Pregnant after IF

***3rd Trimester Check-in/Week of October 10th***

Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
edited October 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What do you love about being pregnant right now?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy
@Griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with a little boy
@Drove2u EDD 1/4/17 with a little girl

Re: ***3rd Trimester Check-in/Week of October 10th***

• Hi ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend and are doing well! This is my last week leading the check in and @mskeenan will take over next week. I am scheduled to deliver my little girl this week due to her being breech so this week I'll be finishing up on my last minute to-dos. I have my last OB follow up and NST this week as well so I'm preparing for a busy but productive week. 

QOTW: I love my baby bump and finally looking like a mom-to-be. I love when my hubby holds my stomach and have conversations with our daughter. He's so excited and I can't wait to see him be a father to her. 
  • How excited that you get to meet your LO this week @jerseygirl856!

All is well here, met my midwife last week whom seems lovely. She had tons of questions and is trying to read my journal in Norwegian. Thankfully the languages are both Germanic so with some imagination and google translate she will be ok.
    I got scheduled for quite some bloodwork as NL wants more info than Norway did. They also will tell me my babies blood type this week as I am A- and the donor is positive. In Norway they give me medication after the birth in NL they do that during pregnancy.
    I have an ultrasound tomorrow. As its my 35th week and they want to be sure she is laying the way she should with no complications. This due to the fact it will be a home delivery.
    I see my midwife again on Thursday and have to remember to ask if the trainee will be there at the birth too.

I had a pregnancy massage today which was the best! Just laying on my tummy was awesome!

QOTW: Definitely the bump. Even though it makes things twice as hard I can't stop staring at it. I love it! Just knowing my baby is growing in there, that I finally did it! I love it how my family reacts on the bump, how excited everyone is. How my 7 year old niece tells me that as soon the baby is born she will come over with her doll and do everything I do :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @tvh1982 sounds like you and your midwife are off to a good start, thankfully. How exciting is it that you are in the home street at 35 weeks. That pregnancy massage sounds amazing, I so wish I was able to get one. If I may ask, if your LO has changed position, does that mean you can't deliver at home or will they try to rotate the baby befire you deliver?
  • @jerseygirl856 It is so exciting that you have the birth date scheduled and you have only few days left to meet your little one ! I am looking forward to hearing your updates ! 
    Has anyone heard from @Piperella ? I hope she and her little one are doing great.

I do not have much to report, everything is going well, except the I cannot sleep at nights. I was feeling lucky because I do not get up many times to pee but now I just wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep. I guess I am getting ready for the sleepless nights. I also have an u/s this week (at 35 weeks) to check the position and size of the baby. I am so excited.

QOTW: I love feeling the baby movements and kicks, we sing and talk to her and it almost feels like we can communicate which is an amazing feeling. 
  • If she has changed back they might manual flip her back. 
    But as I have an exterior placenta I'm not sure they'll try as it's apparently more difficult to do so @jerseygirl856.
    But she was head down 3 weeks ago, and still like that on Tuesday. So I doubt she moved back as she was already very low, just not yet 'stuck'. 
    'worse case' she flipped back and then I'll have to deliver at the hospital as they won't risk it (or even plan a c-section as the placenta might be in the way) 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Hi all. Nice to see some familiar "faces" here. Can you please add me to the board? Edd is Jan 4, 2017 with one girl. 
    Pregnancy has been pretty easy for me so far. I will be 28 weeks this Wednesday. And I have my sugar test this Friday. So far I have appreciated every moment of pregnancy but I also have been feeling good so that helps ha!

• Hey girls, 32 weeks this week. I find it odd that I'm now starting to plan things around the birth of my son. I had to schedule a 6 week follow appt for DD today putting us at thanksgiving  and actually got to say "sorry, I have to do that week, I'm due to give birth shortly thereafter" Lol. No appts this week. DH noticed that while I was away for a few days, my bump got bigger  ;)

QOTW: yes, this bump has stolen our hearts, especially mine. Knowing that this is my last pregnancy ever (no embryos left), I'm embracing every second of it, good & bad. The best is yet to come.  <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @tvh1982 I hope your LO remains head down and everything goes as planned with your delivery. 
    @ZoeFer it is exciting and I'm a little anxious as the thought of being awake while having surgery scares me. Sorry to hear you can't sleep at night. I sometimes find myself up after a bathroom and it's so exhausting when your trying to get through the day off limited sleep. 
  • @Jerseygirl856 I'm pumped for your LO's arrival so soon! I hope you can learn to relax leading up to your CS, although I totally understand your concerns & would probably feel the saaaaaame way  :#
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thanks @capps42613! I'm definitely going to try
  • Morningstar80Morningstar80 member
    edited October 2016
    Hi ladies. I'm at 39 weeks today. @Jerseygirl856 I'm so excited you get to meet your LO this week!

I have nothing to report. No signs of impending labor. But my mom is here from the States so I'll finally be able to get some last minute things organized. 

QOTW: I'm loving how healthy my hair is and I think the shinyness will go away and the split ends will return once my LO makes his debut.
  • Hi ladies! We went out to CA this weekend for our shower b/c all of our family is out there. We had a great time but I am exhausted still! No appointments until Monday but I still feel good which is nice. I start my every 2 week appointments which makes everything that much more real. 

QOTW: I love feeling him move and hearing DH talk to my belly. It's still so surreal sometimes but I'm just trying to enjoy every minute of this!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO is still heads down @jerseygirl856
    So far down that they couldn't measure her head. It's unlikely she'll flip back (but of course not 100% guaranteed)

It was great seeing her again (asked them to check if she is still a she ;) ) even though I only got to see parts. Funny how they no longer fit in one image!
    Shes measuring two weeks behind, but as my midwife has all the papers they didn't know if she always did or if she stopped her growspurt.
    Im not too worried though as my siblings and I were tiny babies too :smile:

• @tvh1982 yayyy for head down and healthy baby!! I m having my u/s today .
    It s middle of the night here and there is no way i can sleep. I also got a cold yesterday , now having sore throat :( best thing to have at 35 weeks i suppose
  • Hate the sleepless nights! I can deal with having to pee, or waking up from heartburn, but the just laying there sucks.
    Hope you got some sleep in the end, and that your cold soon passes by @zoefer.
    Enjoy looking at your LO today!

• So happy to hear that @tvh1982! Your baby girl may be ready to meet you sooner rather than later! My MFM doctor explained that meaurements vary as we get further along and as long as they measure within 2 weeks of GA, they are not too concerned. I can't wait to hear your update when your LO arrives. Home births are so intriguing to me. 

@zoefer hope you feel better soon and can get some sleep. 
  • @Jerseygirl856 So happy & excited for you. Best of luck. Can't wait to see her  :)
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thanks ladies, u/s went well today. Baby is head down and everything is normal. I didnt go to work today and just rested so it helped. But having a cold and cough is not fun. Though i do not feel as miserable as last night, hope i can sleep better tonight.
    @jerseygirl856 best of luck with your delivery, hope everything is going smoothly!
  • Have the best day ever today @jerseygirl856! Finally you get to meet her!

Happy to hear us went well @zoefer. Hope you won't read this message before its morning at your place!

• Hey ladies !! Sorry I am late to check in this week ! 
    34 weeks over here . I'll lead next week . I'm dealing with some pretty significant swelling in my feet and legs that is making it hard to walk . I have pitting edema in one foot (when I press it it doesn't go back for awhile ) so I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to get checked out . I've been monitoring my blood pressure because I have read this level of swelling is a concern when BP is high or when you have a headache . So far BP is normal and no headaches so that is a blessing . Other than that I am good ! Planning on packing my hospital bag and finishing the nursery this weekend . Also doing a labor and delivery class on Sunday . 

QOTW: I just love knowing a miracle is growing inside me . I never thought it could happen for me so just the fact that there is something living in me just amazes me. His kicks are the best reassurance that he's ok ! 

@jerseygirl856 I am so excited for an update ! I know you are busy having a new baby lol but cannot wait to hear how everything went and know how y'all are doing !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Congratulations @Jerseygirl856 ! I am so happy to hear that you and your little one are doing well.
  • Congrats @jerseygirl856 ! Praying for a speedy recovery for you ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @Jerseygirl856 - congrats! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl. Praying for speedy recovery :blush:
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jerseygirl856 congrats, relax, & enjoy baby Leigh :)
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Well done @jerseygirl856! You are a trooper! Enjoy having a little family xoxo

• Random question ladies - I was expecting my doc/midwife to start examining my cervix as I near my due date . I asked my doc yesterday about when they would start measuring and she said they don't do cervical exams before baby comes unless I go past my due date or there is some type of issue . I was surprised bc everyone I have known to give birth was told weekly if they had started to dilate near the end . Anyone else's doc not doing this ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Mine doesn't @mskeenan. They wait until you start your contractions.
    Unless you have regular Brixton Hicks or have a short cervix, they might check before.

• Thanks @tvh1982 just wanted to make sure they weren't gonna miss anything haha . My doc just basically said there was no point 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan i had my 35 w appointment this week and asked the same question to my dr. Because i thought they were going to start cervical check but he said they dont start until later in the pregnancy but didnt specify when they start. He checked mine before once when i had told that i was feeling pressure down but they do not check regularly.