February 2017 Moms

FFFC*!!! 10/7

2»

Re: FFFC*!!! 10/7

• kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited October 2016
    @MLRocha I also like having a little sour cream on the side and cholula to dip the migas in! Yum 
  • Loading the player...
  • @BumpasaurusRex yes!!!!! My thoughts exactly! I love cooking and I've been so unmotivated the last year since DS only wants basics. 
  • My kid loves all food. As long as it's not spicy she'll eat it. My MIL bought her a giant thing of capers because she likes them so much.  :# 

Dessert trumps everything else though of course.
  • Also I'm sorry so many of us have mom issues but it kind of warms my heart to know there's so many cool people who get where I'm coming from.
  • @concreteangell I may regret asking, but what's a fudgeo?

@kirstynikole Migas sound amazing, though! I'm sure they kicked the donuts' ass
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    lemieuxk said:
    @concreteangell I may regret asking, but what's a fudgeo?

@kirstynikole Migas sound amazing, though! I'm sure they kicked the donuts' ass
    I had to Google "fudgeo" and I saw a whole bunch of tasty looking chocolate cookie sandwich things but I couldn't find a good description on what it actually is. I'm pretty sure our stores here don't carry them.  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I react to stress poorly - and I'm more selfish than DH (though I think I'm less selfish than average - but that might be a cognitive distortion) - I worry that our kid will love DH more, or go to him more than me because he'll be a better parent than I will. I know I'll willingly make changes and compromises for our child, but what if that makes DH upset because I haven't done the same for him? Or what if our child feels she needs to protect me? I want to be a parent that is relied upon. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kswiger06 you seem like a very nice person both from your picture and your posts. I would be shocked, too, if I heard you cuss at someone.  

• I have been actively trying not to cuss at DS's preschool and failing. Not like at kids but when the principle lady talks to me about stuff. They're probably so put off by non church going cussing me. 
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    @AfKash I think I'm normally nice, but then again I think we all have a snapping point lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Studies have shown that cussing is good for you.  It reduces your stress level.  Trust me, I've read them.  ;)

• I curse a lot and I believe it can truly enhance the gravity of what you're trying to say.  For example: 

"This cookie is delicious!"
    "This cookie is f*cking delicious!"

It's a natural adjective enhancer.
    Awesome!!!! And it's true! I'm going to remember this for sure 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited October 2016
    Have you guys seen the movie "Role Models?" We have already come to terms with the fact that our kids will be just like Ronnie. Lots of parent teacher conferences in our future..
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger same here. I married a sailor and now I curse like one. Thankfully DS hasn't tried to say the F bomb but he's definitely said aw sh*t after I did. He's. Ever said it since but I'm just waiting to be "that parent". 

• @LivingLaVidaGinger Ditto! I swore a lot before DH, but now it's all over the place lol. 
  • I have a horrible mouth. Like really bad. I have no idea how I am going to correct it either. I don't even realize I'm doing it anymore. I think I may have to start with one word and try to eliminate it. First up, my favorite, the F bomb. 

• I have a horrible mouth. Like really bad. I have no idea how I am going to correct it either. I don't even realize I'm doing it anymore. I think I may have to start with one word and try to eliminate it. First up, my favorite, the F bomb. 

Did you see the move "The Man" it has an amusing way to stop with the F-bomb... say it but follow it through with crying out loud... then youll put it together fast like Fuckcryinoutloud... then eventually it will come out "for crying out loud!" Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 that's not a bad idea!!! I should try that :)
  • Oh man, I swear a lot too... But everyone in my family does, even around the kids. I just plan to teach my kids that there is a time and place for swearing (at home, and not AT people). That's what my parents did with me and my siblings, and it worked out well for all of us (except I guess we all swear a lot as adults, so maybe it didn't work?)

I've been kind of avoiding the nursery thread, because it bums me out... We live in a small 2-bedroom house, and the second room currently serves as an office and guest room. We are taking out everything except the desk and futon to make room for baby stuff, but I don't really feel like it'll be a "nursery" per se. But since our house is so small, we can't devote the entire space to baby stuff, even though I would really like to. We're not painting anything, and the walls will remain covered in Star Wars posters, Ralph Steadman prints, and other random artwork. It's a pretty big room, so at least half of it will be for baby stuff. But it makes me want to move into a bigger house ASAP. (The baby will also be in our room for the first 6 months, so I guess it doesn't matter we don't have a nursery yet anyway...)
    BabyFruit Ticker