January 2017 Moms

Symptoms w/o 10/10:

Re: Symptoms w/o 10/10:

• @ceclarlinetlo no but I will give that a try! Thanks!!!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• I don't know what the deal is but I keep waking up in the middle of the night with this really awful pain near the top of my bump and no idea what's causing it or what it is. It's like a sharp pain, but the intensity of it isn't that bad, so I change sleep positions and then by the time I wake up again in another hour or so, it's gone. Only happens in my sleep. Has anyone else had something like this? I mentioned it to both my doula and OB and both looked at me like I was crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • TMI but I have been so gassy lately.... burps and farts. I miss pooping. I am watching what I eat, make sure to eat an activia a day, I even take colace here & there and nothing seems to really help. I know I would feel much better all around if I could just go to the bathroom one good time! I feel so big and bloated. 
    This has been my biggest complaint so far! I make sure I am drinking lots of water (roughly 100 oz/day), I have a yogurt with added flax meal or chia seeds every morning (doc recommended), eat plenty of fruits and veggies (also doc recommended), and have been staying away from things like cheese or ice cream or anything else the doctor thought might be making things harder for my system to get moving. I took colace a few times out of desperation and it also did a whole lot of nothing for me. Miralax has seemed to be the thing that works best for me, but you have to be patient and let it work through your system. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can relate to all of these symptoms!! hat has me worried right now is dizziness. I have had 2 bouts of dizziness while out walking but I felt dizzy last night every time I got up to pee and it has continued today. Not super dizzy but like enough that I notice something is off. Anyone else?

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @canavara that happened to me once when I sat on the couch in a weird way. Maybe you're tensing muscles in your sleep without noticing it and they start to cramp?
  • Constipation is at a height right now.  I've even doubled up and started taking 2 colace in the morning.  I'm wondering if it's my prenatal vitamins because this last time I had to get a different brand than what I had been taking.  Would that cause it?  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @shlecka if the vitamins you are taking this time have more iron than your previous one it could be possible. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ^ agree, it's almost certainly the iron if you switched prenatals and it has more than the previous. I just got put on an iron supplement for anemia and the nurse was very wordy about "you should really get some colace too while you're pricking this prescription up..." I haven't had any constipation so far this pregnancy so I'm really curious to see what impact the iron has :)

@marynog I hadn't considered that but that would make sense, because it does feel like a muscular thing!
  • Ah I hadn't looked at the iron content but I bet that's it!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @canavara I had to add an iron supplement in the first pregnancy and took colase every other day to help the constipation. Prior to that I didn't have any issues with going so hopefully it doesn't affect you too bad either! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @canavara I sometimes wake up with a weird pain and I think it has to do with everything being so squashed inside. I notice it happens most when I'm uncomfortably full (which is most evenings) and it's hard to breathe. mixtures of rib pain/side stitch feeling/lung ache/everything pain but it doesn't actually hurt that bad and it always goes away. 
  • So my belly button is constantly itching.... and I really can't scratch/rub it because it's super sensitive. not like hurting, but it just feels really weird..... I am hoping it doesn't pop out. D:
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • susykat77 said:

I can relate to all of these symptoms!! hat has me worried right now is dizziness. I have had 2 bouts of dizziness while out walking but I felt dizzy last night every time I got up to pee and it has continued today. Not super dizzy but like enough that I notice something is off. Anyone else?

Yep, I had this with my first pregnancy, but not this one. My doctor said it's really normal, but to also make sure to be drinking plenty of water and to keep cool. I actually passed out once this pregnancy because I was dehydrated and overheated. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am having some major sciatic nerve pain on my right side. I'm pretty sure baby girl is favoring the right side anyways because that's where I feel her most so I'm sure she's putting pressure on the nerve. Walking helps to some extent but that first few minutes of standing and walking is painful and slow. I'm seeing a chiropractor once a week and saw her yesterday and had a little relief but it's back full blown today. I've been feeling so well that it really stinks. Especially since we are heading to Chicago this weekend. Going to try some yoga tonight.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @carly79 Look into some sciatica based stretches. I have it off and on when I'm not pregnant, and some are really helpful. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @emy730 Thanks, I'll do that!

Pregnancy Ticker

• susykat77 said:

I can relate to all of these symptoms!! hat has me worried right now is dizziness. I have had 2 bouts of dizziness while out walking but I felt dizzy last night every time I got up to pee and it has continued today. Not super dizzy but like enough that I notice something is off. Anyone else?

Me! It's a combo of dizzy and overall weak feeling. I thought it may have been low iron but I just got my bloodwork back today and iron levels were normal. Maybe it actually is iron for you? 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @LastMango If it continues then I'll have my iron checked. Good idea!

@emy730 I have been feeling overheated too...

Thanks ladies!

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• I found crust in my bra yesterday. I think a few people have mentioned this before. It was only on my left side. 

I've definitely had some weird pain on my bump maybe 2 or 3 times, but I don't think I've noticed it after/while sleeping. I've gotten bump pain that's off to the right and up from my belly button. It's not far off from the belly button though - maybe an inch or so. It will get very tender to the touch and almost feel like it's bruised. It usually only lasts for a few hours and then miraculously disappears. I chalked it up to tender nerves, especially since it's so close to the belly button.
  • Ok, so I know nothing is instant, but I tried pigeon pose, feet up the wall, some stretches I found online, heat, and Tylenol last night to help with my sciatica and it's not better today. The heat and Tylenol don't really make a dent, the stretches and yoga poses feel really good when I'm doing them but as soon as I'm done you'd never know I did them. Has anyone had any luck with a pregnancy support belt helping with sciatica? My chiropractor is out of town but I'm considering calling another one in town that specializes in pregnancy but am unsure about that. Also considered seeing if there is anywhere that does pregnancy massages that I can get in to today. Anyone have a vote one way or the other of what's worked better? We are going to Chicago tomorrow and will be doing a lot of walking and my husband is worried we need to cancel the trip. We have Bears tickets for Sunday and I'm adamant that I can make it. But I'm in pain.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Carly79 I was in the same boat with my sciatica. I asked my massage therapist to focus on my piriformis muscle and glutes and it really, really helped. Even my chiropractor had acknowledged that muscle strain was the likely culprit (in my case at least, sciatica has a ton of possible causes). If you're going to go the massage path, just be sure to explain to them the underlying problem so that they can be firm enough.

I have a long-running relationship with my massage therapist--she does deep tissue therapy normal--but has simply made adjustments to mine to make it work as a "prenatal" massage (no massaging certain parts of the feet/ankles, the bump is obviously hands off, and a special table is used). Some places that do prenatal will just do light relaxation massages and not have the table for pregnant women and instead put you on your side, which doesn't allow them to give pressure effectively in cases where they're doing true therapeutic myofascial release.
  • @Carly79 I'm sorry you're in so much pain! From my experience a support belt increased my pain. It just pinched it more. But you may find some relief. I vote massage/accupumcture if you can find someone today. Good luck! 
  • @carly79 I'm sorry, that sounds rough! My sciatica pain has been much better lately, though I'm not sure thats due to anything I actually did. 

I do find that walking helps - as long as I'm wearing the right shoes and maintaining proper posture. I also make an effort to really engage my glutes and surrounding muscles to try to take some of the burden off the joints and nerves. 

Also, my chiropractor told me that sciatic pain on 1 side is related to pelvic tightness on the other, so maybe try focusing on stretching the opposite side a little more? I think pigeon is good for stretching it out, but I also find that it sometimes aggravates everything in the short term. Cat/cow stretches have been my go-to lately. I try to do 10-20 before bed, and then follow those with some hip circles. 

Another stretch that's good for that area: start on all 4s and extend 1 leg behind you, crossed over the opposite ankle. Then look over the shoulder of the kneeling leg toward the extended foot so you're basically getting a big side stretch. 

Finally, have you tried baths? I've been taking Epsom salt baths a couple of times a week lately and think that really helps with all my aches and pains. (Unfortunately our 1 bath is getting ripped out next week. Ugh) 

I hope you find some relief and are able to enjoy your trip!
  • Thank you everyone for your help. I will probably try it all as much as possible today.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I do not like Braxton Hicks. They scare me. Mine aren't painful and don't last long. Sometimes I'm not even sure that's what it is or if baby is just moving. But i had a lot last night and got scared. Called and talked to a nurse today and she reassured me that it's normal. Pregnancy is scary now and i don't like it! Also not looking forward to doing a 24 hour urine collection this weekend, then I have my 3 hr GTT Monday. Someone hold me!
  • Apparently my sharp pain at the top of my bump is the same thing as pain I've been experiencing directly below my breast during the day... costochondritis (inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the breastbone). There's literally no remedy for it other than giving birth and it's going to get worse :| 
  • @canavara oh no,  sorry to hear that! 
    @Carly79 I hope you feel better ASAP so you can enjoy the bears game!

