September 2016 Moms
Options

Mastitis

omg so last night I had severe pain in my right breast and chills so bad I didn't sleep last night. I have this huge swollen lump. It hurts soooooo bad!! I was in bed all day with body aches and a fever. So I called my Dr. who said to go to the walkin clinic since they had no openings today. The NP looked at it and said " you definently have mastitis." So on top of a pain breast, sleep deprivation, and flu like symptoms I sat down and cried. Ugh breastfeeding is so difficult early on and I just keep telling myself there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Time will go back like a breeze before I know it. Anybody else get mastitis???

Re: Mastitis

• Options
    I had it about a week after delivery.  Once I took medicine I felt better within a few days but those chills were no joke! It felt like the flu. There was a lot going wrong that first week plus dealing with a newborn and then mastitis on top of it - It certainly was not fun. I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    I had it w my second child. PAIN and swelling to my collarbone and redness all the way to my chin. I couldn't move my arm without it hurting. LC said on phone  to just feed the baby on that side, warm compresses. And if no improvement to go to dr. Which I had to end up doing. Got an abx and Motrin and better in a day or two. 

Dont remember chills, just intense pain. This was 16 1/2 years ago and still one of the worst medical issues I remember ever having. 

It will get get better soon but definitely sucks right now. I'm so sorry 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jennlynn777 Sorry about the mastitis. I'll think good thoughts that it passes quickly.
  • Options

Ive got it too. I have started mix feeding with formula and i think that might have caused it. So painful but day 2 of anyibiotics seems a bit better.
  • Options
    @whathashappened After just one pill last night I already noticed a difference this morning. That tells me it must have been pretty bad!