June 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Options
    I definitely want to try being a working mom, but the more frustrating this job search gets, the more tempting sahm sounds.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Montreal is terrible when it comes to roadwork. They've torn up the street in front of us so many times, I've lost count. They're suppose to warn us when work is going to be done but SURPRISE....7am they unexpectedly started breaking ground right outside our bedroom window...again. Guess that means no naps for me until they're done. Grrrr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So Jackie has been enjoying sitting up assisted and standing assisted. I'm looking for some kind of toy that will work for until she is cruising. I'm torn between a doorway jumper and an exersaucer. I like the jumper because it's cheap and portable and doesn't take up much room, but I'm not sure if it will span the stages I want it to. Thoughts?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    So Jackie has been enjoying sitting up assisted and standing assisted. I'm looking for some kind of toy that will work for until she is cruising. I'm torn between a doorway jumper and an exersaucer. I like the jumper because it's cheap and portable and doesn't take up much room, but I'm not sure if it will span the stages I want it to. Thoughts?
    We couldn't decide between the two so we just bought them both. Lol  :#
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Check how long they are supposed to spend in them.  I think the doorway jumper is recommended for shorter use, but I could be wrong  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Check how long they are supposed to spend in them.  I think the doorway jumper is recommended for shorter use, but I could be wrong  

Any jumper or bouncer where their legs hang down and possibly bear some weight are only recommended for about 15-30 min a day because it messes with hip development they also don't want to encourage leg strength before they are ready.  Baby muscles development from head to toe and that order is vital to proper motor function.  Neck muscles first, then upper body, trunk, waist, and so on.
  • Options
    meggyme said:

Any jumper or bouncer where their legs hang down and possibly bear some weight are only recommended for about 15-30 min a day because it messes with hip development they also don't want to encourage leg strength before they are ready.  Baby muscles development from head to toe and that order is vital to proper motor function.  Neck muscles first, then upper body, trunk, waist, and so on.
    Yup yup! Damien loooves his jumper but we use it sparingly; 10-15min every few days. Same thing with his bouncer thingie, though he still isn't big enough to really bounce in it yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Anyone else care more about what their baby looks like over how you look? I love putting Damien in cute and stylish outfits but when it comes to me...these days I throw on whatever I grab first. Usually jeans, a tshirt, and a hoodie.  :p
  • Options
    Anyone else care more about what their baby looks like over how you look? I love putting Damien in cute and stylish outfits but when it comes to me...hese days I throw on whatever I grab first. Usually jeans, a tshirt, and a hoodie.  :p
    Yep. Definitely this. Sam always looks cute, is washed everyday, hair brushed, cute outfit. Then me. Showers are rare, hair in a bun or ponytail, sweats, sweatshirt. It's sad lol 
  • Options
    I have to say whenever me and the kids leave the house no one is cute when we leave. The kids may start that way but usually have food or snot on them by the time we leave. Getting two kids out the door by myself wasn't too bad, three is a whole new ballgame...
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    I have to say whenever me and the kids leave the house no one is cute when we leave. The kids may start that way but usually have food or snot on them by the time we leave. Getting two kids out the door by myself wasn't too bad, three is a whole new ballgame...
    I can only imagine how challenging that must be! Damien is fine until about 5 minutes into the car or stroller ride, then he randomly spits up all over himself. I always forget to put a bib on him.
  • Options
    Anyone else care more about what their baby looks like over how you look? I love putting Damien in cute and stylish outfits but when it comes to me...these days I throw on whatever I grab first. Usually jeans, a tshirt, and a hoodie.  :p
    I asked my husband to put my phone in his pocket the other day. His response? "Yeah that sucks none of your pants have pockets!" Because I only wear yoga pants these days :D

Savannah on the other hand always looks perfect in an adorable outfit complete with a matching bow or headband... oops!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited October 2016
    Tawny87 said:
    I let me 5 year old and 2 year old pick their own clothes and dress themselves, so some days are better than others :)

doing my my own makeup and getting dressed each day is what keeps me sane, haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I get my baby to bed then I have to shush my cats all night. As soon as I lay down all they want to do is talk to me all night. Thankfully little guy is a pretty good sleeper.
  • Options
    We were invited to a friends' place for dinner with a few other people and since it was kid-friendly, we brought Damien. The moment we walked through the door he started screaming bloody murder. It took him about 15min to calm down. All was fine and dandy until I realized he had been awake for 2hrs and should be put down. This was the first time having an evening out at someone's house so we brought his rnp and set it up in a quiet room. Once we got upstairs, he cried and screamed louder and harder than he ever has before (he wasn't fussing or crying until I brought him upstairs by the way). I have no idea what prompted that level of intensity, it was bad. After 20min of no luck calming him down, I brought him downstairs. He calmed down once he was sitting in front of the tv watching Paw Patrol with my husband. The rest of the evening was fine until we reached the end of the gathering. Same intensity of crying and screaming. We changed him into his pajamas and put him in the carseat. He calmed down when we started gently swinging the carseat. Since it was the end of the evening anyway, we were ready go. He woke up in the car but was perfectly calm the whole way hime. Putting him to bed (with our usual routine) went the same way it usually does and he fell asleep pretty smooth.

Do you think he was so upset because it was a new environment, coupled with being tired? I just felt so bad for the little guy. Everyone was completely understanding and no one there was bothered whatsoever, so my stress-level was surprisingly low during it all.
  • Options
    We were invited to a friends' place for dinner with a few other people and since it was kid-friendly, we brought Damien. The moment we walked through the door he started screaming bloody murder. It took him about 15min to calm down. All was fine and dandy until I realized he had been awake for 2hrs and should be put down. This was the first time having an evening out at someone's house so we brought his rnp and set it up in a quiet room. Once we got upstairs, he cried and screamed louder and harder than he ever has before (he wasn't fussing or crying until I brought him upstairs by the way). I have no idea what prompted that level of intensity, it was bad. After 20min of no luck calming him down, I brought him downstairs. He calmed down once he was sitting in front of the tv watching Paw Patrol with my husband. The rest of the evening was fine until we reached the end of the gathering. Same intensity of crying and screaming. We changed him into his pajamas and put him in the carseat. He calmed down when we started gently swinging the carseat. Since it was the end of the evening anyway, we were ready go. He woke up in the car but was perfectly calm the whole way hime. Putting him to bed (with our usual routine) went the same way it usually does and he fell asleep pretty smooth.

Do you think he was so upset because it was a new environment, coupled with being tired? I just felt so bad for the little guy. Everyone was completely understanding and no one there was bothered whatsoever, so my stress-level was surprisingly low during it all.

This sounds like what happened to us a few weeks ago when we went to dinner at a friend's house. We were there for a little while and DD was fine, then all of a sudden she started screaming inconsolably. We had no idea what was going on, it definitely sounded like a "something is wrong" cry, so heartbreaking. I thought we'd have to leave but DH finally coaxed her to sleep on his chest. (Which is actually unusual, she can't usually fall asleep on us.)
    The episode probably only lasted like 15 minutes (but 15 min of heartbreaking shrieks seems longer) and like you said, when we got home she was fine.
    I still have no idea what happened, I could only think she was over-tired and in an unfamiliar environment.

• Options
    Savannah did something very similar tonight at my moms house, I think it was overstimulation. I wound up swaddling her and feeding her in a dark bedtime.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options

This happened to us last night but at our own house, it was overstimulation. I was worried it was going to happen but it was my SILs birthday party and we had to throw it. I wish a baby could get me out of having to do family get togethers with my in laws. They are so loud but since we did it on a Sunday night people actually left at a reasonable time. 
  • Options
    Day #2 with a congested baby. Boo. Hoping this passes soon because it's awful listening to him trying to breath  :(
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Why am I so tired!? He slept for 11hrs, I should feel well rested since I didn't have any night feedings but here I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I nearly fell asleep laying on his playmat with him. Sheeesh. Someone needs a nap.
  • Options
    Why am I so tired!? He slept for 11hrs, I should feel well rested since I didn't have any night feedings but here I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I nearly fell asleep laying on his playmat with him. Sheeesh. Someone needs a nap.
    I just fell asleep on the couch while she slept on my lap. Mom of the year award over here! :p
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I just fell asleep on the couch while she slept on my lap. Mom of the year award over here! :p

Right?! I've been feeling more tired now that I get more sleep.
  • Options

Right?! I've been feeling more tired now that I get more sleep.
    Well I am definitely not getting more sleep... the 4 month regression has hit Savannah hard :(
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I only got up once with my baby last night, then my work called me at 6 am. Why?!?!?!
  • Options
    This is completely random I know, but I wanted to say to every mom here, you are dong a great job! You are good parents choosing the best for your kids, and you should be proud of yourself. 

I have been been reminded of how judgmental other parents can be of each other, and I have been the recent recipient of a lot of judgment, gossip, and criticism for the choices I'm making with my kids. Every one of us deserves credit for doing what we think is best. Virtual hugs to you all!! 
    I'm sorry to hear that people are being petty, that's so annoying!

I'm in the inner patient's waiting room for a breast exam and a woman is complaining to another about "that baby's low whine" in the outside waiting room, and why didn't "that grandmother" go take the baby for a walk.
    They're talking about my mom & daughter right in front of me! Are they idiots? I'm looking forward to the awkward moment when she realizes...
    And btw my mom can't stray too far bc I may have to feed DD... who, by the way is so quiet, most people laugh at her fussing bc it's so minimal. I just checked on them and she is asleep...
  • Options
    Lizbeth86 said:
    This is completely random I know, but I wanted to say to every mom here, you are dong a great job! You are good parents choosing the best for your kids, and you should be proud of yourself. 

I have been been reminded of how judgmental other parents can be of each other, and I have been the recent recipient of a lot of judgment, gossip, and criticism for the choices I'm making with my kids. Every one of us deserves credit for doing what we think is best. Virtual hugs to you all!! 

I'm in the inner patient's waiting room for a breast exam and a woman is complaining to another about "that baby's low whine" in the outside waiting room, and why didn't "that grandmother" go take the baby for a walk.
    They're talking about my mom & daughter right in front of me! Are they idiots? I'm looking forward to the awkward moment when she realizes...
    And btw my mom can't stray too far bc I may have to feed DD... who, by the way is so quiet, most people laugh at her fussing bc it's so minimal. I just checked on them and she is asleep...

So annoying. I would have been like "oh sorry, I asked my mom to gag her but I must have not out it in the bag for her"  but I've got an attitude for people like that.
  • Options
    Lizbeth86 said:

So annoying. I would have been like "oh sorry, I asked my mom to gag her but I must have not out it in the bag for her"  but I've got an attitude for people like that.
    Some people have such a low threshold when it comes to babies making noises. I do my best to ignore people like that but it can definitely be hard. I'm nervous about flying on Saturday for that reason. At the same time though, it's a baby...babies make noise, it's how they communicate! It would be nice if people would be a bit more understanding.
  • Options
    I just told my mom the story and she said she did take her for a little walk when she started fussing, so this woman's threshold must be really low. Oh well, sadder to go through life as her I guess...
  • Options
    Ugh what a night.  Preston woke from his last nap at 3:15 and I've been trying to get him down since like 4:30.  We tried a car ride and a walk and nothing worked so we came home and got him ready for bed.  After he ate he was so overtired, he just cried in my arms for like 10 min then finally calmed down enough where I could set him in the crib to let him fall asleep.  Hopefully he sleeps well through the night but since overtired babies tend to wake more, I'm not getting my hopes up...
  • Options
    I'm in a Breastfeeding Support Facebook group and someone just referred to their child as being 38 months... Seriously?!?! She is 3. Why can't you just say 3?
    Lol. Agreed!  I only say 18 weeks on here, otherwise I say 4.5 months. 
  • Options
    I'm in a Breastfeeding Support Facebook group and someone just referred to their child as being 38 months... Seriously?!?! She is 3. Why can't you just say 3?
    That's hilarious!!!! Next time someone asks how old my girls are I am going to say 36 months lol!
  • Options
    Ugh what a night.  Preston woke from his last nap at 3:15 and I've been trying to get him down since like 4:30.  We tried a car ride and a walk and nothing worked so we came home and got him ready for bed.  After he ate he was so overtired, he just cried in my arms for like 10 min then finally calmed down enough where I could set him in the crib to let him fall asleep.  Hopefully he sleeps well through the night but since overtired babies tend to wake more, I'm not getting my hopes up...
    Did Preston go to bed easier tonight? Did he sleep through the night last night depite being overtired?
  • Options
    Miles just peed through his diaper (@ 3 am! Seriously I must have failed at putting this thing on tonight) so I had to wake the guy up to change his pjs. Normally he never wakes up fully to eat at night, so I was freaking terrified that this meant we were basically up now until who knows how long. But seriously, changed the guy, gave him 2 minutes of cuddles while he cooed, put him down where he looked around and kicked for 3 minutes, then just turned his head and passed out! I'm shocked. Wish putting him down the first time was this easy
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    Also, if you want to follow a cool story, I have been creepy around on other BMBs as well and March 17 has a mom of quads! So crazy!
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    Did Preston go to bed easier tonight? Did he sleep through the night last night depite being overtired?

He woke at like 11:30 for like two minutes but DH was able to "sush" him down right away.  Last night he was also super tired cause he had his shots and we were pushing 3 hours of being awake cause we had a quick trip to make at 7 and he normally is in bed by 7:30ish.  He was so sleepy he passed out while eating.  Even though my sleep consultant said that's a no no, I didn't wake him cause I knew he was tired andbi figured one night wouldn't hurt.  Lucky for me he stayed asleep and o ly woke at 5:45 for a feeding (which is when I wake up for the day anyway)
  • Options
    Also, if you want to follow a cool story, I have been creepy around on other BMBs as well and March 17 has a mom of quads! So crazy!
    Oh. My. God.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20