June 2016 Moms

Ingrown toenail

edited October 2016 in June 2016 Moms
Levi has one.  Anyone have experience?  I've read the stuff online about putting cotton under it but it doesn't seem like just a corner of the nail that's growing down...it's like further down on the side of the nails and im not about to go digging.  I put a little drawing salve on it for a while this afternoon and he's about to get a bath so it will soak some.  I noticed it earlier this week and it isn't any better.  It's red but not yellow like it's infected and doesn't seem to bother him at all but I get them and now how sore they can be.  I'll probably call Pediatrician Monday if still no better but really what else to do?

Re: Ingrown toenail

• Keep it clean and dry, otherwise leave it alone. Call the pediatrician Monday :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Agree with pp.  Preston had a little one and honestly I just let it be.  It grew past a certain point then the redness went away and I clipped it. Also never bothered him and hasn't been an issue since.  I do recall putting coconut oil on it a few times to keep the skin from getting raw and dry.  
  • Loading the player...
  • When Jackie was very young her two big toenails were doing this. They never became aggravated because I would occasionally carefully run a fingernail under them to keep them from becoming a problem. Eventually they got long enough to clear the end of her toes. Might not help now if it's ingrown, but might help to avoid them in the future.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I've mostly just been watching it. He sometimes wears socks but I've been keeping them off.