I've been feeling baby move a LOT lately. Yesterday sitting at my desk started getting uncomfortable almost right under my boobs & rib cage area. I feel like I'm getting squished. IDK how I'm going to survive 12 more weeks of growing!

Another thing I recently noticed that makes me a little nervous. I have an "indent" (not sure what else to call it) on my left breast on the inner side close to my nipple about the size of a nickel & not even as thick. Is this normal?! Not sure if it's just a temporary thing as my body adjusts to my growing boobs or what. It's not painful or sensitive... just a weird new revelation?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kelseyh62 There are so many crazy things going on with our boobs, that may just be a thing. But I would definitely show my doctor, because that can be a sign of something that would need to be checked out. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @cjs260 yeah, agreed. Was planning on telling my doc at my next apt on 11/1. As of right now I don't think it's urgent enough to do so sooner. Hoping it will be gone by then anyways. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Odd new symptom for me. My nose is bleeding (not like a true bloody nose), but anytime I blow my nose, blood. What is this? How do I fix this? 
  • @ThePax89 this happened to me once during my last pregnancy. I blew my nose and I just started having a random nose bleed. It was actually the first nose bleed I ever had so I freaked out lol. It only happened to me the one time and my doctor didn't seem to think too much of it. Just said if it happened again and it didn't stop shortly after to go in. Hoping it calms down for you soon! 

I think I'm working myself to hard. I hate not being able to get up and do things myself and I'm in major nesting mode but I can feel my body telling me to stop. I've been having some cramping throughout the week and some BH earlier this week. I just need to remember to slow down. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Hi All, Wifey has been having left side hip pain described similar to what @LeahNicole has been having, we had a follow up appt on Wednesday and let the ob know, he said its very likely joint pain and totally normal with the joints expanding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ThePax89 I've had that type of bloody nose several times this pregnancy and I remember having it last time too. 
  • @thepax89 I've been having this EXACT same issue pretty much every day this week (including when I was giving a job interview yikes).

@leahnicole has baby shifted yet or the pain eased up?

This isn't so much a symptom but I went to the doctor yesterday because I was worried about baby's movement (she's fine and has been moving a TON ever since I got back- figures!!) and while I was there they measured my bump. It measured two weeks behind (I'm 27 weeks and I measured 25). Should I be worried/ does anyone have experience with something similar? They weren't particularly concerned and just said my midwife would look at it in my next appt at the end of the month. 

On a related note I'm driving DH nuts with my pregnancy anxiety...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ThePax89 Yes! It's not like a normal nose bleed, but every time I blow my nose, there's blood. We're in a weather shift here (70s to 50s), so I assume that's not helping me either. Also I laughed the other day when I blew my nose and saw the blood, because you know - forensics and clowns. 
  • @hayhay87 I wouldn't be worried about that. I believe anything within a 2 week range either way (ahead or behind) is considered normal. Measuring fundal height is really not super accurate given how small the measurements are to determine week to week. It can change slightly based on baby's position, if you've eaten, what position you're in when measured, etc. Ask them to make sure you're not falling further beyond at your next appointment, like you said, but wouldn't stress. I was actually one week "behind" at my last appointment, and before I was measured I thought I would be ahead because of how high it seems to me most of the time!
  • @hayhay87 it's eased up a little, it's still uncomfortable after I pee and when I try to shift in bed. It's not nearly as painful when I walk. I worked the day after I went to the doctor and I was so busy at work that I couldn't stop to think about it. Thanks for asking!!

• @LeahNicole glad to hear it's a bit better! Hopefully it continues getting less painful  :) .

@lonestar21416 thank you! I know if the midwife had thought it was something concerning they would have had me stay for additional tests then but I can't help being an overly anxious FTM...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've never had acid reflux like this before I was pregnant. Sometimes (especially after a big dinner) I wake up in the middle of the night, like tonight, coughing with the taste of stomach acid in my mouth. It's uncomfortable, gross, and overall sucky. I think I'm going to have to start sleeping slightly propped up, as well as watching my portions at dinner. 
  • @urbanorchidgirl I can SO relate to your post!! That was exactly me yesterday!! My husband was working and Braxton hicks were making me scared and I really just wanted someone to hold me, ha! Hang in there, lady.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker