October 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Changer 10-13-2016

ashleymn-2ashleymn-2 member
edited October 2016 in October 2016 Moms
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I figured @RainMira9e is busy or preparing for baby or since it's her 40th week hopefully baby is coming (fingers crossed for her)! (sorry, If this is over stepping)

How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms?

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? (Stole from Monday)

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
BFP: 03/10
First Baby: 10/20/2016

Re: Thursday Ticker Changer 10-13-2016

• How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 39 weeks.

What size is baby? 
    Kinzley is the size of an American Short-haired Cat. (u/s had her at 8lb 5oz last appt)

Upcoming appointments?
    I have my u/s, nst, and check in on Tuesday. C-section on Wednesday (although, we still haven't heard back on our preeclampsia labs yet, and my OB bumped the C/S from tues. to wens.)

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I REALLY REALLY like my OB but I feel like she sucks at getting back to me about questions or confirming things. (She was suppose to confirm our c/s time/date last night). I know she's probably busy and I'm not her only patient but I get really anxious waiting on her. lol

Symptoms? 
    I've had this awful upper quadrant belly pain for awhile. It's constant and up high so not contractions and I'm thinking its from everything being squished in there but it wakes me up at night.

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? (Stole from Monday) 
    We are breast feeding. I came to the decision based on the fact that it's cheaper and helps me loose weight faster. If, of course, for some reason I can't BF I have no problem formula feeding Kinzley, and we've discussed going with enfamil if it comes to that.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016

• How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby?  38 weeks today

What size is baby? 
    Size of a winter melon,but I will confirm actual size tomorrow at my ultrasound scan

Upcoming appointments? 
    Had my appointment today,next appointment for 20th,i.e if baby decides to stay put.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    No rants this week,just want this baby out at this point,lol.

Symptoms? 
    constant lower back ache,belly tightening and lightening crutch,that's about it.

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? (Stolen from Monday) 
    I am thinking of breastfeeding exclusively for the first 3 months,then supplemental feeding from then on. I haven't decided on the brand I would be choosing,but leaning towards Gerber's gentle start,I have heard some really good things about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleymn Thank you! Unfortunately I am NOT having my baby which is very disappointing to me. I appreciate your starting the thread, though, and the crossed fingers!

How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 40 weeks =(

What size is baby? 
    measured 8 lbs. at the ultrasound this Monday - a watermelon according to most apps

Upcoming appointments? 
    tomorrow morning I see my doctor and we were planning an induction starting Sunday night if things don't happen before then.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I've been a jerk all day. I'm so disappointed I'm not having my baby today. I know few people actually have the baby on the due date, but still. I've had contractions that feel more intense than previous contractions and I have been tracking them and they were about every ten minutes most of the day (went from every ten minutes to about every seven minutes to about every twelve minutes). I feel bad because maybe I would have progressed better if I had walked around a lot, but I didn't want to. OR because my mom was here and I was super pissed at her most of the day, which could have stalled me out. Also I feel bad about my mom being here to help me organize my house and me being grumpy about it. If I were smart I would have called today off. Oh also last night I had a crying fit because I really, really don't want to share my birthday (October 15). 'Cause I'm so mature.

Symptoms? 
    Contractions about ten minutes apart today. I've had increased discharge for about a week (TMI sorry) - I wasn't dilated at all Monday, but I've gotten pink streaks last night and today so I assume that means something's happening. 

I'm really hoping to breastfeed because I think it will be much easier, cheaper, and have benefits for me, not to mention the baby. I always thought I would - my mom did (I was the oldest of three) and I think all of my relatives have, too. Also I don't want to have to pick out a formula. If I have to - I'll start with the samples (I have a few from both Similac and Enfamil but I don't really know which ones at the moment - those will hopefully get donated once I have breastfeeding established and a pumped supply for emergencies.)

•  Hang in there pregnant ladies @RainMira9e @bimbolaoyin @Ashleymn ! Soon you will all be cuddling your babes :) 

1. I am one week PP. Would be 39 weeks but got induced last week due to gestational hypertension . 

2. Baby is 5lbs 14oz as of yesterday 

3. Pediatrician appointment and lactation tomorrow. Hoping LO gained weight or they'll probably recommend supplementing with formula. I was hoping I could do it with just boobs but perhaps not.

4. She is Sooo sleepy during feeds, and I'm worried that's why she is not getting enough ? ! Also , the sleep deprivation struggle is REAL. yikes. 

5. Still swollen and sore :(. Getting better though, just hard to recover on hardly Any sleep . 

6. Really wanted to do BF but I'm afraid she's not getting enough. If course I will do what it takes to have a growing baby. So far, BFing  is hard but worth it for all the baby snuggles . Now, the bonding is basically the reason I want to keep it up , even though I know there are so many other benefits . 
  • How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? Ellen is 2 weeks, 2 days old. 

What size is baby? 
    Hopefully bigger than 6 pounds 13 ounces (her birth weight).  We'll find out on Monday! 

Upcoming appointments? 
    She sees her pediatrician on Monday for her 2-week visit. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I feel like I'm failing at breastfeeding.  She wants to eat a lot which makes me think she's not getting enough at each feeding. I'm going to talk to the LC on Monday but it's frustrating. 

Symptoms? 
    Just enjoying not being pregnant! You still-pregnant ladies are my heroes.  

Breastfeeding (obviously). I wanted to go that route because of all the health benefits and because it's cheaper.  However, if my doctor tells me to supplement with formula, I won't be mad.  I'm starting to feel like a dairy cow.
  • How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 38 weeks

What size is baby? winter melon

Upcoming appointments? tuesday, 10/18 i have a regular prenatal appointment

Rants/Raves/Questions? i really want to have this baby but for some strange reason im more comfortable now than i have been in weeks. id like to carry to at least 39 weeks for work reasons and i have a ton of nesting to do this weekend. i also have been having labor related dreams that havent always been pleasant, so im a bit anxious about the actual birth part. Definitely feeling conflicted over where and when i want baby- lucky for me, I guess, I dont get a say in that!

Symptoms? trouble sleeping, occasional lightening crotch, heartburn

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? (Stole from Monday) Breastfeeding I hope!! I worked so hard with DS to breastfeed but ended up doing a combination of breastfeeding and formula at 2 weeks because of his failure to gain weight. We did that for 7 months. Breastfeeding is cheaper, way better for mom and baby and more convenient. If we have to supplement again, Ill use Organic Earths Best again. We used it with DS and although it's spendy, it doesnt have a lot of extra crap in it. Believe it or not, most formulas come from milk that may have been treated with hormones (like Rbst).

DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • @depineta Your post about BFing could totally be me too. My baby eats all the time and is super fussy for a few hours a day. It feels like she is so hungry . I am also extremely sleep deprived - not sure she's slept  more than 2 hrs since she was born . . . 
  • @jennielu it's so hard! Creepy internet hugs to you -  we can figure this out.