January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (10/16)

What's new with your little babe this week? 

How many weeks are you? 

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: 

When's your next appointment? 

(stolen from Wednesday's) GTKY:  Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so, what costume did you decide on? 

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (10/16)

• canavaracanavara member
    edited October 2016
    What's new with your little babe this week? Size of an acorn squash. I'm thankful for that because buying fruits and vegetables for HDBD shots has started to get frustrating (no one freaking sells rutabagas and for some reason getting a 15" thing of lettuce a couple of weeks ago was impossible). He's getting big and I can tell because his movements are starting to get less forceful and more squirmy. He spent all of Friday night like this:

How many weeks are you? 29 weeks

Starting to feel overwhelmed by everything we are doing. We're installing his car seat today, I started packing a few items in my hospital bag and went ahead and bought some postpartum prep items that I know I'm not going to want to think about later (the giant pads, the numbing spray, and the witch hazel). And am planning this week to schedule a meeting with HR to get my 12 weeks of maternity leave finalized on the books (I know it's going to be approved but I just haven't sat down with HR to discuss dates yet). And getting my birth plan finalized with my doula so I can share with my OB at my next appointment.

I don't have a lot of the normal symptoms that many pregnant women have and it's so weird to me. Even taking iron supplements, I've had 0 constipation or hemorrhoids, which I'm really thankful for. But I can tell third trimester is going to be kind of miserable just by how randomly achey things are getting already. Laying down at night and having to reach over the side of the bed to grab lightning cable for my iphone is a labor of love that leads to being seriously out of breath haha. ETA with question! Has anyone lost weight during late second tri or third tri so far? I jumped on the scale this morning and was shocked that I've lost a couple of pounds. I've gained 13 pounds total for the entire pregnancy now (124 to 137)... I feel like I'm eating plenty, but losing weight's not good I wouldn't think...

Friday for the now-every-2-weeks appointment with OB.

(stolen from Wednesday's) GTKY:  Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so, what costume did you decide on? 
    We haven't been invited to any Halloween parties or anything so I don't really know what this costume would be for, but dressing the bump up as Chain Chomp from Mario Brothers :)
  • 29 weeks! I feel like baby has flipped with his butt out towards the front because my bump feels much flatter lately. Movements are still all over the place, so I don't actually have any idea, but it feels different. Things I've read says babies start to flip in the right position for birth soon which makes everything feel pretty real.

We leave for our baby moon this week! We've finished almost every project that we have to do, decisions we need to make, etc. that we need to do for our home reno and things are (hopefully) going to start moving quickly. I just wanna nest the crap out of the baby's room and move home ahhhhgdjfjdk.

As much as I'm over being pregnant, I had some cramping earlier this week that freaked me out and I'm totally fine with baby staying put muuuuch longer. I'm out of my normal house/food/water/sleeping routines and I think over activity, GI issues, and dehydration led to the cramping. Other than that scare, I actually feel really good! I'm second guessing why I booked a baby moon to the beach (30 weeks in a bikini, oy). Oh well, it will be fun!

In a week in a half. I've totally thrown off the whole monthly schedule, but i'll get back on track when we switch to every 2 weeks. 

Halloween weekend is when I'm hoping we can move back into our house (fingers crossed) so my costume = eating candy and popcorn while watching a scary movie on my own couch. 
  • Loading the player...
  • newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited October 2016
    @canavara I haven't lost weight between any weeks, but I have stayed the same over a month sometimes. I had a big jump in the beginning of the 2nd tri when my MS went away and now it's kind of stayed the same week to week (15 lbs total). I feel like my weight at the appointment depends on my level of bloatedness and time of day (I drink almost all my water during the day and less at night to avoid a million bathroom breaks, so afternoon appts I weigh more than morning). I wouldn't be concerned about the weight as long as you know you're eating the right amount. I definitely eat less now than pre-pregnancy cause I can't handle regular meals/they make me so full, but I'm also working out less so I feel like it evens out. My rule of thumb is listen to your body and eat lots of ice cream :) 
  • moosette113moosette113 member
    edited October 2016
    25 weeks and getting annoyed at how inefficient I am at emptying my bladder.

I will hopefully have an appt with my doula tomorrow (she's had to cancel twice already due to other births, which obviously comes with the territory of being a doula) and an appt with the rabbi later on this week to discuss details around circumcision and conversion in these parts. Circumcision is illegal to perform on minors in Germany unless you have a religious exemption, so there aren't many places you can actually get one performed. Hoping it won't be as daunting as the Internet has made it seem.

