TWW: Oct 3 - 9 — The Bump
TTC after 35

TWW: Oct 3 - 9

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
ME: 44 / DH: 46
DD conceived naturally, born 1/9/14
Consulted RE after trying for #2 for 1 year, 9/16
RE diagnosis: DOR, poor egg quality
1/2017: IUI #1, Femara, failed
2/2017: IUI #2, Femara, failed
3/13/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #1, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
4/19/17: ER, no embryos survived past morula stage, poor egg quality given as reason
5/3/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #2, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
6/7/17: ER, 1 egg retrieved, mature but did not fertilize, poor egg quality given as reason
7/21/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #3, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
8/24/17: ER, 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 7 fertilized, no embryos survived past morula stage, poor egg quality given as reason
9/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #4, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel), started organic, non-processed, no white sugar/flour, diet with unscented/nontoxic personal care products 4 weeks before ER (books suggested it takes 2-3 months)
10/11/17: ER, 5 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 1 arrested at 3 cells and the other arrested at 5 cells, poor egg quality given as reason, doctor suggested it was time to move on to donor eggs but I asked to give it one last chance and kept on my diet/unprocessed/unscented/nontoxic products
12/28/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #5, microdose lupron protocol
2/1/18: ER, 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature and 6 fertilized, 3 survived to day 5 blastocyst, 2 PGS normal
7/12/18: FET #1, negative
9/21/18: FET #2 scheduled

Re: TWW: Oct 3 - 9

• I'm 4DPO and am feeling positive and hopeful. I think just knowing that we have the RE appointment this month took some stress off. The other thing we did that for my DH and I was therapeutic (in that we could laugh about all this) was going to see Bridget Jones' Baby. I know, I know, it's a fictional movie, but I loved that she's 43 when she conceives and laughing is great stress relief, so hey, works for me!

I'm taking prenatals, no caffeine or alcohol, advanced digital OPK for 4 best days, watching CM. BD timing was pretty decent, -3, -1, 0, +1. So we will see. I won't test until I'm late. Will try as always to focus on other things. If I tell myself this may take a year or more then maybe I'll be happily surprised.
    ME: 44 / DH: 46
    DD conceived naturally, born 1/9/14
    Consulted RE after trying for #2 for 1 year, 9/16
    RE diagnosis: DOR, poor egg quality
    1/2017: IUI #1, Femara, failed
    2/2017: IUI #2, Femara, failed
    3/13/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #1, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
    4/19/17: ER, no embryos survived past morula stage, poor egg quality given as reason
    5/3/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #2, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
    6/7/17: ER, 1 egg retrieved, mature but did not fertilize, poor egg quality given as reason
    7/21/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #3, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
    8/24/17: ER, 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 7 fertilized, no embryos survived past morula stage, poor egg quality given as reason
    9/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #4, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel), started organic, non-processed, no white sugar/flour, diet with unscented/nontoxic personal care products 4 weeks before ER (books suggested it takes 2-3 months)
    10/11/17: ER, 5 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 1 arrested at 3 cells and the other arrested at 5 cells, poor egg quality given as reason, doctor suggested it was time to move on to donor eggs but I asked to give it one last chance and kept on my diet/unprocessed/unscented/nontoxic products
    12/28/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #5, microdose lupron protocol
    2/1/18: ER, 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature and 6 fertilized, 3 survived to day 5 blastocyst, 2 PGS normal
    7/12/18: FET #1, negative
    9/21/18: FET #2 scheduled

PoeMasque
  • great timing @Momifbysea - I feel the pressure of knowing if I don't get a BFP early November then I'm calling our OB.  2 more months until the 6 month mark for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies!

I am 4 DPO and feeling ok this cycle.  I was supposed to do an IUI but I was doing my own monitoring with OPK's and missed the surge.  I was given specific instructions to test with SMU starting on CD 11 and only test once a day.  I cheated and tested in the afternoon a couple of times and noticed that it was looking more and more positive but in the morning I would get a negative test.  On CD 16 I woke up with a temp spike and knew I had already O'd.  RE office did bw and u/s which confirmed it so they cancelled further treatment this cycle (obviously). 

The good news is the u/s showed a decent follicle and our timing was pretty good  (-2, -1, 0, 1, 2) so we have a shot.  If I am not KU this cycle I will be monitored next cycle with trigger.  I don't know why they had me do my own monitoring but we won't make that mistake again.  
  • so does O happen right before a temp spike?
  • @vlagrl29 Yes, usually a day or two before your temp spikes is your O date.  Below is my current chart.  You can see a significant spike on CD 16 indicating that I most likely O'd on CD 15.  

The book Taking Control of Your Fertility is highly recommended here because it does a great job of explaining how helpful it can be to track your morning temp.  

artemis618
  • So where the blue dot meets the red line - is that when you O'd? Obviously I need to do some reading - its bern so busy this week as I've been helping dh clean his new space. I have been temping and recording it though
  • @vlagrl29 - The blue dots are my temps.  The horizontal line (or cover line) is based on my my highest pre-O temp.  The vertical line is the date of assumed O.  It's dotted because FF is missing data - primarily a change in CM texture.  If I recorded more information like a positive OPK and Egg white texture CM the red lines would be solid.  

As a side note, if you are directly a question at a particular poster be sure to tag them so they see it. 

Definitely read TCOYF.  Its a very easy read and really helpful.