January 2016 Moms

(Belated) Weekly Fitness Check In 10.11

maureenmcemaureenmce member
edited October 2016 in January 2016 Moms
Hi all!  Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.  I started work on a new TV show on Sunday and had to do a 13 hour night shoot for my first "day" and I was uh, DEEPLY exhausted yesterday.  I didn't lose any weight when I weighed myself yesterday, but it may have been the lack of sleep.  Hoping to catch up with weight loss during the rest of this week, which will (thankfully) not be nearly as crazy, hours wise!

How are you all doing?  I'm excited that I'm 4 pounds down since I started this, and I'm going to be looking ahead to 5 pound mini goals as I move forward, to celebrate my momentum, instead of beating myself up for it being slow.  Looking forward to hearing from you all!

SW: 215 
CW: 211
Mini goal - 210
Pre preg: 185
Long term: 150

Re: (Belated) Weekly Fitness Check In 10.11

• Starting weight: 226
    Current weight: 215
    Short-term goal: 199
    Long-term goal: 185

Well my scale is pretty consistently saying in weigh 215 and my husband's weight on it hasn't changed dramatically, so I am going to go ahead and use that as my current weight, which means I'm below my pre-prwgnanxy weight and I get to change my mini goal to 199!

Also, I got a fitbit for my birthday yesterday. I only got about 5500 steps yesterday because we were not in our normal routine, but I'm looking forward to having that to help motivate me. Food wise... well, I'll have some work to do to make up for the celebrations :) 
  • Congrats, @mamadcb!  So exciting to be able to move on to your next goal!
  • Loading the player...
  • Decided to join weight watchers to help me get my eating on track. Gained a pound last week because I was stressed at work and stress = lots of sweets. Really really hoping to start making progress soon. I started the program Saturday and have already lost a pound, so hopefully I can keep that up!

Starting weight: 144
    Current weight: 144
    Goal weight: 138
  • SW: 225
    CW: 177
    Mini Goal: 170
    Long term: 149

Well, I forgot that Monday was Thanksgiving which meant calorie counts went wayyyy WAY out the window during our family dinner on Sunday. Oh well. It's a new week and I'm mostly back on track. SO is also helping by eating all my mint girl guide cookies, so that temptation will be removed by tomorrow...
  • SW: 193 (weight at my postpartum visit)
    CW: 168
    Mini goal - 150
    Long term: 140

I have really been trying to up my water intake here in the last week, I am peeing every 5 minutes so that is annoying lol.  To jumpstart my weight loss I have gone back to doing protein shakes most of the day and a small dinner at night.  Surprisingly I feel BETTER doing my shakes during the day the past few weeks, and the protein helps you feel fuller for longer amounts of time.

I haven't cut out beer/wine though I don't drink a lot by any means, but typically in the evenings I will have one beer or glass of wine.
  • Starting Weight: 206
    Current Weight: 177
    Mini Goal: 175
    Long Term Goal: 160

I FINALLY lost another pound this week after over two weeks of no movement on the scale. I've been so frustrated because I have been eating perfectly AND working out. My husband keeps telling me I need to "confuse" my metabolism, and just have one binge day. I resisted. Then, last night I gave in to a sugar craving and shared a box of milk duds with my husband. I seriously haven't had sugar in months. Lo and behold, I stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm down a pound. My husband laughed and said, "told ya!" 
    I know I need to be patient with my weight loss. But it's still frustrating when I put in SO much work, and the results seem minimal (scale wise). I just need to tell myself that I FEEL better, all of my clothes are fitting, and I look good (dang it!). These last 15 pounds or so will eventually come off if I just keep at it!
  • Starting weight: can't remember if I said 133 or 127 I started getting seriously at 133 but think I was 127 when this thread started? 
    Current weight: 121
    goal weight: 120

my eating could be better as always but it's decent for the most part, this is week 10 of consistently working out Monday-Friday. I'm excited because I'm finally below my pre pregnancy weight which makes me feel closer to ready for another baby! lol if you're looking for a workout program I strongly recommend T25, it's through beachbody. I def do not do any of that selling or coaching or whatever it is or their nutrition plans or anything but I have had awesome results with the workouts! It's only 25 mins a day! 
  • kaym6 said:
    Starting weight: can't remember if I said 133 or 127 I started getting seriously at 133 but think I was 127 when this thread started? 
    Current weight: 121
    goal weight: 120

my eating could be better as always but it's decent for the most part, this is week 10 of consistently working out Monday-Friday. I'm excited because I'm finally below my pre pregnancy weight which makes me feel closer to ready for another baby! lol if you're looking for a workout program I strongly recommend T25, it's through beachbody. I def do not do any of that selling or coaching or whatever it is or their nutrition plans or anything but I have had awesome results with the workouts! It's only 25 mins a day! 
    Nice work! Congratulations on your progress and it's very exciting that you're only one pound from your goal weight!! Keep it up, shred that pound, and enjoy the success!
  • @l4rk thanks! I love this check in it has definatrly made me more accountable except for earlier when I was eating cookies while posting! lol 
  • I haven't really lost any weight. I actually think i need to eat more. I usually eat a decent breakfast because if i don't i feel like crap all day. I work in a kitchen and believe it or not i don't have much appetite at work. Or I'll graze, as in dip fries in the cheese sauce. I need to just forcr myself to eat a salad. I've also had a big dig in milk supply and that could have something to do with it. Then i get home and I'm ravenous, the baby needs me and i have to figure out dinner. I need to do more meal prep. I love my husband, but anytime i try to have a conversation with him about handling dinner once or twice a week he makes a joke out of it
  • Oh! I took babe for a walk in the stroller. I don't think I've ever been this out of shape. I need to get my butt moving!