January 2017 Moms

GTKY Poll: Toilet Paper

sagoonsagoon member
edited October 2016 in January 2017 Moms
It's time to find out the real nitty-gritty details about one another.  Hopefully this doesn't tear the board apart.  How do you prepare your toilet paper:  are you a folder or a baller?  Bonus question: does TP hang over the top of the roll or under the bottom?

Deep questions.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
BabyFruit Ticker

GTKY Poll: Toilet Paper 71 votes

I fold the TP neatly before use
54% 39 votes
I wad the TP into a ball before use
45% 32 votes
Special Snowflake TP user (origami?). Explanation in comment.
0% 0 votes

Re: GTKY Poll: Toilet Paper

• Over the top of the roll!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Over the top of the roll.
  • Loading the player...
  • Over the top of the roll :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Over the top
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Over the top
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• mudderbearmudderbear member
    edited October 2016
    Over the top........when it actually gets hung up eek
  • Over the top
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm one of the rare people who doesn't care which way it goes - but DH prefers it over the roll. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Over the top. No question. Isn't that even what the patent for the toilet paper holder shows?

And folded neatly. I don't trust the ball. 
  • I really have no preference over or under!!
  • Over the top!!!! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• I'm one of the rare people who doesn't care which way it goes - but DH prefers it over the roll. 
    This

Pregnancy Ticker

• Over the top. H knows the importance of this. If its under it really irritates me so I change it. Even at work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AlicjaB said:
    Over the top. H knows the importance of this. If its under it really irritates me so I change it. Even at work. 
    I have a hard time not changing it at other peoples houses
  • HAHA @mudderbear me too!! Ultimate self control 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Over.  & I'm shocked neatly folded is currently winning! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am an over the top baller, ha!

I have a friend who is an under and I always change it... she knows I do it!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Top and folded.
  • Top and folded fo' life, y'all! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• I never cared, but my mom sure does. Growing up, if I was mad at her, I'd change the TP & paper towels to under just to be a snot :D DH likes over top too. But, if you have a TP loving cat, under is the only way to maintain sanity & toilet paper.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Teach123 said:
    I don't care which way it goes. I just wish somebody else would put s new roll on besides me!
    This! Kinda. LOL. I'm a top person, but if my husband would actually put it on the roll and it was under, I'd be happy! It literally takes like 10 seconds! Come on!
  • As long as it's on the tp holder, I don't care if it's over or under. 
  • I've never noticed how we do it! Had to check and it's on the top, but it might just be how we put the roll in this time. In other TP news, I made a mistake with my Amazon subscribe-and-save and now I have about 100 toilet paper rolls in the house. Having to stash them in every available cupboard!
  • @MaryNog I never paid attention to how I put the roll on until a few years ago when I noticed a debate on facebook. After that I became much more aware of it and decided I prefer on top. My husband prefers it rolling underneath and I think a part of that has to do with being left handed (who knows it very well may not). Also, we ended up setting up our toilet paper on the dash button because I was afraid I'd lose track of the subscribe and save and end up with too much or be a week out on a delivery and need TP. I love our dash buttons.

Does anyone feel like they are going through TP super fast lately? All these bathroom trips are starting to add up.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes @carly79 ! And I know it's my fault. 

@MaryNog one less thing to have to buy in bulk later. Just blame it on nesting.
  • We don't have a toilet paper roll holder so it sits on the bathroom counter or window ledge. If I had one, it doesn't bother me over or under.
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• @aishmc yes, nesting!! GENIUS!

@Carly79 i haven't used the dash buttons yet, I'm afraid that I'd accidentally bump into them and end up with constant massive orders of stuff. It seems so convenient,  though!
  • @MaryNog that was one of my hesitations too. The TP one was the first one we got and it actually hangs on a hook that is in our closet where we keep the TP. For the laundry detergent, I ended up sticking it to the side of the washer out of the way to make sure we didn't bump it. I have one for the lotion that we use for DS and that one worries me the most because I haven't found a spot to stick it so it's in the basket in the changing table (now in the nursery) and I'm afraid I'm going to bump it when I put stuff in the basket. The best part of the dash button is that once you use it once, the button itself is free so you aren't out anything if you don't like it. We actually got the first one during Prime days where the button only cost $.99 but we still got the $4.99 back on our first order so we made $4 on the deal :) I always seemed to be running out of TP outside of target runs and I hate paying grocery store prices for TP so it works out well for us.

Pregnancy Ticker

• DD1 found our dash button for garbage bags. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time and thought I had subscribed or something. We have 5 boxes of #160 count trash bags. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• You ladies have just blown my mind with the concept of Dash Buttons and subscribe and save. I'm currently trying to convince DH why we need this in our lives. OMG we are living in the future!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• @PMForbie We resisted but decided to give it a try. Life changer!! We also do the subscribe and save for our vitamins and diapers. So nice to have it show up and not have to worry about ordering when we are almost out or getting to the store.

Pregnancy Ticker