Pregnant after IF

**First Trimester Check-in Oct 17**

clt2pwm11clt2pwm11 member
edited October 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
3. When is your next appointment?
4. Anything else you'd like to share?

QOTW: How has being pregnant changed your life so far?

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:

@ConstanceGoodspeed  EDD April '17
@Happydays13 EDD 4/19/17 TWINS! GIRLS!
@frustrated and ttc EDD? TWINS!
@babymama619 EDD 4/30/17
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 
@halips EDD 4/30/17 
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30/17
@clt2pwm11 EDD 5/1/17
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17
@SanBL EDD 5/3/17
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17
@Tulumina EDD 5/5/17
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17
@ddvj79 EDD 5/25/17
@LSatturo126 EDD 5/25/17
@kelrauh EDD 5/28/17
@crholmstrom EDD 6/1/17
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/4/17 BABY GIRL!
@bpfeiff1984 EDD 6/9/17
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17

Let me know if you have any updates or need to be added!!
DX PCOS + mild male factor
TTC since Dec. 2015
Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
Beta confirmed 8/22
EDD 5/1/17

Re: **First Trimester Check-in Oct 17**

• I guess I can post here now.
    How far along are you?  I am 5 weeks today.  My EDD is June 19.
    Which symptoms are you having?  I have had a tiny bit of nausea and a little bit of sore nipples.  Also uncomfortable, bloaty and occasionally crampy in the abdomen.
    Next appointment?  I see my regular doctor in one week for my first prenatal and have my first u/s on Nov 2.
    Anything else?  This may be TMI but I had a sleepgasm last night and my uterus totally cramped up afterwards.  Now I'm paranoid that I hurt the baby somehow even though I know it is normal to cramp after O.
    QOTW:  Being pregnant hasn't changed my life much yet, especially since I already have a 4 year old DD.  But, I am more anxious in general.  And some of my jeans don't button well anymore.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • halipshalips member
    edited October 2016
    Hi everyone! 
    @kdanjou congrats and welcome!

I am 12w,  EDD was changed to 5/1/17

Gas. So much gas. It's gross. Along with some bloating and sore boobs.And tired, still so so tired.

Today! 12w scan plus taking the MaterniT21 blood test. Should know within a week if we are having a boy or girl!!

I was so worried about stopping at progesterone last week. (PIO ended on 10/3 and Crinone ended on 10/10) But I've been fine so far. Now just nervous for my appt today. Haven't see LO in 3 weeks.

it hasn't a lot so far. I guess I am more cautious of things and my mind is slightly more baby centered. Very few people know so far, but I'm guessing once I start showing and more people know, that will change. We plan to tell everyone once we have results back from the blood test.
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • @clt2pwm11 You can remove me from the list since I've graduated! A few of the others have too (when I was doing these I would google to find out how far along people were based on the EDD and remove them when they got past 14 weeks. Mine for a singleton is 4/15 and I'm 14+2, if that would help you today.)
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Hey! I'm Alex. I'm excited to be here!
    We finally got pregnant via IVF after a year of trying and another year of failed IUIs. I'm a PCOS-er, my hubs has a low sperm count. Hooray for science!

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? Today I'm 9 wks and 3 days, EDD is 5/19/2017
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Oh boy. What am I not having? Nausea, constipation, fatigue, food aversions....
    3. When is your next appointment? Nov 8 (election day!) I have my 12 week appointment and I'm getting the MaterniT21 test. It will be rough to not see the little dude for that long. Hopefully he'll hang in there. (I have no idea what the gender is but I've been referring to the baby as a "he" -  I blame the patriarchy).
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? @halips happy to hear you had no problems after stopping progesterone, I'm worried, Friday will be my last day. Fingers crossed!

QOTW: How has being pregnant changed your life so far? Mostly with nausea and feeling like I need to sleep all the time. Looking forward to the fun times of actually having a little one. 
  • Welcome @kdanjou

I am 8 weeks and 1 day with Twins. My EDD is 5/28/2017

I have been exhausted and started having more than just nausea last week. My gag reflex is horrible and I constantly feel like I could throw up at any minute. I am not a puker, so I have been holding it back. I started diclegis last night and I can hardly stay awake right now. 

We have our second ultrasound on Wednesday to see our two little beans. I am nervous as the doctor said that this ultrasound will be the one that will show them if this is going to be a successful pregnancy. FX that the two little beans are still snuggled in and have strong heart beats. 

Being pregnant has changed my work life, especially the last week. One of my biggest fears is throwing up in front of people or having people hear me get sick. I don't want to keep calling into work, but I am struggling to make it through the whole day without needed a nap or being so nauseated that I just want/need to be home. I have also had a very hard time eating much of anything as I gag every time I eat due to textures or taking too big of a bite. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @kdanjou So your sleepgasm made me chuckle because I had one around that time too and it really freaked me out! My stomach would not relax! Everything was good, but I was terrified at the time.

@halips Good luck today on your appointment!

@AandDM2014 I'll work on cleaning it up tonight. I'm at my internship and don't have a ton of time now :)

I'm 12 weeks today!

Yesterday was the worst morning sickness day I've had to date. I was ill all day long. Baby must have been having a growth spurt because I could not get enough food in me. Finally, I have up and ordered a cheese pizza and bought a big tub of ice cream. After four slices and two big scooops, my tummy finally chilled out. I looked ridiculous last night though with a good baby and an actual baby. It was the biggest my stomach has been this whole time!

Our next appointment is Wednesday. We have an u/s and I'm also do I by early gestational diabetes testing since I have PCOS. I'm not looking forward to it, but I guess it is better to know now.

As for the QOTW, I have been avoiding some people because it is getting obvious that I'm pregnant, but I'm not quite ready to tell yet. As excited as I am to finally have a baby, I've been mourning the death of my backpacking life. Husband promises we will keep doing it once the baby is born, but he is a photographer, and I just can't see him leaving the camera gear behind in order to carry all the baby stuff. Time will tell!

Other news, we are taking our pregnancy reveal photos this afternoon! I'm not posting them yet, but I want to take them with the fall leaves :)
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 you can remove me from list - moving on to 2nd trimester board. See y'all there soon!!  <3
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Happy Monday Ladies, 

I am 12w3d,  EDD is 04/28/2017

Headaches!! Ugh these bad boys are horrible lately! I spent the entire weekend in bed.  

Friday, October 21st!

I think I TRY to be a lot calmer, because I dont want to hurt the baby! I feel like everything I do these days is for the baby, which I am completely okay with.  I also think this pregnancy has made my marriage so much stronger.  We went through so much to get here, and we did it together :) 
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    May 7, 2016: IUI#1 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    June 6, 2016: IUI #2 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    IVF Consult 1 & 2: June 10, 2016 / July 15, 2016 
    Started Stims: July 15, 2016 (Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur)
    Trigger ----> 08/03 ----> ER on 08/05 ----> Transfer ------> 08/10
    BETA 1 (8/22) - 401  - BETA 2 (8/24) - 541 - BETA 3 (8/26) - 913
    Baby Chadwell's First U/S: 09/06/2016 / EDD: 04/28/2017
  • @ADRIANAC1982 I love your answer about marriage! I couldn't agree more. I feel like we are able to share our feelings better without feeling attacked and I also think we are taking better care of each other. . .or at least he is of me!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @wifeinraleigh28 So excited for your appointment tomorrow!!!!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @alaaronson Welcome and congrats! Stopping progesterone was scary! Hang in there!

@clt2pwm11 thank you! Good luck Wednesday! I was told the same thing about early GD testing since I have PCOS. That's apparently also why I had to do the 24hr urine test. Let me know how it goes!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Hi everyone!

11 weeks 3 days, EDD 5/5/2017

Super tired, shortness of breath, nauseous, craving cheese and junk food, hungry every hour, boobs have increased two cup sizes (from a small A to C?!?!)

Thursday - 12 weeks!

I never thought about what would happen after getting a positive pregnancy result. I was surprised by the anxiety that first trimester brings. It's a challenge to try to manage the anxiety. I've had to come to terms with the fact that infertility has permanently changed me as a person - it doesn't leave you alone after you get pregnant. But, I have power over how I let it change me. I try to focus on the things I've learned through the process and the excitement of a future child rather than dwell on the negatives. For so long I had no control over how infertility affected me, but now I do have some control - I can choose to let fear and anxiety rule the next six months or not.
    me: 40, husband: 41
    TTC since 2010
    History: Too many IUIs, 2 cancelled OE IVF cycles, 4 DE cycles with two different donors, all failed
    5th DE transfer with third donor, August 2016: BFP!
    u/s confirmed HB 9/15, 2nd u/s 9/22 - everything's still on track, EDD 5/5/2107.

• I forgot to answer the QOTW!

DH and I have been on cloud 9 since we found out 3 weeks ago. We've been happier and just so excited for the future. I don't even want to know what a loss would do to us, so I push it out of my mind. I also have to try hard not to think about being pregnant when I'm at work but I definitely *feel* it all the time. It will be much easier once I'm able to tell the girls I work with so I don't feel like I have to hide/ignore the biggest thing going on in my life all the time!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 6 weeks 4 days, 6/8

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? I’m feeling incredibly bloated

3. When is your next appointment? Had 2nd ultrasound today. measuring at 6 weeks 6 day. Another one in a week

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I can’t wait to stop these PIO shots – I don’t think my butt will ever be the same! I’m so done with them….

QOTW: How has being pregnant changed your life so far? I am definitely more anxious and obviously physically feel different but the biggest change has been cutting out alcohol – is that bad?? 

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• ddvj79ddvj79 member
    edited October 2016
    Congrats to everyone who graduated & welcome to all of you who are joining this week.

1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 8 weeks 5 days today, EDD: 5/25/2017
    Constant low grade nausea that just won't go away & some throwing up, gagging etc., very strong food aversion, incredibly sensitive to odors (causes violent nausea, everything smells gross!!). Abdominal pain that comes and goes. I think all of these are stressing me out a lot and tiring me out too.

3. When is your next appointment? tomorrow 10/18!
    To whomever invented PBJ sandwiches, Thank you so much for your genius! That's pretty much the only thing I can eat other than cereal sometimes.

I think I am a lot more anxious now, having something to lose that even my anxiety meds aren't quite sufficient. We have produced high number of aneuploid embryos in the past so, I don't think I can really let myself believe that this is really happening until we get past the genetic testing. My poor furkids think I might dying or something from the throwing up and nausea that they are so well behaved for me, it's amusing to see how stellar they are on leash and when training everyday with me but not so much with my husband :-)

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
    Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

• 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 12+ a few days. EDD is April 28th
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? I am still so sick. This is getting ridiculous. I vacillate between feel grateful for feeling so horrible and fear that it might last until I give birth.
    3. When is your next appointment? Thursday for NT scan. 

QOTW: How has being pregnant changed your life so far? It has eased some of my sadness from IF and TTCAL and made me feel hopeful again. I had a loss last year around this time and it was a painful year in many ways up until this BFP. 
  • 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD?
    06/14/17

Upset stomach. Not hungry much and then I'm starving but nothing sounds good. Tired. 

Later this week for our first U/S (!!) 

Don't feel pregnant aside from #2 above. Probably b/c I'm not feeling food these days I've lost 2lbs. (I have extra pounds so its okay LOL). 

Strange that its happening after all the stop-and-go with IF. 
  • clt2pwm11clt2pwm11 member
    edited October 2016
    @wifeinraleigh28 Thinking about you and your appointment!i hope everything went well.

I just finished my 12 week u/s. Baby has grown so much! Heart rate was 158, and baby was moving arms and legs like a champ!

Edit to add: I also had an early gestational diabetes test done since I have PCOS. They have me the lemon lime drink. It tasted like flat sprite, but it wasn't too bad. The worst part was having to have a breakfast other than my eggo waffles!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @kdanjou I meant to post that I totally commiserate with the sleepgasm! Happened to me too (around week 5), and I totally cramped after and it was painful. That experience completely turned me off to wanting any orgasms for the time being. Hopefully that doesn't continue happening as we get further along!

• @wifeinraleigh28 so glad the appt went well! Isn't seeing that heartbeat THE BEST?! 

@clt2pwm11 yay! congrats on a great 12w appt! Let us know how the glucose test turns out. I have to take mine on Nov. 7th, also early due to PCOS. They gave me the orange drink to take home and refrigerate. 

AFM: my 12w appt on Monday went well. Got to see baby, who has grown so much! Heartbeat over 150 still and moving so much they couldn't get a good picture for me. I should have my MaterniT21 results back in 10-14 days. So excited!

We are telling DH's dad this weekend, my family next weekend and then DH's mom/sibilings the following week. I plan to tell everyone at work on Halloween. I'll be 14 weeks and have a skeleton baby shirt to wear lol
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips I'm wearing a baby skeleton shirt tonight to tell some friends! So fun!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - Yay for a great ultrasound!

We had our second ultrasound today (8 weeks 2 days). Both babies had great heartbeats!  Baby A is measuring right on track and Baby B is being an over achiever and is measuring almost a week ahead. It is crazy how much they grow in a week and a half.  I graduated from my RE today, so I have to wait almost a month to go to my OB. I am not sure when we can see the little nuggets again, as the only use the doppler at my first OB appointment. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @halips Congrats to you as well on a great 12w appt! Looks like we have quite a few ladies graduating to 2nd tri soon!

@kelrauh Glad your 2nd ultrasound went well! I'll be graduating from my RE after my 8 week scan next week too. It will be so strange going to see my OB (who has been my gyno for years) after dealing with the fertility clinic for so long. But she's closer to my house, so I will definitely like that part! Crazy that you have to wait almost a month before you can see your OB! Did they give you a reason?

@MelD17011 Congrats on having a boy! Were you able to find out because of PGS testing? That's why we know as well :)

• @clt2pwm11 I love it! Hope they are all super happy and excited!

@wifeinraleigh28 thank you!

@MelD17011 congrats on the baby boy! How exciting!!

@kelrauh so glad the twins are doing well and congrats on graduating!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @wifeinraleigh28 Thanks.  I told my husband not to get me all "hot and bothered" since I am afraid of having another one!   Hehe.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Got my results back from the gluclose test and I was in the normal range. . .kinda right in the middle. Yay! I don't have to give up my ice cream habit!

They also did some kind of blood tests for hemoglobin and hematocrit (I think this was the spelling) and she said it was normal though I was just shy of the range. Anyone know why this would be important? Is this just an anemia test?
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @kdanjou For real! Even now, 2 weeks later, my uterus feels tender. Contractions of any kind would be very uncomfortable. No wild and crazy sex for me! :grimace:

• wifeinraleigh28 yes, we found out from PGS. Our RE does not request the gender in advance, so we didn't know going in, but she was ok with asking for it now.

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• @MelD17011 It's so interesting to me how different offices do things. When our embryologist called with our PGS results he asked me right there if I wanted to know the sexes of our embryos! We were going to keep it a secret but it was too tempting!

• 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 7 weeks 6 days, EDD: 6/1
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Hangry every 2 hours, nausea, food aversions, fatigue, restless legs, and tender breasts. 
    3. When is your next appointment? November 7th with my new OB. RE graduated me after a successful ultrasound of our little nugget last Friday. It's hard waiting!!! :/
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I'm staring to get more excited. Initially I had a hard time but it is becoming easier now. 

QOTW: How has being pregnant changed your life so far? I'm much more happy. After trying for 3 years, it is a life changer. Excited to share with our family and friends on thanksgiving! My pants don't fit and I have the tiniest baby bump, but a bump nonetheless!

• @clt2pwm11 Hematocrit is the percentage of your blood that is actual red blood cells (as opposed to plasma, etc).  I think normal is 35-45%.  Not sure if there is a change of normal range while pregnant, but men tend to run higher than women.  I always run a bit low at baseline, and can really feel it when I get down to below 28 or so. 

I keep reading about people having these long waits once you get to the regular OB.  That is so different from my experience.  I saw my new OB, and she made sure I had an appointment with SOMEone every 2 weeks so I wouldn't be all anxious about everything being OK.  I have my NT ultrasound 2 weeks after my last visit with her, and another f/u with her a week after that.  Then I'll go to once a month for awhile.  I think she is really sensitive to women coming from the infertility world being paranoid about problems.  She said if I ever feel like I want/need to come in, to make an appointment and they will squeeze me in for a quick US.  I am not going to take her up on any of that, but it's nice to hear her compassion and understanding.  Probably gets lots of IF people, because they are a pretty big women's clinic located in the same building (one floor up) as my fertility clinic in downtown Seattle.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • PNW12RN Your OB sounds amazing! 
    When do people traditional move from an ER to a regular OB? Seems its different some people at 8 weeks others closer to 10 weeks. 
  • @JaneJane I saw my OB at 9w5d, then my RE for the last time at 9w6d. My RE encourages seeing your OB before you graduate from him. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @JaneJane My RE is graduating me after my 8 week ultrasound next Tuesday. I have my first OB appointment just a few days later though it is just a nurse visit.

I actually haven't decided yet if I'm staying with my current OB or not (she's been my gyno for a few years now). While I do really like her, I've been considering switching over to a practice that has midwives on staff because I think I would really like that experience. There's a beautiful new women's hospital close to wear I live that has a group of OBs and CNMs and I would be able to give birth at that hospital. I'm really not a fan of the hospital that my current OB is affiliated with.

This might be a better question for the randoms thread but does anyone here have any experience with midwifery?

• 1. How far along are you and what is your EDD? 6 wks 2 days - June 13th

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Just sore boobs. Been battling with my sinuses this week tho. 

3. When is your next appointment? My second ultrasound is next Thursday.

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I had my first ultrasound this morning and we got to see him and he's growing just like he should be. Doc said he looks perfect along with his surroundings. I do not know officially if it's a boy but I've always dreamed I'd have boys but I don't care if it's a boy or girl as long as s/he is healthy. 

QOTW: How has being pregnant changed your life so far? I have to watch picking up my nieces and nephews which I've never had to really think about before. I've been battling with my sinuses this week and found out that preggo chicks can only take certain meds which equates to not much of anything, lol. I'm used to taking what I want and not thinking much about it. It feels so surreal still. I'm just in complete awe that I'm actually still pregnant. I can't stop thanking G-d enough for this blessing. 

• Beckij34 - have you tried a sinus rinse for your sinuses? I use a Neti-pot with distilled water and the saline mix they provide and it
    seriously does wonders! It's safe for pregnancy too I believe.