Pregnant after IF

Randoms - Week of October 17th

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
TTC since April 2013
Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
IVF round 1: January 2016
ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
EDD: January 27, 2017
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Randoms - Week of October 17th

• mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited October 2016
    My random for the week . I'm having so many people ask me "are you pregnant ? " at 35 weeks and being enormous I'm like what kind of question is that ?! Of course I'm pregnant . And if there was any question in people's minds about whether I'm pregnant or just fat why would they ask that question in case I wasn't pregnant ?! That would be awkward . Sorry for the rant ... I got asked if I was pregnant three times today . THREE . 

One man man who asked then goes "is it a girl ? " and I said no and he goes "oh darn ! " people are so weird !! 

Im also still getting "you don't look like you are 8 months pregnant ... You look more like 5 " first of all , there is no way I look 5 months . I very much feel 8 months . and second of all there is no way anyone is "supposed " to look . We are all different . 

I hope that post partum people keep their thoughts about my body to themselves . I'm sick of it being a topic of conversation . 

Sorry . Rant over . :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan Lol, that is too funny! I never understood why people think it is appropriate to ask women if they're pregnant. I can't think of a way mens bodies get scrutinized like womens do. Not cool. And if anyone does say anything after you give birth, especially a man, let them know that you just grew a human and they have no business saying anything about your body!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • At what point should I worry when I don't feel my LO moving around as much? I've had days with less activity in the past but I guess the last few weeks I got used to constant movement. Yesterday and this morning I'm not feeling him as much. My husband thinks I worry for nothing but I can't help myself. Anyone else can share similar experiences? 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Has anyone else had the prenatal screening blood test done for chromosomal abnormalities, although you also did PGD? My Ob says it's because PGD is not really 100% sure yet. I was surprised because I thought it was kind of done and dusted with PGD and we didn't have to worry about any chromosomal defects because we tested. Just wanted to see if anyone else has also been recommended to do this? Thanks 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Tulips29 - I was wondering the same thing a week or so ago. Something completely switched over the weekend though and I feel him move almost all day long. I think I remember people saying if you go for more than a day, you should definitely call... But you know your body better than anyone. If you are worried, call your doctor and see what they say. 
    @mskeenan - it's like people lose all common sense when they look at a pregnant lady. I find that its usually older folks without the filter so I try not to take things too personally. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 thanks for your feedback. I'm still feeling him pretty low but recently started to feel kicks higher up by my belly button. They aren't as frequent though. I also read that if no movement occurs for 12-24 hours after week 26 to call the doc. I'm still feeling him but he's not as active between yesterday and today. I'm also waiting for that switch when I'll feel constant movement. Guess I'm just not there yet. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @mskeenan I agree, it is so weird/annoying how prego bodies become public property. I've said something about being pregnant and had people say "oh, okay, you are, I wanted to ask but didn't want to be rude." That one kind of makes me laugh, but I think that @Tulips29 picture is spot on! Especially since after you give birth you can just look like you are a few months along since you don't lose all the belly at once. I will say that on Saturday I had a couple of moms of infants ask how far along I was and when I told them, they were just like "Whoa, no way, you look amazing!" I think we are more aware of our body changes because we see ourselves everyday, so even the smallest baby blump, or stretch mark, or swollen foot is like "ACK! Look at me!" while everyone else barely notices. Try to accept the comments that you don't look that far along as a compliment, but I know it's hard to feel that everyone is allowed to say stuff. Hugs! and just remember you are beautiful, and being the most useful you've ever been, and growing a human is hard!

@Tulips29 I think that starting in 3rd trimester (or thereabouts) you are supposed to feel 10 movements every hour or two, and then if you don't to call your doc. I might be a little off on my numbers, but don't be afraid to call your doc/doula/midwife/etc, that's what they are there for! But drinking cold milk and laying on your left side is supposed to encourage baby to move because of the coldness and the sugar in milk. I still feel Wee Boy pretty low most of the time, but he's definitely starting to move around because he'll kick behind my belly button more often than he used to before. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie yea I'm hoping the switch will happen suddenly like that. I have noticed movement when I lay in bed on my left side so I'll try that some more. Maybe I'll eat cereal with cold milk for lunch too to encourage the movement :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @flanners1 I did the chromosome blood screen even though my embryo was PGS tested. My RE was insistent actually that I take all pre-natal testing offered to me as the PGS she said was only 95%. 

@Tulips29 How far along are you? I'm early in this pregnancy, but have a 2 year old DS. I would do kick counts if I didn't feel movement just to reassure myself. Sometimes just having a cold drink and sitting still/laying down made me more aware than when I was going about my day to day activities. I did have my son pre-maturely and experienced barely any movement the 24-48 hours before I gave birth... little did I know I was in labor. If you are stressed definitely call your nurses line and see what they say. It's their job to listen to us and ease our anxiety. Best to you!
  • @BornReady thank you! I'm 26w2d. I agree with you on feeling more when laying/sitting still as I become more aware of the movements. I got a few solid nudges after I posted my last comment, so I'm starting to relax a bit :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Ive been told if you worry, you call @tulips29
    I had a worry at 24 weeks and ignored it as I was meeting my midwife a few days later. She told me not to do that again as we should feel our little ones and we know when something has changed.
    I again had one at 25 weeks. After laying down on left side, drinking cold cold and no movement I called and they had me over for a CTG. Here they'll ask if you did the lying down bit as it's a good test.
    Now at 36 weeks I don't feel my LO at all so am in for a CTG every other day.
    Everytime I went it was ok, never have I been told 'why are you here all is well'. Everytime they said, good you called all is well and 9 out of 10 times we are sending mummies to be home with the 'all is fine' and we are happy to do so. Should you worry again, call. 
    So I recommend, if you don't trust it, call! Only you know if something is different/off

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @flanners1 When my OB found out we had done PGS, she said "oh, then you probably don't want any of the genetic testing" which was true for us. A couple months later, the OB confirmed with us that we didn't want to do anything extra, but they didn't push us since PGS is so accurate. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @flanners1 we did a blood test after the PGS, but it was a follow up to the study we did... Others wise I don't think we would have done any. 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @Tulips29 I know the feeling about kicking. With the twins it is hard to know which one is kicking i feel kicks but I always wonder if it is from one of them only. Luckily tomorrow I go to my ob. 
  • Thank you @aanddm2014 @tulips29 @griffin5413 @dragonfaerie . @tulips29 that pic is so spot on ! Lol . Today someone walks by me and goes "girl you look ready to pop" I just decided to laugh it off . At least they were sure I was pregnant haha ! 

@tulips29 I had a similar concern around week 28 I wanna say ? There were a few weeks I just didn't feel much movement  . I would wake up in the middle of the night freaked that my baby hadn't been moving .  I asked my doc and she for some reason wasn't really worried and didn't tell me to do kick counts . She said as they run out of room their movement can slow . Well now my babe is moving so much that theory doesn't make sense . 
    Can't hurt to ask your care provider 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @flanners1 we got "pushed" into doing the harmony test despite PGS testing....the ob kept saying PGS isn't 100%, and I pointed out neither is the harmony test lol test confirmed normal chromosomes and sex (girl!) it was free due to my age, but I didn't think it was necessary
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Thanks ladies! I'll definitely ask my OB at the next appointment. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Thanks everyone. I guess I'll go with the testing, but will not allow it to make me nervous and use it as excuse to find out the sex! 
    Trying for nr 2

• So the OB measured me today and said I'm at 31 weeks but I will be 28 weeks tomorrow is this normal? 
  • @ultratomato I'm not sure but I have heard  that with twins you measure ahead . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• I'm so over being asked "when are you due?". I legit get asked this at least 1-2/day. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @ultratomato I also heard that regarding twins. Did the doctor explain why he said 31 weeks? Is your due date based on an earlier delivery time due to multiple (perhaps this was the reason for 31 vs 28)?

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I posted this in the 1st tri check-in but I think posting here makes more sense so that I can reach those of you who are further along in your pregnancies!

Is anyone using a midwife and/or familiar with midwifery? I'm considering joining a practice that has both OBs and midwives on staff (rather than sticking with my current OB who doesn't work with midwives) and was just curious about y'alls experiences!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 My ob practice has three midwives and four doctors. I've talked to a couple of people who used the same practice and actually delivered with the midwives. They really liked them! The ob I met with last week if the midwives are on duty when I go into labor that there is always an ob in the building or on call close by. 
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • I only see a midwife @wifeinraleigh28.
    Both when I was in Norway as well as now when I'm back in the Netherlands.
    We also deliver our babies with just a midwife, and here in NL we deliver our babies at home with just a midwife.
    But as this is how we do it down here, I know I'm in good hands and don't question it. 
    I'm very pleased with the care I get.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @wifeinraleigh28 I am at a practice where I see two different OBs and two nurse midwives . I love it . I'm not assigned to one care provider - they just make sure I see them all roughly equally throughout the pregnancy so that whoever is on call when I go into labor I will be familiar with . The midwives have rights in the hospital - the only thing they wouldn't be able to do is a c section obviously if that were emergent . The practice I go to is so much more relaxed than previous OB offices I have been to that don't have midwives . My appointments are long - sometimes as long as my RE appointments were so I still feel spoiled :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @clt2pwm11 @tvh1982 @mskeenan Thank you all for your input! I actually set up an appointment with the office I was talking about and my first appointment (scheduled for 11/2) will be with one of the midwives. The lady on the phone said I would be seeing the midwives and the OBs on rotation. I'm hoping I get a good vibe because I've heard really good things about the hospital they are affiliated with (which is located just next door to their office)... it is a brand new, beautiful women's hospital that is only about a 10 minute drive from my house. I'm hoping I will get more personalized care at this office than I would at my current OB. Since this is my first pregnancy I have no point of reference though. It's all so overwhelming!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • I need to schedule my hospital tour. I do know that there will be private rooms for labor/delivery/recovery and that there are the tubs, squat bars, balls, etc. for laboring however you are most comfortable. They also offer nitrous as an alternative to getting an epidural. Plus they have an extra bed for DH in the room. My OB is right next door to the hospital, about 10 minutes from my house. Like @mskeenan, they are having me rotate through all the providers so that I am comfortable no matter who is actually around when I go into labor. My OB doesn't have midwives, but DH and I hired a doula to work with us. I'm so excited! I can't believe we are all getting to this point!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so annoyed with people telling me that I'm lucky not feeling my baby move as you don't want bruised ribs.
    It really pisses me off! I would love to feel my baby move and know she is alright instead I'm in the hospital every other day to have a machine tell me my baby moved!
    Im lucky I don't have a DH, as I see the diss appointment in my mums eyes that she still hasn't felt her grandchild move properly, and I can only imagine how a DH would feel. 
    Its sooooo frustrating and worrying. I'm 37 weeks and sometimes wonder if I imagined being pregnant as if she doesn't has the hiccups I don't know she's in there.

***rant over***

• Awe I'm so sorry @tvh1982 . It's super annoying when people try to spin something stressful as "you are lucky that ..." It's like NO I'm not lucky . Just let me vent . 

It is really strange too that people always ask "they moving a lot in there ? " it's like a standard question from strangers at least from what I've experienced . When I've gone through periods of inactivity I just lie to shut people up . 

Going to the hospital that frequently would stress anyone out . Hang in there , mama . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @tvh1982 People really don't think sometimes before they say things to others. This is a perfect example. Here we are, would give anything to feel our babies move all the time to know they are ok and some take that wonderful feeling for granted. I had women say that to me too, "just wait until he kicks you in the ribs, you'll wish he wasn't moving so much."  Umm, no, I'll love every kick in the ribs because ill know he's alright in there. Dont let them stress you out with stuff like that. You already have a lot going on, going to the hospital constantly to check up on her, you don't need others to add to your stress. Just think that you're almost at the finish line and soon you'll get to meet your little one! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Thank you @mskeenan and @tulips29 for your kind words.

• A super random, but I just got my shipment of maternity clothes from Gap and I wanted to let you ladies know how great they are. I did not go in store to try on any sizes, I just went based on the measurements on the website. I ordered my normal, pre-pregnancy size for everything except sweater/shirt, and they all fit perfectly. There is going to be plenty of room for a normal sized bump to fit, and I'm hoping they may accommodate my XL bump in a few months. I don't know how long the mat leggings are going to last in my regular size, but they fit now, and I stretched them out a bit and they still were comfortable enough (though they weren't pressing on me, so I can't say for sure). I ordered one size up for the sweater and sweatshirt I bought, purely because I know I'm going to need them in January/February, when I'm most likely going to be huge, so for now they are a bit on the roomy side, but look like they should continue to fit me. If I had ordered my regular size, I feel like they would be perfect for a regular bump to last until April.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Hey guys! I'll be 13 weeks on Monday and tonight at work I got a metallic taste in my mouth. I didn't think much of it, but then I got the urge to spit, so I went to the bathroom and bright red blood came out. I blew m nose and a little blood came out too. Is this normal pregnancy stuff? I haven't had any sinus trouble lately, and I never get bloody noses. It just kinda scared me.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 I texted my midwife friend, she said "yep, increase blood volume" didn't seem worried :smile: 
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited October 2016
    @aanddm2014 yay for maternity clothes !! Doesn't it feel amazing to wear them ?  you would be surprised how much those elastic bands can stretch . I love my maternity leggings - I've gained a ton of weight , granted I'm only carrying one but somehow they still fit despite my weight gain that has been more than what I had planned on  ! 

@clt2pwm11 I had that metallic taste in my mouth too and never figured out what it was . I just shrugged it off as a preg symptom . I also had nose bleeds but at a totally diff time - right at the beginning of this pregnancy . Pregnancy is amazing but very strange ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @clt2pwm11 I've also had the metallic taste and remember seeing an article here on the bump about it, totally normal apparently. I've not had nose bleeds but gum bleeding, which is apparently also totally normal.  
    Trying for nr 2

• I got random nose bleeds during my pregnancy @clt2pwm11 and the taste of metallic is very common too due to the hormone change. Although the latter could also indicate trouble with your gums, so keep an eye out!

Yay for lots of maternity clothes @aanddm2014, best invention ever and definitely worth the money.
    I have a tiny belly, so thankfully I only had to buy stuff once (except for one trouser, my midwife reckons I shouldn't wear them anymore, I reckon I still manage to squeeze them past my bigger butt!)

• @clt2pwm11 - definitely a pregnancy thing. With all of the extra blood flow, the capillaries in your sinuses can swell which can cause the bloody noses. I think I read using a humidifier can help or putting a little vaseline inside your nose could help too. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker