October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 10/17

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest 10/17

• Options
    Yeah fuck you sciatic pain!! That came out of NO WHERE!! Ugh so painful!! Is it over yet???? Praying my LO comes this week and I don't have to come back to work next Monday on my due date! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    Still haven't had one measly contraction. The time to 4:00 is starting to tick away! I am thinking I'll have no idea what it's like to go into labor on my own! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man!! I honestly thought Baby B was going to come on his own @ibabyloveb87!! And I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat as you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    My husband didn't go to sleep until 1 am.  Now it's after 7 and he's still in bed.  I was up with the baby every hour and a half since midnight and was up for good at 5:30.  Our toddler has been up since 6.  I'm grateful that my husband has so much paternity leave so I don't have the boys by myself all day every day yet, but it still irks me when my husband sleeps in, especially since I know he's going to complain all day about how tired he is.
  • Options
    I still show no signs of labor so sounds like I'll be scheduling an induction when I go to my doctor's appt this afternoon. Last night my favorite band was in town for the first time in their 33 years of touring, but my husband and I didn't get tix thinking that I would have just had the baby or would be in labor. Totally could have gone, but if we had actually bought tix it wouldn't have worked out that way. Grrrr come on already!!
  • Options
    Omg.i haven't been on tb forever!!! I'm hoping that now that life is kind of getting better with a newborn, that I can log on more. 

My bf (that I also posted on FB)  is that I am so effing annoyed with DH's ex wife!!!! We had the girls over the weekend and she sent them to us with no heads up that they were sick with a cough. Both of them. She knows we have a 12 day old. As a result, baby and I had to isolate ourselves all effing weekend in our room!!!! I'm so pissed off. DH said something to her, and all she said was "I didn't know. I thought it was just a little cough." what an idiot. 

I'm still contemplating sending her a scathing email. But I want to keep the peace. 
  • Options
    I have sooo much homework to have completed by tomorrow before my makeup exams, and I have no time to do it and don't want to do it anyway, BOO...
  • Options
    I've had this terrible toothache for a while. Orajel got me through the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Now there is an exposed nerve. Waited all weekend to call the dentist today. Just my luck, the office is closed today. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I'm SO DONE with work. It's still so crazy busy here and I'm exhausted. Plus, I just can't focus because it's too close to baby.

And, the universe thought I wasn't uncomfortable enough, so blessed me with a terrible chest cold. Not only am I at work, but I'm hacking up a lung, which makes me feel like I'm going to shoot this baby straight out onto the floor.

I'm very pleasant to be around right now............. :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Warning... angry rant below....
    I'm ready to choke one of my trainees, that's taking over for me while I'm on leave, through the freakin phone! I told him LAST WEEK to do something (as well as how to do it) and he decides that his way is better... and now, we've made no progress towards the thing that needs to be done and it's freakin due TOMORROW. 
    When I address this with him... he has the audacity to tell me why HE'S frustrated with the situation. He said because he's talking to this, that, and the other person and he's being told different things (which, btw, I don't think is true... I think he's hearing it the way he wants to... based on my experience with him, and then running with what he thinks is right).... anyway, he said he's frustrated b/c of all this stuff... ummmmm of course you're frustrated! You're creating silos of communication and only looping in one person at a time. If you kept everyone in the loop all of the time like you're supposed to, you'd have direct answers and everyone would have all of the info when giving you advice so you'd get appropriate answers each and every time. I CAN'T EVEN WITH YOU!!!! You're a freakin idiot... I have no sympathy b/c you're creating your own damn problems! AGH! 

Angry rant over.
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @bnsmith85 At least soon we'll all be on leave and it won't be our problem! (at least until we return to an office in ruins...) But, let's not focus on that for now. lol
  • Options
    Curse you bad timing and universe!! DH is home with a stomach bug, which is bad enough on its own, but now I'm concerned that I might have a slow fluid leak. Or is it sweat? How do you tell?? Murphy's Law says fluid, but if I get it checked out it won't be. Or if DH really is chained to the bathroom I fully anticipate going into labor at any moment. Ugh. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH is being selfish and spending way more time away from home than necessary and I'm home with the baby all the time and up all night with her cluster feedings. I just wish he would sit with me..... 

and I'm a ball of out of control hormones. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @SuperNerd42 do a squat on the bathroom floor and see if it forces more
    out. If it does go get checked for fluid.
  • Options
    @F47 .... EXACTLY! I will actually doubt I'll have to mess with this project by the time I'm back... so that's one positive side to all of this. I really just need to let him create his own mess. He'll learn to listen a little better next time if I do. But it's SO HARD to not step in and just fix issues!

oh no! @SuperNerd42... FX it's not labor... at least until your H is feeling better!

@LMNOBaby... PREACH! 
  • Options
    DH said he was going to take 1 week off to stay with me the first week after the baby was born. Well he stayed 1 day with me and had to go back to work. So I thought at least the weekend I won't be alone, especially with these crazy hormones.  Nop he decided to go hunting instead. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BabySunshine4 My H is taking a week off also and I just realized that half of that will be while we're still in the hospital and it makes me sad.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options

It is Monday, I am pregnant and at work...Enough said???

Hang in there ladies we are closer than ever to having these babies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Originally, FI was going to work until we were discharged from the hospital, then start his leave once we were all home. But that was dashed when Johnny was transferred to a NICU 35 miles away, he had to use all of his leave while we were camped out in the city for a week.
  • Options
    Pregnancy brain getting me in trouble even during week 39, I somehow lost my credit card at lunch today. I bought lunch with the card, sat down and ate, went to go buy dessert at the counter, no card in my wallet. Which probably means I never put it back. The staff was really great about looking, and I left my info with them. I really don't want to have to get a new card issued while dealing with giving birth :(

• Options
    @cassieleeanne So much this. Literally counting down the minutes til maternity leave!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @SuperNerd42 my water never broke in the 'gush' sense of it. I don't know when it did to be honest. When the midwife checked me she was like ok well there is fluid there so your water definitely broke already. 

I wish it were simple and 'text book'. Sorry that's not any help!  :/
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I know how you feel!! My DH is working long crazy hours to support us but he went to go eat dinner with his best friend one day and helped his sister move another day and daggers just shoot from my every pore when he doesn't just come straight home. 
  • Options
    Thank you @maf9866 @bnsmith85 and @NicholeL16! Just another false alarm- although thats not such a bad thing this round. 

Hugs to all the BFs today- it seems like just a sucky Monday :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad I'm not working. I've had painful contractions all day that have had me moaning on the couch. They took a lunch break and have only recently started picking back up. Just come on already. I'm ready for go time and some pain relief. I can't even handle early labor. I'm going to be a big mess when shit gets real. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    +1 for pregnancy brain. I just couldn't get it right today at work. Thankfully no one seemed annoyed with my excessive incompetence.

@spaceburger you are amazing! I'll be tapping out at 40+1 at the latest

• Options
    Why do the biggest messes always seem to happen just before bedtime? 
  • Options
    @nataliemaephotography I don't know but I literally just finished cleaning up pee from all over in the bathroom. I was giving baby a sponge bath and well when I did the bum he peed everywhere and it was splashing off the cloth. I am not used to these boy parts. Girls don't pee everywhere like that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @Schell2013 I was just about to swaddle her for bedtime and she projectile spit up all over herself, me, and that dripped off us to the carpet. Now she's asleep and I just finished cleaning. But she's cute so she gets away with these things. 
  • Options
    @Schell2013 I was just about to swaddle her for bedtime and she projectile spit up all over herself, me, and that dripped off us to the carpet. Now she's asleep and I just finished cleaning. But she's cute so she gets away with these things. 
    Oh no! That's the worst! Fingers crossed its the last mess before bed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @orangeev seriously. And then its like I dont know if I'm turning into a psycho or its hormones or he is actually being terrible. haha.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    Hospital beds. Not comfortable. 

I was asleep but the blood pressure cuff started and I woke up. Got up to pee and now sleep seems very far away. Gonna be a long several more hours! 
    Yes!!!! I was so miserable in those beds I could never get comfortable. My last couple nights i slept in the recliner chair just to give my body a break. 
  • Options
    40+5 here and still working
    @SpaceBurger You are a rockstar! I made it to my due date...and that was spending the last 2 weeks working from home. I can barely move now at 40+1... don't kill yourself, woman, but hey, if you're not miserable and it keeps you busy, you go girl!