January 2017 Moms

Ring PSA

Friendly reminder to check every so often to see how your wedding rings/other rings are fitting! I don't know about you all, but my fingers are already starting to get a bit bigger and I noticed when I took my rings off to make meatloaf tonight that they're starting to get tricky to take off.  I'm on the later end of our due date month so you guys are probably getting to this point too... I'm planning on taking mine off every night now to try to avoid them getting stuck. Last time, I waited too long to take them off and then they did get stuck! If you find yourself in this scenario, putting Windex on your finger helps :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ring PSA

• Yup! I've already had to stop wearing mine!

• lomyers88lomyers88 member
    edited October 2016
    soapy water helped me before too, I'm at the end of of due date month as well, but haven't had to worry about yet :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I just removed mine. It was sad. But my husband got me silicon rings to wear instead! They come tomorrow
  • Over the summer when the humidity was horrible I wore only my wedding band.  As the weather cooled off I put the engagement ring back on, but it is getting tight again.  I'll probably go down to the just the band again in a couple weeks as long as the weather stays crisp. Hoping I can keep wearing my band until the end.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• vgempis said:
    I just removed mine. It was sad. But my husband got me silicon rings to wear instead! They come tomorrow
    I wore mine on a chain with my Saint Gerard medal last time - that way I was still wearing them, even if it wasn't the normal way :) silicon rings are a good idea, too! My fingers always feel so weird when I'm not wearing my rings!
  • Am I the only weirdo who's fingers shrink during pregnancy? I had to get them resized while I was pregnant with DD. This time around they're staying steady but are starting to get loose now that it's getting colder outside. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you for this! I just struggled for 5 mins to get my rings off. Glad I didn't wait any longer. I'm going to put them on a necklace and wear them that way but I'm sad that my ring finger is bare now :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @karaelaine1991 I'd do that, but I have such a severe nickel allergy that I can't wear most jewelry. It sucks because I would love to be able to wear my own rings. Going ringless last pregnancy wasn't fun. I hated not having them. 
  • vgempis said:
    @karaelaine1991 I'd do that, but I have such a severe nickel allergy that I can't wear most jewelry. It sucks because I would love to be able to wear my own rings. Going ringless last pregnancy wasn't fun. I hated not having them. 
    Aw that stinks :( well I'm glad you're getting the silicon ones at least!
  • My fingers aren't swelling. However, around my rings my skin is like getting a rash. Dry, itchy, and red! It's so annoying. Only around my wedding rings. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to go to just the wedding band really quickly this time. Now, I can't do either, and I haven't worn them in a few weeks.  Last pregnancy I was able to keep wearing my rings until the last 3 weeks or so. 
  • LastMango said:
    Am I the only weirdo who's fingers shrink during pregnancy? I had to get them resized while I was pregnant with DD. This time around they're staying steady but are starting to get loose now that it's getting colder outside. 
    Definitely not alone! My ring slipped off the other day while I was outside and now I'm so nervous it's going to happen and I won't notice it! 
  • @HJMorgan I've been having red irritation too. I don't think it helps that I'm washing my hands a dozen times a day when I go to the bathroom. I'm trying to make sure I take my rings off and dry my finger underneath thoroughly every time. 

I started taking my rings off at night. I was having a lot of irritation and noticing how tight they were in the morning. Otherwise I think I'm still okay. 
  • Smiley-1980Smiley-1980 member
    edited October 2016
    My fingers don't swell with pregnancy either. I didn't have to remove mine at all last time. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm not too sad about having to take my ring off, right now.  Because ever since the BFP, all jewelry feels really heavy and uncomfortable to me. Especially necklaces. I just don't wear anything anymore.  And I'm a big stickler for watches. So that's a huge deal for me. 

• I'm jealous of all you ladies that can still wear your rings! I haven't been able to fit into mine since July. These little sausage fingers of mine are so puffy! My husband doesn't like me not wearing a ring so I just got a cheap one from Amazon's jewelry collection. It's silver with Swarovski zirconias that are sparklier than my actual diamonds. Everyone thinks my husband got me fancy jewelry as a pregnancy gift  :D we think it's hilarious since neither of us is in the mood to spend frivolously with baby on the way.
  • @LastMango @canavara Me too! I'm worried I'll loose mine it's getting so loose. I'm not going very far at the moment but I'd be devastated if I lost it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Mine actually fell off a few times a month or so ago, I wore them on my middle finger for a while.  I'm back to my regular finger now.  Hopefully I'll be able to wear them til the bitter end like last time.
    BabyName Ticker
  • @HJMorgan the same thing happened to me over the summer. I found a little coconut oil helped with the rash and irritation, and I've been mostly just wearing my anniversary band since. I always take it off at night now too. I think it's easier for gunk to get trapped under/between multiple bands. 
  • During my first pregnancy, I bought a fake diamond ring because I didn't like not wearing a ring.  It was $8. I got lots of compliments on my gaudy AF ring. 
  • LastMango said:
    Am I the only weirdo who's fingers shrink during pregnancy? I had to get them resized while I was pregnant with DD. This time around they're staying steady but are starting to get loose now that it's getting colder outside. 
    Yes! Mine shrink too! What the heck is up with that? I was able to wear mine throughout DD1's pregnancy as long as I didn't lotion my hands ha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • I work in a kitchen at a school, so I leave all my rings off during the week and wear them on the weekend. However I can no longer wear my wedding rings, which makes me sad.
  • My E ring was retired during the hot AF summer but I can tell my band isn't lasting much longer. I have a couple of temporary options in my overstock cart, just haven't pulled the trigger because this cooler weather is helping so much
  • I haven't worn my rings since about week 20. My fingers would be fine in the morning, but really uncomfortable by the evening. I miss them more than I thought I would!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• My ring is still fitting OK, however, I echo the pp's that say by nighttime they do get a little tight! I live in hot, humid, sweaty FL, though, so puffy hands are (unfortunately) super normal here! Also--- this is completely random, but have you noticed that sometimes a black-ish stain (probably not the right terminology at all) forms on your finger after wearing your jewelry? Both my rings are 14K yellow gold, I don't know if that matters? I started to google around for it and I saw a few topics on pregnancy boards about it. I think it's because your iron levels? Just wondering if that has happened to you all!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Had to stop wearing mine starting yesterday morning. I almost didn't get it off even with soap and water etc. I am glad I caught it
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Getting there. At some point I'll just start wearing them on a necklace.
  • My ring issue was in the first trimester bc all i ate was carbs on carbs on carbs. so far so good right now, but we'll see!
  • I'm with you @karaelaine1991, it feels so weird and I have mini panic attacks (like, "OMG, I lost them!!") if I am not wearing my rings.
    Luckily, I still have them on at this point and they aren't tight.  My first two pregnancies went into mid-summer and I had to take them off in the early 30's weeks.  I'm hoping with the cooler weather, to keep them on for the long haul this time.
  • Mine are still fitting though they are usually tight in the morning when I wake up.  Last time they fit until the last few weeks.  I will probably buy a cheap costume jewelry replacement to wear when these get too small.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker