January 2016 Moms

Waking too early

our dd will be 9 months on the 8th, and the last month or so she all of a sudden wakes up everyday between 5:45-6:15. I know she's still tired because if I bring her in bed and cuddle she goes back out for another hour at least. But it's now getting my 4 year old to wake that early too & ultimately I know that's too early for him as well. Do any of you have any tips for getting her to sleep a little longer because I know we all need it lol

Re: Waking too early

• I really hope someone has some advice, DS wakes up at 4:30 most days.  He's usually ready for a nap right around the time we need to leave for daycare
  • The only thing I've read is that an earlier bedtime will help (counter intuitively). But I can't speak from personal experience. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • We're having the same thing happen only after a bottle she won't go back down. She's clearly tired, she's face rubbing and whining. She usually falls asleep in the car on the way to daycare. 
  • I just bring her in and cuddle. We both fall back to sleep. It works for both of us. She still goes to sleep every night in her crib, and naps well at daycare, so I don't sweat it too much.
  • I wish I could help. 5 am every day no matter what time we put him to sleep. 6 pm or 8 pm. He's up at 5. 
  • We have the same problem. Usually between 530 and 6. We leave her in the crib until 6 minimum. 630 sometimes. She doesnt cuddle. At all. Once shes up shes up. We tried earlier bed. Later bedtime. I'm dreading the time change in november! 430 wake up would be terrible.. 
  • @cali1710 oh god, the time change!  I hadn't even thought about that yet.  That is going to suck so much.  And yes 4:30 is terrible.  6 would feel like such a luxury right now
  • We started having this problem when the weather finally turned cooler. It turns out DS was just cold in the early morning and adding an extra later to his pajamas fixed the early wakeups.
  • Thanks for the replies...at least I know I'm not alone lol. 
    @cali1710 I'm nervous for the time change too. With my son the time change wasn't an issue, but he also slept a lot better than she does lol.
    @Becky012016 Ive tried adding a onsie under her pjs and even giving her a blanket just in the morning after I get her back down and she still wakes up then.

fingers crossed for all of us next month with the time change lol
  • We started having this problem when the weather finally turned cooler. It turns out DS was just cold in the early morning and adding an extra later to his pajamas fixed the early wakeups.
    I turned our heat up a couple degrees yesterday and last night my LO slept way better and longer than normal. I'm hoping she was having the same problem, and that it wasn't just a coincidence...!