Rant/rave: none, but @canavara I've lost a bit of weight 2nd trimester. I'm only up about 5 lbs total (was overweight to start), but I had a growth spurt from 20 to 23 weeks when I was visiting family and eating out every meal. Now that I'm back home and eating normally again, I lost 2 or 3 lbs and am now fairly evened out.

ETA: next appt is Nov 4th

I wish Halloween was more of a thing here, I just don't really have the opportunity to dress up. I used to really be into it probably because my mom was so good at coming up with ideas. One of my favorites was being a fainting goat back in college.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @canavara I've lost a bit of weight. I'm up 17lbs total (128 to 145) but I've only gained 3lbs in the last 8 weeks (if memory serves). I don't have a scale at home so I'm just going off of weigh-ins at the doctor's office. I lost about 5lbs several weeks ago (due to work insanity) and have been slowly putting it back on. Some of that is just going straight to the baby. For a while, I was up almost 4 bra cup sizes, but now it's only about 1.5-2. I think I had some excessive weight gain at the beginning and now it's rounding out. But, baby is measuring perfectly, is super active, and fungal height continues to measure 1 week ahead (as it has since week 17). I'm definitely eating plenty. As long as baby is looking and feeling good, and I'm feeling good, it's not worrying my OB/CNM team. They did ask me about it last week though, in part because of not much weight gain and because my glucose test result was really low (80). I was like... well, I had a peanut butter chocolate milkshake the night before my test (that's super rare though), so I'm definitely indulging when the craving hits. It just doesn't hit all that often for me. I'd say, since it's only a couple of pounds, you're probably fine, especially if you haven't changed your diet or exercise plan. I know a few women whose weight fluctuated a bit during pregnancy. As with anything, if you continue to lose weight or it worries you, check in with your OB. :) 
  • What's new with your little babe this week? 
    I too have an acorn squash in my uterus. He is going completely wild in there! Sometimes I think he has his elbows out and just spins round and round, limbs akimbo. It's hilarious but I have started to ask him to settle down after midnight so that I can get some sleep. 

How many weeks are you? 29 weeks! 

I won't be able to do much this week -- will be out of state for 2 weeks for work starting tomorrow. I've been away for about 1/3 of my pregnancy and this is my last trip before I can just telecommute 100% of the time. (Trip involves a 10 hour drive over a pass that's already getting snowy; I'm not doing that after the end of this month.) 

Just insomnia. Woot. 

November 2. 

My husband told me he would have one ready for me when I get back home on the 28th. I'm a little nervous. It'll probably be something to do with the birth scene in Alien. 
  • edited October 2016
    What's new with your little babe this week? 
    My uterus is above my belly button now so it feels weird getting kicked higher up on my abdomen. 

How many weeks are you? 
    24!! The size of a cantaloupe!

I just purchased a pack n' play from some of the money I received for my baby shower! It was on sale at Target! 

I've had this ear infection for the past 3 weeks. I only sought treatment this week because I legit thought that the noise in my ear was from the increased blood flow due to pregnancy. I've been taking ear drops now for four days and it's not any better.  

Early November.  I have to have my glucose screening done before that.  

No, no parties this year.  But I would have loved to wear that skeleton costume with the baby skeleton on my belly!

Lots of moving and kicking.

How many weeks are you?
    28 weeks 

Cleaning and painting

Lightning crotch! 

Oct 24

No.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DH put the crib together and I've been talking to my friends planning the shower about decorations, etc.

How many weeks are you?  25 weeks, baby is the size of a bundle of cauliflower!

Talking about baby shower plans, ordering the rug for the nursery...that's probably all for now. The crib and changing table are put together and curtains up. We need to get the glider and dresser for the nursery in order to hang pictures and other decorations in the nursery! 

been feeling crampy lately in my lower belly, not sure if I'm hungry, sitting weird, ligaments, Braxton hicks or what but I'm ready for the weird discomforts to stop.

November 9, for my GTT..joy!

(stolen from Wednesday's) GTKY:  Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so, what costume did you decide on 
    no, we hand out candy to trick or treaters, I've never been into dressing up, I did one year but DH and I never have. 
    they are straight up beating me up from the inside! Hip to hip, ribs to bladder, I'm feeling them like crazy 

How many weeks are you? 
    29! Feeling terrifyingly close to the end at this point....

Just more work on the nursery mostly. Mattresses arrived, new daybed will be delivered Tuesday so I can move the furniture around and find the best fit. Last birth class tomorrow. 

