February 2017 Moms
Options

The Politics Post

Re: The Politics Post

• Options
    I'm wondering why this is even news - Trump says terrible and degrading things to and about women at every turn! Are we supposed to be shocked...?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PerraSucia I know, right? Isn't that what pussies are for? It's actually a compliment. 
  • Options
    This ^^ took me a second but I lol'd for real!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imalwaysme79imalwaysme79 member
    edited October 2016
    Why does he keep sniffling?! Oh wait, the mic must be broken again. 

Edited because i don't want to make any accusations. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We think he may get a runny nose when he's nervous like I turn red and sweaty. 
  • Options
    Dude, a fly landed on her eye and she didn't even flinch. 

::waits for slew of memes::

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Anderson cooper is so hot. 
    Yes!
  • Options
    Anderson cooper is so hot. 
    He's on my list of top 5 silver foxes...alternates for the first and second spot with his buddy Andy Cohen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lol she only respects his children...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Omfg pence left the ticket. 
  • Options
    Confirmed? Wtf
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Confirmed? Wtf
    Rumors flying but Id take that bet by morning. 
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Confirmed? Wtf
    What? He tweeted "proud to stand with you"...??
  • Options
    MommaBean said:
    homemake said:
    Confirmed? Wtf
    What? He tweeted "proud to stand with you"...??
    Yeah I couldn't find anything to say he did either.
  • Options
    H just sent me some tweet that was like "4 confirmed sources" but it seems like it was bs. 
  • Options
    H just sent me some tweet that was like "4 confirmed sources" but it seems like it was bs. 
    I saw that too when I googled! Would be pretty epic if it does happen. 
  • Options
    I actually watched the debate today. He must be very proud of himself for answering ZERO questions.Sigh. That was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to watch.  I don't know Hillary keeps a straight face.  The entire time I was cringing or I had my "wtf is he saying" face on.  

• Options
    That was so painful to watch! Every time he talked out of turn or interrupted someone, I wanted to throw my phone at the tv. 
  • Options
    Most of my fb feed bashes Trump.  I do know one person who supports him and despises Hilary.  Last night he posted something about the debate. One of his friends responded with "trump beat Hilary like a baby harp seal".  And there you have it.  Dick.  
  • Options
    I can't wait to watch all the late night shows tonight so I can see everyone make fun of the orange monster.  The comedy shows are usually where I get my election news coverage.  Makes it easier to deal with. 

• Options
    Thanks, @skiingstark! That's an awesome resource. I'm going to be using it.
  • Options
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
    Super reassuring odds based on piles of live data. I have this bookmarked and click it several times a day. There is also a really great article today about the power women have in this election. Click Analysis at the top of the page. The article should still be at the top of the feed. 
    @AfKash Yup, I was either cringing or screaming "Shut UP! Let her TALK!" and also having some pretty inappropriate fantasies about Andy Coop. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    Guys, I can't.  

Have you seen this bullshit hashtag about repealing the 19th amendment?  Are you f*cking for real?  

I think the saddest part of this is that there may be men in my life that feel this way.  That literally think less of me because I have a vagina.

This makes me sick.
    Yeah, my DH showed me this, I could not believe it. It is like when you think they have sunk to a new low they some how find a way to make it lower.... I really wish I could drink this election cycle. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    This isn't related to the national election and I realize I'm probably the only Montanan here so feel free to scroll by, but I need to vent for two seconds. Also *TW* for sexual assault talk ahead.
    I am so FED UP with our state judges and the velvet gloves they wear when sentencing rapists and sexual predators. My city is unfortunately nicknamed the "Rape Capital of America" and with a little girl on the way I am SO terrified for her. Like curling into a ball on the floor in tears because I never want her to feel that darkness kind of terrified. 
    Another case I'd been following was decided today--a man who repeatedly raped his own daughter was sentenced to 60 days, with credit for time served. While he's not in my city specifically, the whole state has a giant gaping hole where justice should be and I'm heartbroken over it. Guess who's doing even more research on all the judges up for retention this year? :angry: 
  • Options
    This isn't related to the national election and I realize I'm probably the only Montanan here so feel free to scroll by, but I need to vent for two seconds. Also *TW* for sexual assault talk ahead.
    I am so FED UP with our state judges and the velvet gloves they wear when sentencing rapists and sexual predators. My city is unfortunately nicknamed the "Rape Capital of America" and with a little girl on the way I am SO terrified for her. Like curling into a ball on the floor in tears because I never want her to feel that darkness kind of terrified. 
    Another case I'd been following was decided today--a man who repeatedly raped his own daughter was sentenced to 60 days, with credit for time served. While he's not in my city specifically, the whole state has a giant gaping hole where justice should be and I'm heartbroken over it. Guess who's doing even more research on all the judges up for retention this year? :angry: 
    Ugh ugh ugh. Any chance of calling up those people who camped out with guns in front of the Stanford rapist's home when he got released and asking them to stop by at that a**hole dad's house?

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    That's so horrible @MrsLittleMac. At least it sounds like you may be in a state where judges are elected? Hopefully people can rally against these a holes but in a world where the 19th amendment stuff is going on, who knows anymore. This election has shown me how far we really have to go in terms of women's rights in this country. 
  • Options
    Whoo-eee if I had the free time I'd camp out in front of his house with a gun too! Vigilantism is certainly an appealing thought at the moment. Our judges are mostly elected in 4, 6, or 8 year terms. When up for retainer (incumbent running without competition) I believe it's a "yes" or "no" on the ballot as far as "should X judge be retained another term?" I'm not sure how their replacement would be appointed in the case of a "no" because it doesn't happen very often, but I know in certain cases they're appointed by other elected officials. I just hate that a person busted for non-violent drug posession, on average, gets more time than a large percentage of these violent sexual offenders. :angry:
  • Options
    @MrsLittleMac that's fucking insane. 
  • Options
    @MrsLittleMac I'm so disgusted by that! I can totally feel your pain and frustration. As a person who experienced sexual assault myself I can relate to your fears about the safety of our children. I wish I could knock that dudes dick in the dirt. 
  • Options
    @MrsLittleMac they just posted about the case you're talking about on Jezebel!