January 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change- 10/9

What's new with your little babe this week? How many weeks are you?

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival?

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: Sticking with fall questions- are you a pumpkin spice or apple spice person? (Scents and / or flavors)

Re: Sunday ticker change- 10/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tinabelcher - woooooo for secondary milestones!! FX they decide your sugars are fine and you don't have to keep sticking yourself! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    25 weeks and the countdown is on!

Still not in my permanent home till Christmas so I got nada.

I swear she's on my spine also crotch pain, why!?

End of the month for glucose testing.

GTKY: Sticking with fall questions- are you a pumpkin spice or apple spice person? (Scents and / or flavors)
    All apple everything. Although I found a apple/pumpkin spice candle that was light and amazing. But generally, gimmie the apple chais!
  • Options
    27 weeks, really starting to be able to feel her on the outsidea although still sitting low.

Working on painting my projects today and the decals I ordered are here so hoping to get a good chunk of the nursery done today.

Next appointment is on the 19th with both my OB and internist so we will be reviewing blood sugar numbers which have been great and hearing the heartbeat.

I love both pumpkin spice and apple spice. I don't like pumpkin pie but everything else pumpkin. Also love me some apple cake.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    28 weeks! Third trimester is here! (Though in my head I was 28 last week cause of anatomy scan/how my uterus is measuring). Baby loves to crush my ribs when I'm sitting and pounce on my bladder when standing. Everyone keeps telling me this whole pregnancy is worth it and my little nephew is the cutest, so I just keep trying remember that and power through! 

There isn't much prep we can do being out of our house, I have the crib, super cute hutch we'll use as a bookshelf and most of the nursery stuff ready to be moved in/built once house renovation is over (which is apparently never--gah!).

Super painful RLP at the start and end of the day. Worried the bridesmaid dress I have for a wedding in 3 weeks isn't formal enough cause its stretchy material, but for realz, what other material could a dress be for a large AF preggers girl whose stomach is expanding exponentially everyday. Also--my once little baby bump has officially caught up to everyone else. 

This week for glucose test, rhogam, tdap and flu shot.

I'm one of those weird people who isn't really into pumpkin anything. I do love cider, though! Preferably the alcoholic variety. Gonna miss that this year!
  • Options
    What's new with your little babe this week? How many weeks are you? 28 weeks! Third trimester ahoy. He's been extremely active this past weekend.

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? We moved into our house over the weekend, meeting with doula to get birth plan finalized on Wednesday, and I have round 2 of glucose test tomorrow morning :|

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: I had my first ever pregnancy nosebleed today. It was scary and unexpected! I have never had a nosebleed in my life and I was driving when it happened so I'm just sitting at a traffic light and I feel something wet on my face... I assumed it was just snot because I have bronchitis right now (which is literally the worst thing ever--DON'T GET BRONCHITIS.), but I look up into the rearview mirror and it's just fresh red blood dripping now onto my shirt ahhhhhh. Reminded me of that drive-by clown phobia thread from last week, lol.

When's your next appointment? Tomorrow morning for my second glucose test. I'm hoping it's more uneventful than the last one!

GTKY: Sticking with fall questions- are you a pumpkin spice or apple spice person? (Scents and / or flavors) Scent-wise, pumpkin spice. But we live near a bajillion orchards so apple is definitely the winner when it comes to fall flavors.
  • Options
    What's new with your little babe this week? How many weeks are you? 24 weeks today!! Yay viability! Baby is the size of a cantaloupe. Baby girl is moving so so much, daddy laid in bed the other night and felt her bouncing and kicking all over.

Are you doing anything this week to prepare for your baby's arrival? nothing really, ordering the rug for the nursery but I haven't done that yet! DH mentioned putting together the crib this week, if that happens that will be very exciting! 

A few times now I've felt constant pressure in my lower abdomen and below. It feels like a cross between terrible gas, constipation, and just really bad pressure like my bowels have a bowling ball on them. Not sure if it's babies position, not drinking enough for what but it's annoying! 
    Thursday! 
    I love apple scents and I love pumpkin and apple flavors. I found a pumpkin candle in really liked at tjmaxx and it was one of those with a wooden wick...well everytime I burned it all I smelled was burning wood, so now I have a apple pumpkin one I really like and also a pumpkin muffin sort of scent.
  • Options
    @ThePax89 beautiful photo! 
  • Options
    28 weeks! Cheers to the third trimester, @TinaBelcher, @canavara, @newyearsbaby5
    Lately, baby's movement has reminded me of that awesomely bad 80s movie "Tremors". It's awesome, but also kinda weird. I'm pretty sure this buddy has mastered "the worm", and, of course, jazz hands. He's spent a good portion of the day way high -- acting like he's sweeping things off a shelf with wide, wild movements. 

Settled on a hiking carrier and cars eat. Interviewed two other doulas (we found one ages ago but didn't hire because we discovered she is not well respected at the hospital). Booked birthing and breastfeeding classes! 

Nosebleeds, insomnia, gas... all the things! 

Glucose test tomorrow. 28 week appt on Wednesday. 

I'd say both -- but not in artifical scent form. Pie, on the other hand, yes. I made a quick batch of apple turnovers last night and they won the weekend. 
  • Options
    24 weeks and I think we're almost to the point of being able to feel baby on the outside. I've started to let H trying to feel even though I hate my tummy being touched. That's what love is, right?

Last week I finally had my anatomy scan, which was going really well up until the point the doctor started making comments about how I must reeeaaallllly love the "bread culture" here in Germany because I am overweight. A. rude (which doesn't surprise me, because as a general rule, Germans will not hesitate to tell you their opinion) B. I've gained approximately 5 lbs to date, so shut up. She also told me straight up I have gestational diabetes because I had slightly elevated amniotic fluid levels. Called my doctor up today for my glucose test results and I passed (after getting stuck 5 times trying to find a good vein). So C. that other doctor can suck it.

See Rant above. But I will rave for a second about the work "retreat" I had to go to this weekend that didn't devolve into 20 people yelling at each other for 36 hours. I'm super proud of everyone for staying mostly positive and fairly on task, even if I still can't tell you what exactly that task was.

Next appt is Nov 4th.

Apple everything! Except for pumpkin bread, which I am going to make this afternoon to both celebrate my test results and to share with my office.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    27 Weeks- last week of 2nd trimester.

We are still waiting on the electricity for our apartment to be restored.  6 more months until we move! We did go out this weekend and buy a glider & ottoman.  I am looking for a few finishing touches, and than her nursery should be pretty much complete until we are in our new home.  

My first baby shower is in 2 weeks, so the registry stalking is in full effect.   I'm sure this week I'll have to start going through everything in our apartment this week to see what we can put in storage for the next 6 months to make room for all of the baby gear.  I'd like to have the apartment cleared out by the 23rd, so we have room to put all of the gifts.  I also need to find my fall/ winter coats from last year and see if I still fit in them or if I need to buy a new one for this year.

Harborside Management Group apartments are the worst!  Don't rent from them or let anyone you know rent from them.

Raves- I passed my Glucose test!  I love bread and am so happy I can keep eating it!

Monday the 17th

Flavors it's a tie.  I love pumpkin breads and pies but also apple cider (warm, cold and alcoholic), apple cider doughnuts, and apple pie.  For scent it is apple.  I find most pumpkin candles to be too overwhelming.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    28 weeks :) 

we had had our baby shower yesterday and I'm putting the finishing touches on the nursery! 

No rants or raves.... just trucking along baking this baby! 

Next appt at end of October 

definitely an apple spice person! 
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Hello week 28 and 3rd Tri!! Nothing new that I can tell, but this kid sure loves cuddling to my bladder!

Continuing the clean up of the 2nd bedroom and hoping it will spread to the living/dining area. We have space for a twin bed, set of drawers, glider, and the crib so I consider that an accomplishment!!

BIG RANT: THE BUMP JUST ATE HALF MY POST I SPENT FOREVER ON!! grrrrr.

Gals, it's getting real for me. I work at the courthouse, scheduling hearings for judges and I've been setting hearings all day for mid Jan. Every time I get the request, I keep thinking, "I'll be on maternity leave by then...and then...and then..." O.O

Rant: We haven't been able to confirm the clubhouse in my neighborhood for the baby shower because the association might be holding their voting for board members that day (11/20? On a Sunday??). We can't schedule it any time sooner either because they might hold the vote then as well, they just don't know. So, we've been waiting over a week for confirmation and were supposed to hear from them within a few days. So everything has been put on hold until we get that confirmation. My friend who is throwing it just bought a house (YAY!! We're so excited!!) and is closing the weekend before, so she's going to have a lot of stuff going on and it would really be helpful to have this confirmed. Then my MIL is going crazy, asking me and my friend for details that we've already given her, which is stressing us both out. And I'm waiting to do any baby shopping until after the shower so I know what I need and what, if any, gift cards I might have. The planner in me is going BONKERS!!

Wednesday I do the glucose test in the AM and the 3D/4D ultrasound in the PM. Really excited for the ultrasound because I have no idea how this kid is situated in there besides the fact that there's a lot of bladder cuddling going on. And I really want to see my baby's face. I get teary eyed thinking of that. The parents are all going to be there too, so it'll be special :)

I love apple spice scented stuff. It's in my Airwick year round. I will eat pumpkin pie and indulge may once in a PSL because that's what you do, but I'm not really a huge fan. Give me a salted caramel any day!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    This is my 1st time posting on this thread.  In case you didn't read my intro, I'm technically due in February but baby could come in January, too. 

@thepax89 I love that picture!! 

23 weeks! The size of a grapefruit!

Not really.  I just had my baby shower on Saturday.  90% of the people just gave us cash, so I've been looking at stuff on my registry.  But I think I'm going to wait to buy anything until I see what the Black Friday sales are like.  

Symptoms: I just started peeing while sneezing.  So much fun! Also, I can hear the blood whooshing in my right ear and it's driving me nuts. 
    Rant: It's so cool reading everyone else's ticker change, cuz for once I have people who are ahead of me! It gives me a good idea of what I have to look forward to in the near future!

This week! I think doc will order the glucose test this week.  

While I live pumpkin pie, I would have to say I love apple spice.  However, I don't burn any scented candles that smell like food cuz it would make me hungry all the time.