October 2016 Moms

HURRY UP BABY!

Re: HURRY UP BABY!

• I'm definitely not saying it's enjoyable. I wake up constantly to pee. My vagina feels like been kicked by a football player. My feet swell. I puke acid. It's hard to breath. I pee myself constantly. I don't have it as bad as some, Ive watched my bestie lock herself in her basement with a crazy rash for the last few months of her pregnancy. It all hard. 

But babies come on their own schedule regardless on how hard we try to control it. I realize after my first pregnancy that we are along for this crazy ride. I spent 40 hours in labor and tore my bits to the third degree internally. Not what I wanted. 

What I am saying is to be selfish and lazy if at all possible. Order take out. Go get a massage. Get a haircut. Binge watch Netflix. Nap. Meditate. Eat nutella at 3am. Whatever. It makes being miserable much easier.
  • I really thought I would be in active labor by now, or popped lol being the fourth baby and all.  But here I am walking, drinking tea, rolling around on my yoga ball and chasing my 18 month old around.  I wish God could send me a text and say hey! His birthday is Oct. ?? Stop with all the nonsense!! But that doesn't seem to be the way this works at all!  Even my doc seems surprised.  But all of my others had to be induced and it seems this one might too.....later on.  
  • Loading the player...
  • That's how I'm looking at it @CopperBoom86. It feels good to be proactive in terms of *hopefully* making things easier for my body and baby in delivery. 

And yay for progress! 

• I just finished my last major work project, so I'm officially in hurry up baby mode. Tomorrow I have plans to go to acupuncture for labor inducing points, take a looong walk and eat some eggplant. Trying to get DH to have sex with me, but I don't think it is going to happen. He is too freaked out by baby being "right there".
  • @strickland8052 one of my friends keeps telling me about this spicy eggplant dish! But I thought it was labor inducing for the spiciness not for the eggplant. Now I'm gonna go research!
  • @annabenanna - I ate a Greek eggplant dish last weekend and started having my first contractions within an hour. They eventually stopped, but they did take me from 1 cm to 2. 
  • I've been eating some pineapple but it just gives me gas! I have an appt this afternoon so we'll see if it did anything else
  • I walked the mall for a couple of hours today, horrible lightening crotch now, and just lots of crampy pain.  Not real contractions.  Hoping after a nice shower and putting my feet up we will get something going.....
  • Did some yoga ball exercises, wall squats, hip rotations ... I put Sean Paul on and really got moving ! My little girl was trying to help me dance the baby out but to no avail, I knocked out from 10:30pm to 3 am and then Bing! Right awake no labor feelings, aghhhhh- I feel so whiny but I want my baby girl out. 
  • Full term as of tomorrow! Then we reach pineapple and squats time. Fortunately we got the pelvic rest restriction pulled as of yesterday too! We'll see if it helps anything.

Sunday I was 1 cm, 50%- so very little change from Weds before. I declined a check yesterday, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by labor than down in the dumps over no changes. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @MRSCORKER... I keep saying we need to so we can get things moving... But the motivation just isn't there. Maybe tonight lol
  • @MRSCORKER I still haven't convinced mine to try. I know it's gonna suck but I'm sure it'll be the ONE thing that works. Fingers crossed for you! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @MRSCORKER I still haven't convinced mine to try. I know it's gonna suck but I'm sure it'll be the ONE thing that works. Fingers crossed for you! 
    It was SUCH A CHORE for both of us. lol

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    Oh God, us too. You know he thirsty when he manages to maintain an erection through the extremely awkward process.  :D
    This literally made me LOL... Bc this is us. Every time since sex stopped being enjoyable for me during this pregnancy
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Oh God, us too. You know he thirsty when he manages to maintain an erection through the extremely awkward process.  :D
    Lololololol. This statement is priceless. 
  • @CopperBoom86 LMAO, so thirsty tho ! 
    @annabenanna I'm making my kids do the change change slide tonight lol ! 
  • Had a doc appt today, almost 3, very soft, anterior position cervix.  He didn't give me a % effacement.  He said he will strip my membranes NEXT Thursday.  I have decided I will be pregnant forever :(
  • Oohh!!! Best of luck girl!!! FX
  • I want to do all the sex, but I can't even imagine climbing on top of the hubs...though I'm pretty desperate! Maybe "taking care of myself" is in order? Vibrator perhaps? Maybe it would at least shake baby out?
  • @lmnobaby it doesn't work....trust lol
  • @zuzu87 I was wondering about you! Hope things get moving! 
  • Hats off to you ladies having sex, I can't even imagine trying at this point. Plus I feel disgusting down there anyways. So just letting baby come when he is ready, still trying to go to a wedding next weekend so I am okay if he holds on a little longer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm totally right there with you @cassieleeanne. I miss sex but I feel so gross and I have no desire to be touched, at all. My poor DH. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Ugh I feel so gross and goopy down there. I'm just going to assume baby isn't coming without force so if it happens before then, great. If not oh well. 
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We DTD last night for the first time in probably a few weeks. It was actually comfier than I expected, and besides my big belly it was somewhat enjoyable. So far all my cramps went away through the night. So sadly it didn't seem to of jump started labor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, nuts @mrszoess - I won't even summon the energy then.
  • DH and I having been having a lot of sex and still nothing. But I think my body is nowhere near ready. Might work for anyone who's already progressing. Most comfortable position I found was either both of us on our sides or me on my side with one leg between his and him on his knees.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• 39 weeks tomorrow.  At OB appointment today they said they didn't need to check my cervix unless I wanted, because likely nothing was going on.  I'm a curious person, so of course, I wanted the check.  I'm not totally locked down, but I was less than 1/2 cm dilated (and that was her being generous).  I'm not in as much of a hurry, now that today is my last day of work, but I'm a little sad that I've got no visible progress.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @chriscasey33 This is how I have been since my first check week 38. He wouldn't even give me 1/2 cm. I'm hoping at my 40 week appointment Tuesday (if I'm still pregnant and I feel I will be) that I have at least a little bit of progress. I'm curious too so I don't think I'll turn down the check. At least it's both of our last days of work and we can just try to relax! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87  Yes.  Cheers to some time-off.  I've got some loose ends around the house to tie up, but I hope to be able to relax too.  And I hope the same for you!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019