April 2016 Moms
Options

Hurricane Matthew

Hey mamas! 

I know some of you are feeling the effects of hurricane Matthew right now. 

For my area, they imposed a curfew from 10pm last night until 7am Saturday morning. So, we are on lock down.

Right now, I still have power and cable so I am able to track what's going on. We've got water, radios, candles, board games, etc. and plenty of stuff for LO to keep him entertained in the event that we have a black out. 

I pray that we all get through Matthew safely and soundly.

If you have any updates or info on the hurricane that you would like to share feel free...

Re: Hurricane Matthew

• Options
    We barely got hit TBH. I have friends in the Jacksonville area and it is BAD up there.
  • Options
    @linzoirv Hope you and your family have an easy day with no damage to your property. They lifted our warning last night like "oh nevermind" after having us panic all week long as though the world might end. It barely drizzled. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Missingchampagne They lifted our curfew as well around 2pm today. Very easy day; no damage whatsoever to our property either. 

@Knottie9983816 I've seen some footage from St. Augustine. It looks horrible! 
  • Options
    @linzoirv Yeah I'm lucky to not be that far north bound, orthat close to the coast for that matter. I actually know someone who's house had a tree fall through their roof last night. It's crazy because it basically just rained all day here.
  • Options
    I work in Jacksonville,  and the damage is bad, especially at the beaches. where I live though is a little further inland so we didnt have any flooding problems.  But there are a lot of downed trees. Luckily none of the trees came down in our yard, thats what I was mostly worried about. We were without pwer for almost 24 hours, which isnt too bad compared to others. Ultimately I feel that we were incredibly lucky, because it could have been a lot worse. If the hurricane had shifted east and  made landfall, damage would have been catastrophic. 
  • Options
    @loveymay glad you're safe.

I'm in the Tampa area and we didn't really feel the effects of it. Very grateful that it didn't shift east and impact more of Florida. 
  • Options
    @loveymay Glad you are safe as well!