since he's facing that direction? I feel like a kidney or something is just going to fall out back there. 

Next Tuesday, it will be 30 weeks! 3/4 there!

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. (stole from Tuesday) We took a hospital birth class this past weekend, and I was quite disappointed. It was a $75 fee and the curriculum they used was comically dated. At the latest, the videos had to be from 2000? The first four hours were like a remedial sex ED with a nurse who pretty clearly favored epidurals and thought unmediated birth was a nuisance to deal with. Luckily the second half of the day was with a doula who actually taught some birthing positions and breathing techniques.
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    edited October 2016
    I feel like Wednesdays are ALWAYS so crazy I forget to do my ticker change post :(  

What's new with your little babe this week?  
    How many weeks are you?  26 weeks, she's definitely kicking stronger now!  eta.. she has also started kicking my bladder!! Nice development haha

Still working on painting her dresser I will go look at handles to spice it up a little tomorrow I think.  I need to find a changing table and rocker. 

Not much right now.  I have some hip pain at night.  Occasionally when I toss and turn at night the upper part of my uterus feels strained, I think its mostly the days when I have not had enough to drink.  I usually drink extra the next day and don't feel it again for a long time. 

I have our third anatomy scan on Thursday the 27th because she wouldn't cooperate for certain pictures of her heart.  After that normal OB appointment is 11/11. 

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. (stole from Tuesday)  I have to schedule the classes - I should probably make some calls tomorrow. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17