September 2015 Moms
Options

Favorite Pajamas

Do you have a favorite brand that fits best for pjs?

We live in San Diego, so it doesn't get too cold, but I want to start gathering warmer pjs for winter.  I really like the idea of the two piece long sleeve/pants with the feet out, or footed zip ups.

I bought some of the two piece long sleeve/pant sets from Old Navy and Carters, got size 12-18 month, they are a NIGHTMARE to put on him!  Our baby isn't that big, about 24 pounds I'd say.  The shirts are the worst part!  I feel like I am ripping his poor little fingers off trying to get his hand through the teeny, tiny sleeves! They are SO hard to get on him!  I thought maybe he needed a larger size, so tonight I tried 18-24 months and they were just as horrible to get on him.  I about had a coronary by the time I finally got him fully into them!  The arms are SO tight, I even tried stretching the arms out before putting them on...no luck!!!

Re: Favorite Pajamas

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Noah fits perfectly in 18 and 18-24 month clothes but as for jammies I prefer getting 2T for the 2 piece, they fit him so much better and look comfortable on him. As for brand I normally get child of mine by carters at Walmart 
  • Options
    We love Hanna Andersson when we can find them for cheap. They retail around $38 but hold up SO well and if you're into resale, they hold their value. I've found ours at consignment sales, goodwill, and occasionally online in apps like Kidizen or Poshmark. The sizing is a little weird but Beau is about 25 lbs and is snug in size 70 or has a little room in size 80. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KicKee Pants brand are our favorite. Amazingly soft. Expensive but you can find them on sale or Zulilly every now and then. They are worth every penny! I feel like they run small. My LO is 32" and 22 pounds and 2T fits nicely. 
  • Options
    Ditto for Kickee Pants! I got a pair of hand me downs and have been addicted ever since. 
  • Options
    Nehouston said:
    Ditto for Kickee Pants! I got a pair of hand me downs and have been addicted ever since. 
    That's how it started for me. LOL 
  • Options
    We like Carters but have moved to 18 mos. and 2T clothes including PJ's.  
  • Options
    @chelseajeanene I buy pj's from Walmart too. They are usually about 8 bucks and since the kids outgrown them so fast, it seems like the best option!
  • Options
    We use Carter's footie pj's too in the 18 month size. They work grear for us, but DD is a bean pole, I could see the arms being tighter for a stockier toddler. How about a cotton sleep sack with the foot holes over a onesie? 
  • Options
    We also love Kickee Pants. Grandma keeps us in a good supply ;) And regulations on kids clothing says pajamas are supposed to be either tight fitting or flame retardant (they'll say something like that on a tag if they're marketed as pjs). We have a bunch of fleece gerber footies but the sleeves are super short. He's in a sleep sack still and we're probably going to buy a winter version of the suit we use, which is the zipadee zip. 
  • Options
    I use the carter's they are supposed to be snug for fire resistance. I shy away from footies since he is on the longer side. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    I get Carters one-piece footie (fleece for winter in MN, cotton for summer) PJs for our 25-lb'er (86th percentile for height) in 18 months, but he'll be ready for 24 months soon. He's a chunk, so the snug-fit ones (not fire retardant) don't fit, so we have to buy the fire-retardant ones because they're a bit bigger and fit chunkier babies!
  • Options
    I agree that the arms on Carter's pj's are sooooo tight!  It's really difficult to get them on - especially after putting lotion on after his bath. We have a couple pairs of gap two piece pj's, but I have the same issue with the arms being really tight. We have one pair of Hannah Anderson pj's, which are awesome, but it's too much money for us to get anymore right now. I'm going to have to try the kickee pants that everyone loves.