January 2017 Moms
Options

For those having a sprinkle

How are you making it different from your shower other than cutting down the guest list?  I have 2 boys (2 and 3) and this baby isa  girl so my mom wants to have a sprinkle.  I suggested we have it at my house or hers and she said she would prefer a restaurant.  I just don't want people to get the invite adn think "Wow what a greedy b!tch having a shower all over again"  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: For those having a sprinkle

• Options
    When my friend had her 3rd we threw her a sprinkle. Same scenario 2 boys and then a girl. We did it at a local restaurant with very few close friends and family. It wasn't fancy and we basically just sat around and talked, but she got a couple gifts and got to spend time with friends/family so it was fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    We already had mine. The guest list was about a quarter of what it was the first time and we did it at my SILs house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My best friend just mentioned she wanted to throw me a sprinkle. I think it will be really small and more casual. It's going be just a few weeks before I'm due. Gifts will most likely be diapers. I feel like showers and sprinkles are a celebration of the baby mostly and it's special to celebrate each new life! Most people are happy to do that. 
  • Options
    laujam31 said:
    How are you making it different from your shower other than cutting down the guest list?  I have 2 boys (2 and 3) and this baby isa  girl so my mom wants to have a sprinkle.  I suggested we have it at my house or hers and she said she would prefer a restaurant.  I just don't want people to get the invite adn think "Wow what a greedy b!tch having a shower all over again"  
    I would say that no one should be invited to a sprinkle who would think that about you. It should truly be only your closest family and friends. I don't think the venue matters as much as just keeping the guest list small and close. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    Honestly, mine is the same as my shower we're just calling it a sprinkle. Guest list is the same size, we're doing it at the country club in the same room, the only difference is we didn't put where we're registered on the invite but everyone so far has asked. I think a lot of it has to do with the culture and demographic of where you're from. No one thinks we're being greedy for having a party to celebrate baby, they would think it strange if we didn't. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know my fam thinks its fine and my mother had mentioned it to a few of her friends but said we'd be keeping it to family only and they were upset and said they wanted to come so clearly she has included them. DH's aunt just asked me if my mom was having one for me she s planning one for her saughter who is on baby #4 (but her youngest is 9)  My mil told me she didn't think it was neccessary to have one and apparently told my sil that and my sil told her that was ridiculous.  But I think my MILS opinion is in my head.  With dh family they are very big but very close.  His 3rd cousin's wife is my best friend.  So if I don't have the other cousins and/or their wives, now I'm playing favorites.  SO at this point I don't see a difference in guest list very much. My mom keeps assuring me that the baby deserves a celebration and I did do a registry but it's all burp cloths and bottles.  THings like that  Nothing is a big ticket item.  I have them all.  I don't know.  Am I worrying too much?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom is throwing me a sprinkle.  She was going to take a few close family members out to dinner and celebrate, but then my other family members found out and wanted to be involved too, so the guest list has grown to about 30 now.  My mom is going to have it at her house now since the guest list has grown.   My family keeps saying that this baby is just a special as my first and deserves a celebration. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I think the reason why you can't find more ways to distinguish it as a different party is because they are essentially the same thing.

'Sprinkles' is just a cutesy title but it's a shower.  Yes they are smaller but they are the same thing. 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Maybe this is what we should do. My mom is insisting on another shower, but I don't want the hassle of having to help her plan it, cause she di everything last minute with my sons. With him, my fiances family threw one after Declan was here. I'm thinking maybe of doing that, waiting til she's here then throwing something small at our place for both families. But my mom wants to do a full on shower and I don't think I want to do that. I've never heard of a sprinkle lol