September 2015 Moms
Options

Constipation with whole milk

my son has been drinking whole milk for about 3 weeks and he is constipated, anyone having this same issue or what have any of you guys done to help aliviate this.

Re: Constipation with whole milk

• Options
    I am starting to have this problem. Gave him prune juice and hoping it'll work. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    I tried whole milk for awhile and LO didn't tolerate very well bc it exacerbated her eczema really bad; however, when I did give it to her I added an oz of water to each bottle to help w constipation (or rather, to prevent it) so we never encountered an issue. Not sure if that was the right thing to do or not but I heard many people have issues when starting their LO on whole milk and I wanted to avoid it - my LO doesnt drink a whole lot of water on its own so I snuck it in the milk and it worked like a charm.

I did end up switching to almond milk and her skin issues went away immediately so we are sticking with it. I do still add 1/2 oz to 1 oz water to many bottles bc she has been getting constipated from a lot of cheese and that helps things bigtime!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been having this same issue with my daughter. She can tolerate yougurt and cheese well so my doctor said to keep trying. I have switched to goats milk and plan on transitioning her to whole cows milk from there. So far she has had zero issues with the goats milk....
  • Options
    My older son had this issue. We tried probiotics and miralax for a while with him. We switched to almond milk and limit his dairy. We don't cut it out of food but we don't let him have dairy heavy foods (cheese,yogurt,ice cream). The issue cleared up after that.