Nothing new, really. @canavara I haven't lost any weight but with 2 babies I'm supposed to gain a LOT and I'm just... not able to. I've gained nothing in 5 weeks. It's not optimal by any means but my OB isn't flipping out (yet) and I'm just trying to get at least an extra protein shake down everyday

Birth class tomorrow if that counts, also next growth scan in 10 days 

Not really, we're not going to any big parties this year. I have my go to cat accessories handy but I also have a Camp Crystal Lake counselor shirt (maternity) ready to wear, depends on how I feel
  • rdh33rdh33 member
    edited October 2016
    @TinaBelcher everytime I feel gigantic and stretched thin and beat up from the inside, I think of you and all the other moms of multiples (here and IRL) and send serious mental kudos your way. I can't imagine having eight limbs (plus 4 hands and feet) going wild inside of me. 
  • @rdh33 @TinaBelcher +1. I do the same thing. 

I got the 3D ultrasound and the tech told us that Baby is positioned with head up in my rib cage facing in and feet way above the head. I guess that explains why I don't have a whole bunch of hard jabs. On Friday, 3 people, including my mom, said my belly looked lopsided, leaning to the left. Then a coworker swore she saw my belly shift (I didn't feel any tremendous movement though, but that was a first).

How many weeks are you?

29 weeks!

I'm going to request a day off next week so DH and I can be off at the same time to get the condo cleared and hopefully ready to repaint the spare room/nursery (Still getting used to referring to the room as a nursery!!). Some people from our Sunday School class are also giving us a changing table and high chair this week :)

Symptoms: Constantly and consistently waking up every 2 hours. Guess my body is finally prepping for nursing. Plus extreme exhaustion through the day and zero motivation to do anything except binge watch Netflix.

Wednesday. Routine check up and group meeting with other moms due around the same time. Meetings are going to start being every 2 weeks now!

I signed up my car's trunk for our church's trunk or treat. I'm debating on how creative I really want to be. I would love to do something How to Train Your Dragon themed (my favorite movie, I love Toothless. Maybe have my trunk be his mouth with his face on cardboard around it and kids reach into the mouth for candies?) or maybe go the crazy cat lady route since I have a ton of stuffed cats and wouldn't mind buying a new bathrobe and just hanging out with curlers in my hair.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• @rdh33 Holy moly, have you been doing that 10-hour drive throughout the pregnancy or is it different locations each time you've been away? That sounds brutal. Hopefully you can take lots of rest stops to get out and stretch :)
    Growing and moving like crazy. Size of an eggplant.
    How many weeks are you? 
    28 weeks...hello 3rd trimester

I am off work today and hoping to finish the nursery. Also trying to get my husband to engage in some name conversations. Need to pick up a car seat base and probaby some other newborn things.

My back is still killing me. My sciatica is bad, walking is a major chore and causes some pretty good pain. We had a fantastic weekend in Chicago but let me say I am worn out today and tired of nor being able to walk.

Wednesday for OB and internist
    I have a Minnie mouse ears, hands, feet decal to iron on to a tshirt. DS is going as Mickey so I figred I'd dress the bump up to go with him. Plus I can wear it at DS's birthday party 2 weeks later since that is Mickey themed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby shifted/grew up into my rib cage late last week.  I'm so uncomfortable most of the time. 

How many weeks are you? 
    28 weeks- Third Trimester!

My first baby shower is next Sunday.  Saturday my ILs may be in town, so we might be out and about with them or we might be starting to seriously clean the apartment.  Having no lights in 1/2 the apartment threw me off and I was hoping we would have cleaned out more space for the baby loot that is coming our way.  

Rant- Everything hurts and I'm so uncomfortable.  Hopefully these next 9-13 weeks fly by.
    Rave- My husband was away for work last week and when he came back we were talking.  The baby started kicking and of course stopped when I put his hand on my belly.  I told him to keep talking and as soon as he did she started kicking again.  He's whole face lit up and he's been super excited ever since knowing that she hears him, recognizes his voice and clearly was excited that he was back. 

I had one today and my next is scheduled for the 1st, but I might have to move it to another day that week. 

We were invited to a party, but it's a couple hours away and with how uncomfortable I am I'm not sure that we will go.  If we do- I was gonna do the zombie baby idea and find an old doll to push through one of DH's old shirts.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @canavara I have, indeed. It's been HORRIBLE. Technically speaking, it's an 8.5 hour drive, but it's gotten longer the more and more pregnant I get. Haha I do take lots of stops and usually take a quick power nap half way through. We moved about 8 months ago and I decided to stay on (my company expanded significantly in September so it was good to see that through -- I'm the marketing/brand director). For a while, I was going up every week or every other week. Now it's just once a month. Whew! Thanks for your well wishes! :)