January 2017 Moms

Symptoms w/o 10/10:

Whatcha feeling this week?

Re: Symptoms w/o 10/10:

• My uterus is currently SO HUGE that my 10+/ hour BH are now affecting my diaphragm and I can't breathe through them- cool! (Sarcasm) 

Reflux burps are the freaking nastiest, I'm not sure how I manage to not barf all day  :s

Good though- I realized over the weekend that my hair has grown like 5" in a couple of months! Def not the prenatals, I've been on them for 3+ years, these hormones are killing the hair game for me lol! 
  • Mostly more of the same: puking, heartburn and reflux. I still have yet to find something that helps with any of those things.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The belching...I totally thought it was over after the 1st trimester, but it is now back! O_O it's really embarrassing lol. 

Having to pee everytime I stand up...*sigh* I'm not ready for this part :P 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • @TinaBelcher I used to be able to get away with coloring my hair like every 7 months but I was doing it yesterday and realized I have like a solid 4 inches of root showing and I had it colored at 10 weeks so thanks hormones? 

DD had some vax done yesterday then was up and down all night (TDAP for one so I think she was sore, I know I always am afterwards) and it's become super apparent that lifting her in and out of her crib with this belly is only going to get more and more impossible. 
  • @tinabelcher my fingernails are growing out of control - I have to clip and file them every week when I used to be able to let them go 2-3 weeks and like you I've been on prenatals for 3 years so it has to be the hormones! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Ughh I've had this pain in my lower belly on the right side only seems to get better when I sit but is super painful when I'm walking or standing, really anything besides sitting. I was trying to wait it out hoping it was RLP or gas or something but it gets better and then worse when I press on it and is starting to worry me. I called the office line today and a nurse called back and asked me to come in today to see a pa. I'm so nervous, I wasn't nervous until they asked me to come in, I'm sure it's a precaution but it's still scary!
  • @LeahNicole I like when they err on the side of caution and have me come in. It helps give me peace of mind instead of wondering if they really understood what was going on over the phone. It definitely worries me when I think they are going to say one thing and then say something else. A week ago or so I had a scare and called and expected them to have me come in, they ended up sending me to labor and delivery to be checked out. Definitely had me nervous to have to go to Labor and Delivery but then I realized that it worked out better because they have everything, I could stay in one room, and I was in and out much quicker than I probably would have been at the doctors office. Plus I felt better about everything. FX for you to get some answers.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @LeahNicole I hope they can give you some answers today and everything checks out okay! Keep us updated!

The heart burn has definitely kicked in. Tums do a pretty good job of keeping it in check right now, but I remember I got to a point with DS that nothing seemed to help it. 

The hornones are out out of control right now! I cried on Sunday when my SIL posted a picture of her and my niece before she went to the hospital to have her second baby. I started thinking of the last picture I'll take with DS before this baby is born and how he won't be the only child anymore and just lost it. Then we emptied our storage unit and all of the baby stuff went into the new nursery and I sat in the rocking chair and cried again just picturing bringing home the new baby and all of the time I will spend in that rocking chair with him. 

I don't remember being this weepy with my first, but thankfully my husband is just letting me have my moments and doesn't think I'm completely crazy yet!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies. I'm relieved they want me to come in, I'd rather be safe then sorry for sure!
  • Mostly the same fatigue I've been feeling for the past few months. I've decided to just give in - I go into work later than usual and don't try to be a hero around the house. 
  • @leahnicole I had a similar pain and the doctor had me come in. It turns out the baby's head was pressed against an already stretched ligament. She eventually moved and the pain went away! FX everything is fine with you!

So I've been getting pretty much a migraine a day for the past week. Like vision goes and I need to lay in a dark room migraine. I've called the doctors three times and they're not super concerned because the migraines go away and Tylenol helps relieve them a bit. I'm glad it's nothing serious but I've had to leave work twice now. I'm trying to up my water intake a ton as they think it could be caused by dehydration. 

I never had had reoccuring migraines before this week so it's really caught me out of the blue. Wah
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay87 oh well that gives me some comfort. It feels like that's what it could be, it feels like a cramp you get from working out too much. Thanks! 
  • @LeahNicole exactly how it felt for me. I was in so much pain I couldn't walk! 

Keep us updated! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yea exactly, I can't even sit up straight without pain. I am pretty sure DH thinks I'm just being whiny but it really hurts. Did they do an US for you or just tell you that's what they suspected? 
  • On Friday night, I finally got comfortable cuddling with DH... until I realized I was stuck. It took me forever to get up and I was so out of breath afterwards. DH could not stop laughing. I guess I need to be more careful of my seating choices. 

I feel like I could vomit or eat everything in my sight. Rarely is there any inbetween lately. 

His movement isn't helping my nausea and it's causing a lot of rib pain. DH had to make dinner on Sunday night because I couldn't even move off the couch. I broke two ribs last year and the pain felt very similar. It really sucked.

Otherwise, Braxton Hicks suck, my boobs hurt, my ankles are still swelling, and I have to pee every half hour. At least I finally hit the third trimester! 
  • newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited October 2016
    anyone else been getting "lightning crotch"? (or whatever you want to call it--just a sharp pain in the crotch region--lovely) I've read that this usually doesn't happen until a little later in the third tri, but I mentioned it to the OB today and she didn't seem concerned (and checked my cervix just in case and all was good and closed). 

ETA: I'm assuming it's caused by the baby's head pushing on some nerves. Insane to me that the baby is long enough to simultaneously use my ribs as one of those weight lifting things at the gym you push on with your legs to strengthen your quads ahhhhh
  • @LeahNicole they listened to the baby's heartbeat, did an internal exam (I guess to make sure my cervix was still closed and I wasn't in labor) and then felt around my stomach, noting where the sore spots were. The doctor could pretty much feel what was the baby's head so it was pretty clear to her what the problem was.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @newyearsbaby5 I've been getting it this week too. Not terribly but here and there. I know baby is sitting low based on where I can feel her so I'm sure she's pushing on a nerve.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I've started to get BH this past weekend and holy hell they are painful! I never got them with my DD so I freaked out yesterday when I had 15 over the course of a few hours. I called my doctor who told me it was normal but if I get 6 in 1 hour or they start to have a pattern associated with them that I need to go in. 

Other than that, I've been trying to fight off a sinus infection that I've felt coming on. My DH is going out of town this weekend so I'm hoping I start feeling better soon and my body cools it with the BH so I can survive taking care of my DD without feeling like death. 

@Leahnicole FX everything goes well for you today! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Sounds like we're all entering the uncomfortable phases of pregnancy - oh goodie (sarcasm). 

I've been having rib pain or RLP here & there, but nothing too bad yet.  Anytime I walk around I feel like I have to pee. My skin is still freaking out on me.  My biggest annoyance of the moment is uncomfortable sleep! I toss and turn and my back aches and I just wake up more frustrated than rested. I thought I had solved the problem since I was sleeping better for a bit, but apparently not.  :s
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Braxton hicks are getting more frequent. If I am moving a lot and twisting a lot, or I'm sitting and my bladder is super full as soon as I get up I feel a contraction. Last night it freaked me out because I got like 3 within an hour, I told my husband if it happened again I was going to call my midwife! Thankfully laying down with some water made it go away and not happen again!

But yeh, it's most days but usually a couple hours apart. Very annoying. It makes me do the 'pregnancy waddle' when I'm walking... lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So baby boy was kicking REALLY hard last night and caught the edge of my hip twice and today the same spot feels super tender like it's bruised. I think he bruised my hip bone from the inside! Ninja baby needs to chill.
  • @kelseyh62 I'm having so much trouble sleeping too.  I fall asleep okay and then as soon as I wake up to pee, I can't fall back asleep.  There is just no position that's comfortable.

So much hip pain and lower belly pain.  My belly support band helps but doesn't prevent it.  Also, I had a horrible charlie horse this morning and my calf is still sore this afternoon.  Ugh.

@hayhay87 I'm so sorry for the daily migraines.  Glad you can get some relief from them, but hopefully they go away completely soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hayhay87 how long before your pain went away. They listened to baby's HB, measured me and did an internal exam. She said could be infection so I gave a urine specimen. Hopefully there is no infection and it's just RLP. She said it could likely be the ligaments stretching but from  gyn standpoint there isn't much more they can do because baby is doing well. I don't know how long I can stand this pain when I walk, it has me crumpled over sometimes. Ugh I'm resting today, hopefully if she is just in a certain spot she moves soon!
  • @LeahNicole ah I forgot I gave a urine sample too! It came back all clear. 

