January 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change - 10/18

What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change - 10/18

• Options
    What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 
    28 Weeks, baby is the size of an eggplant

I just got a great deal on baby wipes so I stocked up on that.  Nothing else really this week, I've been starting my Christmas shopping so have been more focused on that.

Getting really annoyed at all the people asking when I'm due and shocked that I still have until Jan.. People.. that's only 12 weeks not 30!.. Also the ones saying I won't make it to Jan because I'm so big.. I've only gained 10lbs, I just happen to carry straight out front.. exactly like I did with my daughter.

November 4th, regular monthly checkup, will be going every 2 weeks after that.

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. Nothing this time, we took a prenatal class last time with DD so I feel confident I don't need another one.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 29 weeks. He's starting to smile this week!

We're basically at a stand still until after the shower. I'm still picking up a pack of wipes or a Diaper Genie refill every time I go grocery shopping though. 

The doctor is slightly disappointed in my "excessively aggressive" weight gain (8lbs in 4 weeks), so I guess I'll cut back on some sweets and carbs. I suppose that's fair. Otherwise I'm having the normal symptoms, in addition to some awful chest pain. I think it's a foot in my diaphragm. Whatever the hell is happening needs to stop. I can't have another sleepless night this week. 

I have an ultrasound 11/8 to follow up on his kidneys and I meet with my doctor 11/19. Then two week appointments start for me!

GTKY:  What kind of birth prep are you doing? Classes? Doula? Etc. We're taking a five class series on Tuesday nights through the hospital. This week the focus is on labor. Next week the focus is postpartum care for you and your newborn. I believe we're also packing hospital bags tonight after our hospital tour/filling out the pre-paperwork. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's new with your little babe this week?  How many weeks are you? 

26 weeks, the size of Kale. 

We're moving into our new house and slowly organizing DSs new big boy room and going through baby stuff. I cried over the weekend going through some clothes and remembering when DS wore them and picturing the new baby in them. 

I've been sleeping a bit more comfortable lately, but the heart burn is getting pretty bad! Also tired of people telling me there's no way I'll make it to my due date and that I seem SO much bigger this second time around. I'm aware, thank you! 

November 2nd for my glucose test and 28 week check up 

I've read a few more books this time around and have been looking into techniques to help me go med free longer than last time if not for the whole labor. I wish we could squeeze in a class or two but with a toddler and work schedules just haven't found anything that works as of now. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    29 weeks, size of an acorn squash.  I'm not too big on squash so I'll take their word that it's bigger than an eggplant.  Pretty sure this little lady is trying to flip herself today though.  She's crazy active and all over the place.  I'm getting jabbed in the ribs and then a few minutes later in the cervix.  

Prepping around the house.  I keep cleaning and reorganizing.  I'm waiting until after the shower on the 29th to assess what we need and buy anything else.  

Still nauseous, still vomiting, still waiting to feel like I can eat whenever.  My birthday was yesterday and I really couldn't think of anywhere I wanted to go out to eat.  This baby already dictates my life!

I got my first hemorrhoid of this pregnancy a few days ago and it's literally the worst.  We have these super tall speed bumps in my work parking lot and it's so bad driving over them.  

10/24 for check up and Rhogam.  Then again in two weeks.  

We are doing a L&D tour, newborn prep class, and childbirth prep class.  I plan to have my mom in the delivery room and she has been a labor nurse for 20 years so no need for a doula when I have my mama.  It's nice having all her work friends at my disposal for my dumb questions too.  One of the greatest resources I've found is just talking to women who have given birth in the last year and getting tips since it's still fresh in their minds.  
  • Options
    amaren-2amaren-2 member
    edited October 2016

baby is the size of a head of lettuce! He is huge and I can feel him just squirming all day. It is cute but a feeling I don't think I will ever get used to.

I had my work shower last week, it was wonderful and such a nice time. I don't mean to complain but it seemed like every other gift I opened was bath towels. lol I only registered for 2 sets but I guess everyone thought that bath stuff was just cute. I will be returning a few things, which I feel bad about, but I only need so many towels. Other than that picked up a few items for the the nursery and need to hang them up. 

So, I don't know what stuff we should go ahead and buy, and what stuff we should wait and allow grandparents to buy us. My mom already mentioned that she wanted to purchase one of the bigger items on our list, she likes to do those big meaningful gifts, and I imagine H's parents will want to do the same thing. But, I am itching (and we have the money) to go ahead and get the big ticket items like the car seat, crib, and dresser. Those are the big items that I want to go ahead and get set up now, and I don't know if I want to wait until my family shower to see if parents will get me those (Mid Nov). I feel so confused.

Next week for the Rhogam shot. Which makes no sense to me, I am Rh Negative, H is Rh Negative, won't baby be Rh Negative? Why do I need a shot!? Google says I don't, but doctor says I do. I questioned the doctor and she said it is still a possibility. I think it is a CYA because while I said H is the father they probably can't be 100% sure and don't want to risk it. If you are Rh Neg they probably give you the shot regardless. 

I am reading a few books, probably will get a few more, probably watch whatever I can find online, and we are taking a child birth class at the hospital. 

• Options
    @AmRe214 it was so hard to wait for the shower with my first and not buy everything ourselves so I could set it up lol. My shower was at 31 weeks last time and the only big thing we had bought ourselves was the crib. The grandparents ended up getting us the stroller, car seat, pack n play, and crib mattress at the shower, so I'm glad we waited. We refurbished a dresser so we already had one or I totally would have gone and bought it myself so I could put away baby clothes as we bought it lol. The nesting kicked in super early with my first and I needed all of his clothes to have a place! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers