February 2017 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 10/11

Who is being a twatwaffle today? It's okay just let it out. 

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 10/11

• Do we need twatwaffle Tuesday anymore since we have glitter fart Tuesday? 
  • Today I do lol.....Dh's job is a TW. His company announced to their staff in a meeting that they were going under due to losing a contract with a major supplier, so they can no longer stay afloat and the staff got laid off. Thank goodness I work, but boy what bs. He has a degree and skills to find another job and thankfully he was cleared back to work already from his back injury...it is just shitty timing and now he has to file for unemployment and start job hunting. Funtastic
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that @BlondePeanut ! What terrible timing. I pray he finds a new job soon!
  • Thank you @joyful08
    I really hope so too 
  • @blondepeanut So sorry about your H job!
  • Thank you @homemake
    Trying my best not to stress and just be greatful we have my job and benefits to fall back on....it could be worse, and would've been if we had our insurance through his job
  • @BlondePeanut That sucks! The whole company going under is just bad luck for your H.... Hopefully he finds a new and even better job ASAP!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Agreed @WinchesterGirl
    Hopefully he will find a better job at a company that is doing good business instead of struggling until they flop

• @BlondePeanut oh no! I'm so sorry that is happening. I hope he gets a new job soon, Im glad to hear his back is better.
  • @Gretchypoo - thank you! the upside is with his back finally better he is able to get a new job....if it wasn't it would a worse scenario for sure...and he wouldn't be allowed to collect unemployment either. so we lucked out in some ways

• @blondepeanut I'm so sorry that happened to your H!! Keep your heads up, that same thing happened to my best friend's H and he actually wound up finding a WAY better job that paid better and had better benefits. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end :)

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BlondePeanut was it your H that works ridiculous hours and has (had) to be checking emails like hourly? 
  • Thank you @scifichick09
    I am hoping that is why this happened...best case scenario he finds a job with better benefits than mine and way better pay and maybe I can go part time or eventually be stay at home. I'm sure one way or another things will work out...they always find a way to even if it seems like shit hit the fan lol
  • @Spicyweiner - nope not mine. he did work alot of OT but no emails and had a pretty consistent schedule. 

• @BlondePeanut did they get a servrence? 
  • @PerraSucia - nope! just a letter of recommendation for being an excellent employee and paperwork to file unemployment. any unused pto will be given in a paycheck at the end of this week along with any other pay owed 

• @BlondePeanut thats really rubbish news. Fingers crossed that he finds something soon which is a better fit all round!
  • Thank you! my fingers are def crossed @Janefelicity

• @BlondePeanut was it your H that works ridiculous hours and has (had) to be checking emails like hourly? 

SITB

That's my H. :-(
  • @BlondePeanut I'm sorry about your husband's job.  But I'm glad that you have a positive outlook. And I'm super glad that his back is better!! Good luck to him in the job search.  

• This is minor by all counts, but prospective tenants are my TWs today.

First thing this morning I get a long call about an "interesting situation" lady 1 is in, where "for some reason" her husband passed out at a bar drunk and ended up with a drunk and disorderly charge on his record. Three guesses, but perhaps him being so drunk the bar employees couldn't rouse him to get into a cab, and had to call the cops to come get him had something to do with that? I mean, just a guess based on that's what you told me happened. She makes out as if this was ancient history, he's taken a class and it's never happened since. Ok, I'll bite, how long ago was the charge? Three whole months! Sigh.

Lady 2 sets up a showing tonight by text yesterday. Barely 24 hours before, and yet today when I call to see where she is (no show), she tells me that she's so busy, it slipped her mind, because her son has football and she's across town, and will I reschedule her? Lady, you are not the only one with a life. I dragged my butt 45 minutes across town through traffic to show you a house and you think I'm not busy? No call, no nothing... but I'm just going to agree to do this again tomorrow. Do I sound stupid to you?

It's part of the job, but man people are particularly annoying today. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @BeckS13 I think you can totally blame this on pregnancy brain! Lol, that's quite a story, though!

• @concreteangell - oh no, sorry to hear that lol. did it still taste ok? at least it was tomato related....blame pregnancy brain. I have put dishes in the fridge by accident and I was like oh wait a minute....something isn't right here....lol.

• a little late, but my TW yesterday is my boss. All of sudden I am having a crapload of extra work dumped on me. Things that used to be the person above me's responsibilities, are now for some reason going to be mine, and there are no extra perks/monies involved for me either. ugh.

• Hopefully he just returned them, and didn't photocopy them first! 
  • That's the hope ! It's basically all public information... but I might run my kids credit soon just in case (I monitor DHs and Mine regurally).
  • edited October 2016
    Oh dear @LaurenAshley04 !!!! That's a good sign he let you know and gave them back. Hopefully he's a good person just doing the right thing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker