January 2017 Moms

Tmi, help? Discharge question

Tmi, sorry for that but I'm having a ton of very watery discharge. I'm having the normal discharge also. It's been 6yrs since I was pregnant and can't remember if this is normal or if I should be concerned.:( I was just sitting on the couch and stood up to go take a shower and my underwear were completely soaked thru. I put on a liner and am drinking water and resting now. I figured I'd wait a little bit and then if it continues call the dr. I just wondered what you ladies about the same gestation 27weeks are experiencing. Thank you

Re: Tmi, help? Discharge question

• I think with the watery discharge and that much of it I would probably call the doctor to at least ask what they think. Always better safe than sorry. I know my discharge changes off and on but I would not describe it as watery. Even if it doesn't continue, I'd want to make sure everything is ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'd call your doctor. I know excessive discharge is a common pregnancy symptom but that seems like a bit much. Better safe than sorry. I hope it's nothing but keep is posted!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @becid24 I would call them - it's a really easy test to check for amniotic fluid and it's worth it for the peace of mind. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• My OB said if I had anything other than urine (identified by ammonia smell) that soaked through my underwear to come in. I would for sure call my doctor. It's always better to get unnecessarily checked out than be worrying! Let us know how it goes! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Just give a quick call for peace of mind. And give us an update!
  • Peace of mind is everything--definitely call if you're concerned. I was having some cramping/contractions yesterday morning which freaked me out so I finally called in the afternoon and was seen this morning. I felt silly coming in (everything is fine!) and was just caused by overactivity/dehydration but peace of mind is totally worth it.  Call! 
  • I'd also call just to be safe, especially given the amount. 

I've been having a good amount of watery discharge, though it's never enough to actually soak through my underwear. I mentioned it to my MW at my last appointment (when I was getting checked out for possible contractions/early labor), and she wasn't concerned. Lately I'm thinking it might actually be a little bit of urine leaking after I use the bathroom. I definitely plan on bringing it up again at my next appointment, and will ask if they can test whether it's fluid, discharge, urine, etc. 
  • I constantly had that during my last pregnancy, but later on, starting between 32-35 weeks. I agree with previous replies- just call. If you make an apt they can take a sample and test it for your peace of mind.
  • Yep, give a call to see if they want you to come in.  Last pregnancy I had a similar issue and they tested at the appointment to see if amniotic fluid was leaking.  It was early, maybe around this time, so they didn't think it would be but they tested just to make sure.  It turned out fine in my case, but I was glad I had the peace of mind afterwards.  I remember thinking the same thing - it definitely wasn't pee and was watery, not like normal discharge.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

• I had symptoms like that about a month ago and they had me checked for a possible leakage of amniotic fluid, but it ended up being a yeast infection! I had absolutely no symptoms. Now that that has been treated, not leaking as much, so definitely get it checked out.
  • Good luck and keep us updated!
  • Thank you everyone. I laid down and have slept on and off all day. I haven't noticed it again so I'm hoping it was a fluke. If it happens again I'll call the dr and go in for sure. 
  • One of the symptoms my dr asked me to look out for was watery discharge. So your dr might want to know about it, even if it turns out to be nothing to be concerned about. I'm glad you haven't noticed it again, but maybe you could at least let your dr know you had this symptom? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah I'd probably call even though it seems to have stopped. Like others, when I've had frequent Braxton hicks, etc, the midwife always says..."change in vaginal discharge?" Fingers crossed for you
  • I agree that you should still call anyway.  The doctor at my last appt made a point to ask if I was having any watery discharge and say they wanted to know about it if/when I do.
    Hopefully it's nothing!
  • Ok I'll call in the morning when they open and talk to the nurse. Thanks again
  • Definitely get it checked out! I had the same thing and if I hadn't gone in when I did then I would've lost this pregnancy at 21 weeks. It turned out it was amniotic fluid and a host of other problems better to be safe than sorry. (Not trying to scare you btw my case is very rare...)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Hmmm.. I had this just today. I shrugged it off as a combo of sweat and pee leak but maybe I need to call as well. I'm 24 weeks along. I hope your doc says all is well. 
    And then there were three...

• I've had some watery discharge, which is par for the course at this stage in pregnancy (at least for me) but certainly not that amount- it's more like a few drops here and there. Hopefully you were able to get a hold of your doctor this morning!
  • I didn't end up calling the dr. It only happened once the first day and once yesterday. I go in on Monday so I'll be sure to tell them then. Baby is very active and no contractions. If anything more happens I promise to call or go in immediately. Thanks so much for caring for each other on this board.  
  • Well I'm joining the mystery leakage club. I texted a friend who is a 3rd year resident what's going on and he said even though chances are its pee I should I go in for a ferning test so DH and I are headed up there now. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Thankfully all the tests looked good and my cervix is closed but I was have regular contractions every 2-3 minutes so they gave me fluids and sent me home. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• @ceclarlinetlo Glad everything looked good! Hopefully those contractions will chill out.
  • Glad to hear it @ceclarlinetlo!! did you know you were having contractions when you went in or just because of the fluid issue?
  • Nope! I had no clue I was contracting -I was genuinely surprised when they told me. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• That's what I figured. Ugh. I've been wondering about this issue myself. I get a rock hard stomach - usually at night - but it just stays hard for a while! It's not like it gets hard and then soft or something. 
  • Scary @ceclarlinetlo
    absolutely terrifying. Did the contractions stop? 
  • @ThePax89 yes they completely stopped after 1 L of fluids. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• @ceclarlinetlo so I'm assuming these aren't Braxton hicks, right? So glad you're okay now, though!!

• @AfKash - yeah they were real deal contractions but thankfully they weren't changing my cervix any. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• @ceclarlinetlo Whew! Glad everything turned out okay! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @ceclarlinetlo so glad you caught yours.  Fingers crossed it's the only time.
    my dr said everything looks good and baby boy is growing great. I'm carrying very low and he will stay that way now. He's head down and so I will feel him cork screw his head which is where my pressure is coming from. Already werighing about 3lbs at 28wks. Thanks again ladies