October 2016 Moms

All things Post Partum

Re: All things Post Partum

• I just hope this carpel tunnel goes away right away. It's getting worse by the day :(

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• You poor thing @MRSCORKER! FX that it goes away super quickly!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MRSCORKER I am 6 days PP and still suffering from CT/tingly/numb fingers. I think it's because I'm still so swollen. I was also hoping it would go away immediately too! But at least now I know it has to be on its way out. 
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I just hope this carpel tunnel goes away right away. It's getting worse by the day :(
    I wrapped my wrist and hand in an ice pack this morning and it helped a little bit. I'm back to just being numb on my fingers, and less pain when I make a fist. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @bnsmith85 For me, it took about 5 days while my blood pressure was regulating for the heartburn to go away. Way better than during pregnancy though!! There's light at the end of the tunnel :) 
  • @ignoscemihi - yep the target gilligan o'mallys are the ones I have! People seem to like the H&M nursing tanks too. Lucies list has a good section on nursing clothing too. 

My milk has come in which I'm excited about (and so is baby) but I am too engorged for her :( I really don't want to break out the pump. I haven't even sanitized the parts yet. 

ETA: these Gap maternity tanks are also great for PP layering; stretchy and pulls down easy to nurse in 
    https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1050388&vid=1&pid=213660102
    @NoraAurora I was the same way, so engorged it caused latching problems. I SO wish I would've pumped because I ended up getting such sore nipples I thought I wouldn't be able to continue BFing it hurt so bad. I spoke with the LC yesterday and she suggested pumping just for a minute or two right before feeding so babe can latch better. Babe will still get everything they need from you and you can save whatever you get in that minute or so and freeze it. Just a suggestion :) the nipple pain can be unbearable if they don't latch correctly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LGW2015 that's helpful! I saw the LC today too because of a raw / bleeding nipple. The latch is no joke! 
  • NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited October 2016
    @mrscorker I had carpal tunnel badly with my first; happy to say it went away after a week or so post birth.

@kmolleltz - I'm sad to hear the heartburn hasn't eased up for you - FX it will soon! And @bnsmith85 - it may help you to hear that my heartburn improved lots after this baby was born. Not enough for me to go off pepcid but enough so that I am no longer feeling it ALL THE TIME. :)
  • Baby has lost 9% of his body weight. My milk came in 12 hours pp and he has been an eating machine so this information caught me by surprise. We are waiting to be discharged but with this news I'm not sure we will be going home today. I'm so sad for my little baby and feel bad for the ones at home that are missing their mom horribly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • honeytophoneytop member
    edited October 2016
    @Schell2013,lots of hugs your way. Am sure he is going to bounce back sooner than you can imagine <3
  • @schell2013 thinking of you! Hope he starts gaining some weight soon and that you're able to go home ASAP!
  • Thanks ladies! Today was hard. I am in so much pain from my section, I'm trying so hard to keep it together cause my oldest is so sensitive and my H is overwhelmed cause they're both worried about their mom. Plus we brought our baby home in a freaking blizzard and that itself was nerve wracking. 
  • @Schell2013 Wade's NICU doc said the 10% normal weight loss is because of mucus and stuff they have left over from being inutero being coughed and spit up and it doesn't really have to do with their nutrition. Hopefully his weight loss stops here and he starts gaining again soon! 
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @Schell2013 Wade's NICU doc said the 10% normal weight loss is because of mucus and stuff they have left over from being inutero being coughed and spit up and it doesn't really have to do with their nutrition. Hopefully his weight loss stops here and he starts gaining again soon! 
    And also meconium...my babe must've pooped about 6 times that first day alone, that adds up in something so small! Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How everyone with other children at home adjusting??
  • @serenaxo84 my oldest is doing the best and my youngest is a little more concerned. Overall though i would say their doing good!
  • DS is ok, he had a really fussy day yesterday. He's not yet two, and I think he's having a hard time with a new set of "no's" that go along with basically not being rough with the new baby, not being allowed to use her bottles, etc. In laws will be up tonight for the weekend so that will help. 
  • @schell2013 is your littlest one concerned for you or the baby? How old??

@noraaurora my DS is just 3 and that's what I am a little worried about- all the new no's! Hopefully he adjusts soon. My sister has a hard time with her 4 year old being too rough with the baby- I told her to give her jobs but it doesn't seem to help! 
  • @serenaxo84 she is 2, she is just out of sorts. It doesn't help I had a c section and she can't sit on my lap.

Anyone else hips and ribs hurt worse right now than when we were pregnan? Right now mine hurt worse than my c section incision. 

• NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited October 2016
    All that hurts is my boobs and vag. 

@serenaxo84- it is hard but he is adjusting slowly. The really good thing is that he isnt taking his frustrations out on the baby or blaming her. In fact he seems to adore her. He wants to "hold" her (with lots of close help obv), gives her hugs and kisses, and offers her his toy trucks (his most prized possessions!). So its not all bad. 
  • @serenaxo84 my 3 year old is having a rough time adjusting. He has been acting out lately, I think it's the lack attention since the baby has been home. My 9 year old has been a huge help and so caring. He has been helping me around the house with extra chores and making sure I dont need anything. Especially since my husband is back to work. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenaxo84 she is 2, she is just out of sorts. It doesn't help I had a c section and she can't sit on my lap.

Anyone else hips and ribs hurt worse right now than when we were pregnan? Right now mine hurt worse than my c section incision. 

That happened to me. They said it was due to gas. It went away quickly. They told me to move around and take stool softeners and to avoid gas causing foods for a couple days.
  • @Schell2013 agreed on the hips/ribs pain. In generally all other areas of my torso hurt more than my incision... 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • So I have kind of a direct/weird question for all you ladies that have had babies already and delivered vaginally....how bad is the pain down there really? I live on the 3rd floor of an apt so I can only imagine what doing the stairs is going to feel like when we come home from the hospital.  Does it constantly kill?? Or is it just bad for a few days and then gradually better? 
  • I'm basically dying of need to poop. (I pooped yesterday. But today it hasn't happened) 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @kmyers228 I am 9 days PP and still have soreness down there. BUT I was surprised how much It got better in the two days before I left the hospital. I have two flights of stairs where live and haven't had any trouble. (although one night I was so sleep deprived I was pretty sure I was going to trip down.)

I'm a FTM and had a 2nd degree tear, FYI. 
  • Thanks @jennielu, just trying to mentally prep:smile: :
  • @kmyers228- I had a small tear, and am 7 days PP. The pain isn't severe enough to affect stairs or walking. Tell your OB about your concerns though and ask for both Rx ibuprofen as well as vicodin or percocet before you discharge from the hospital just in case. 
  • @kmyers228 I had a first degree tear and am currently 5 days pp. I never once had to use pain killers or even ibuprofen (even in the hospital). I could feel a little bit of uncomfortableness but even that went away yesterday. 
  • Cheeses H. Krist... If these fucking feelz don't stop I'm going to ge die of dehydration from all the "I don't even know why I'm ugly crying" tears.

@serenaxo84 LO is 14-months, and although he definitely hates the new "no, don't, stops", he is also very affectionate towards the baby. He pats his head, kisses him, lays his head against the baby's, and is generally quite sweet. There is acting out towards US, but he already started that shortly before Johnny was born, and he is at "that age" so it was to be expected.

@kmyers228 I personally had a vaginal birth and was discharged and out and about 22 hours later. Although I didn't have a choice, I made it around surprisingly well.

• @kmyers228 This was my 2nd, I had a small episiotomy.  Not sure what "degree" it's considered since I didn't technically tear, but it was where the scar tissue from my 2nd degree tear that I got when delivering my first.  I was sore for the first couple days, nothing major.  Pooping the first time was a little terrifying though.  It didn't hurt really, but I was scared about the stitches tearing.  I don't even know if that's a possibility.  I stopped taking the ibuprofin around 5-6 days postpartum.  Mainly the bleeding and wearing pads are annoying, but it's not too bad.

@serenaxo84 I'm with everyone else, the "no's" are what bother my little girl the most and often ends in tantrums.  When she asks to hold the baby, she wants to hold him NOW, regardless of if he's sleeping, crying, eating, etc.  And I think sharing the attention has been hard.  But she absolutely loves him, and kisses and hugs him all the time, so that's what matters most to me.  My husband goes back to work tomorrow, I'm a little scared of the shit show that's about to happen when I'm flying solo.

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • +1 for these stupid hormones. I am a walking ball of tears. 
  • @AllyTheKid same here I think I cried more this past week than my whole pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmyers228 - FTM here with third degree tearing. I was surprised because for the first 3-4 days my stitches/wound didn't hurt, but I was so SORE. Like I just took a 100 mile bike ride. I think I may have been bruised from the forceps. 

The tear is healing fairly well. Yesterday and today have been a little more tender. I've been using the sitz bath, Dermoplast, and Tucks pretty religiously. I'm still on a high dose of IB Profun because I'm having trouble with engorgement and trying to keep the swelling down.

I would say RE steps: I thought I was doing fine the first couple days, but noticed an increase in bleeding and being out of breath recently. It's an ebb and a flow. Your body just has to stabilize to the new activities. 

• Another related FTM question. How will the first time having sex be? I know it'll be quite a while still but I'm already dreading it. . . 
  • Thanks for the info ladies! You all actually made me feel a bit better about it :smile:
  • jennielu said:
    Another related FTM question. How will the first time having sex be? I know it'll be quite a while still but I'm already dreading it. . . 
    For me with DS it was totally fine. Things felt a little tighter than normal (maybe leftover swelling?) but just take it easy, have some wine and try not to stress about it. 
  • jennielu said:
    Another related FTM question. How will the first time having sex be? I know it'll be quite a while still but I'm already dreading it. . . 
    My friend said it hurt  :#