I went to the doctors on Friday and she must have shifted by Sunday evening as the pain started easing. It was a weekend of constant pain and hoping (including skipping my friends 30th). I'm sorry you're going through it! I'm glad baby is okay, but I know how you feel. They told me the only thing I could do was take Tylenol. Here's hoping the pain starts easing up soon for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ashanne88 the hip pain omg!! My left hip is so bad, when I lay on that side and lift my hips to adjust it feels like my leg might fall right off  :s
  • Thanks! That's what they told me too, tylenol. I work 12 hr shifts and I work tomorrow so I'm hoping it starts to ease up overnight or something! Thanks for all your advice! 
  • Ladies I'm right there with you all in being so uncomfortable!! My deal is SPD and pain in my pubic bone and groin.ive had it since about 16 weeks and it's getting worse. Chiro hasn't helped. I can't move without so much effort. Has anyone found any treatment to help with this type of pain?
  • @underthesea I had this with my first son and it was so awful. The only thing that helped slightly was sleeping with a pillow in between my legs. I also had a support belt that also helped slightly, but never found anything that took the pain away completely. 

• @nolemomma14 I have a pregnancy pillow and it helps some but sleeping on my side really aggravates it even with the pillow in there. Sleeping feels like lose-lose situation for me. I had this pain toward the very end of my pregnancy last time around and after she was born for about a year. I had pelvis trauma during her birth. I think my pelvis is just so messed up!
  • @underthesea sleeping was definitely a lose lose when I had it. After DS was born I had terrible siatica pain the lasted a couple of months. So far I haven't had SPD with this one but the pelvic pain is still there. Hope you can find some relief soon!
  • @LeahNicole Not sure if you are familiar with yoga poses but try Cat and cow pose. Basically you get on all 4's and raise and lower your pelvis. It's a pose that's taught to help get/keep baby in optimal birthing position but it may help to get baby to move. I also don't have any idea when it's too early to check out spinning babies but those are methods used to get baby to move from breach to head down so again, may help get baby to move for you.

If it's RLP, I have found that my chiropractor (trained in the Webster technique) has helped with that. Yesterday she commented that my round ligaments were tight so she worked on them for a little while.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I had a few hours of BH yesterday and I casually mentioned it to DH when he called from work and he flipped out. Like FLIPPED. Asking if he needed to come home and totally spazzing out. I finally sent him a screenshot of my contraction timer like "see, they're all over the place, varying in intensity and length and closeness." But I was really just like "DUDE. We've done this before and this is NOTHING compared to the BH I had towards the end last time" Last time around 37 weeks I had 10 hours of contractions, lasting a minute each and coming every 5 minutes and he was totally chill about it until I finally was like "I'm calling my doctor" so I was shocked that the casual mention of erratic BH freaked him out so much. 
    Basically note to self: don't mention BH or false labor to DH until I'm sure it's the real thing.  
  • @katesmama0706 Do you have a recommendation for a contraction app? The one I used last time sucked and was more confusing than helpful. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @emy730 I downloaded one called Contraction Timer by James Ots. I thought it was the same one I used last time, which was free, had an option to email my tracked data to my doctor and had a sticky function so I could stop and start contactions without fully opening the app and interrupting what I was doing. It's not the same one, but it's worked pretty well so far. Push start and stop and it tells you duration and time between which is really all I'm looking for. 
  • My tail bone has been killing me, it is only when I sit in a certain chair type in the conference rooms and I am dying.

I've also had some pretty terrible neck/shoulder pain. I need a massage.
  • TMI but I have been so gassy lately.... burps and farts. I miss pooping. I am watching what I eat, make sure to eat an activia a day, I even take colace here & there and nothing seems to really help. I know I would feel much better all around if I could just go to the bathroom one good time! I feel so big and bloated. 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• TMI but I have been so gassy lately.... burps and farts. I miss pooping. I am watching what I eat, make sure to eat an activia a day, I even take colace here & there and nothing seems to really help. I know I would feel much better all around if I could just go to the bathroom one good time! I feel so big and bloated. 
    Have you tried benefiber? It's worked wonders for me! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• AmRe214 said:
    My tail bone has been killing me, it is only when I sit in a certain chair type in the conference rooms and I am dying.

I've also had some pretty terrible neck/shoulder pain. I need a massage.
    Something similar started happening to me! It's not exactly my tailbone, it's my ass muscle (gluteus??)! And it's  only on my office chair, on which I sit for hours at a time. Whenever I stand up I get a cramp and need to pose in a weird way to get it to go away. So weird!