June 2016 Moms

Hurricane Matthew

any other mommas in Florida?? We are in Orlando and are bracing for the hurricane.  Bought a yeti cooler this morning for my breast milk that's in the freezer.  We are pretty much gauranteed to lose power. 

Re: Hurricane Matthew

• any other mommas in Florida?? We are in Orlando and are bracing for the hurricane.  Bought a yeti cooler this morning for my breast milk that's in the freezer.  We are pretty much gauranteed to lose power. 
    Good luck and stay safe!! I hope it doesn't hit you too badly.
  • We are in west palm beach. We bought a generator to keep the freezer running. My absolute first priority was my milk stash. Hahaha. Be safe!
  • Loading the player...
  • Be safe! My grandma lives on merit island in a mobile home, so she had to go inland to her son's house that's safer. So crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stay safe!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Oh man!  Be safe!!!  Keep us posted. 
  • My DH is a deputy sheriff so unfortunately he's been out in it all day.  Comes home at 6pm but has to go back out at 3am.  I'm hoping the majority of people evacuate as told so that he and other emergency personnel don't have to risk their lives!! In any event, @yoshi1230 I'm with you-- DH actually said before anything else "you need to make sure your milk is safe".  Gotta love our guys!  Stay safe down there!!!!
  • Hope you and your family all stay safe!!! 
  • T&P for all you Florida moms. Stay safe ladies.
  • Stay safe southern moms.  My family sat through hurricane Andrew while my mom was 7 months pg with my brother. Apparently it was so scary that at 3 1/2 years old I had to go back into diapers at night and went back on the pacifier. And we were in Miami but all our friends in homestead lost their houses.  
  • Yes T&P for your families! Looks like you will have reinforcements, my brother has been deployed to head down last night with a rescue team from NJ 
  • How is everyone doing??

Hope everyone is okay including your brother @lizbeth86
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I hope everyone is safe!

heard this morning that my grandma and uncle lost power, but they have a generator. Lots of trees down but where they are the houses were ok
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are fine in west palm. Looks like it ended up going further north than expected. We spent the night without power but it just came back on. No damage or flooding, and my milk stash survive unscathed!
  • We are all good in Orlando!  Some flooding and downed trees but nothing compared to our coast.  My grandmothers house was damaged and her sister is still without power!