TTC after 35
Options

TWW: Oct 3 - 9

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Oct 3 - 9

• Options
    I'm 4DPO and am feeling positive and hopeful. I think just knowing that we have the RE appointment this month took some stress off. The other thing we did that for my DH and I was therapeutic (in that we could laugh about all this) was going to see Bridget Jones' Baby. I know, I know, it's a fictional movie, but I loved that she's 43 when she conceives and laughing is great stress relief, so hey, works for me!

I'm taking prenatals, no caffeine or alcohol, advanced digital OPK for 4 best days, watching CM. BD timing was pretty decent, -3, -1, 0, +1. So we will see. I won't test until I'm late. Will try as always to focus on other things. If I tell myself this may take a year or more then maybe I'll be happily surprised.
  • Options
    great timing @Momifbysea - I feel the pressure of knowing if I don't get a BFP early November then I'm calling our OB.  2 more months until the 6 month mark for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

I am 4 DPO and feeling ok this cycle.  I was supposed to do an IUI but I was doing my own monitoring with OPK's and missed the surge.  I was given specific instructions to test with SMU starting on CD 11 and only test once a day.  I cheated and tested in the afternoon a couple of times and noticed that it was looking more and more positive but in the morning I would get a negative test.  On CD 16 I woke up with a temp spike and knew I had already O'd.  RE office did bw and u/s which confirmed it so they cancelled further treatment this cycle (obviously). 

The good news is the u/s showed a decent follicle and our timing was pretty good  (-2, -1, 0, 1, 2) so we have a shot.  If I am not KU this cycle I will be monitored next cycle with trigger.  I don't know why they had me do my own monitoring but we won't make that mistake again.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    so does O happen right before a temp spike?
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Yes, usually a day or two before your temp spikes is your O date.  Below is my current chart.  You can see a significant spike on CD 16 indicating that I most likely O'd on CD 15.  

The book Taking Control of Your Fertility is highly recommended here because it does a great job of explaining how helpful it can be to track your morning temp.  

2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    So where the blue dot meets the red line - is that when you O'd? Obviously I need to do some reading - its bern so busy this week as I've been helping dh clean his new space. I have been temping and recording it though
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 - The blue dots are my temps.  The horizontal line (or cover line) is based on my my highest pre-O temp.  The vertical line is the date of assumed O.  It's dotted because FF is missing data - primarily a change in CM texture.  If I recorded more information like a positive OPK and Egg white texture CM the red lines would be solid.  

As a side note, if you are directly a question at a particular poster be sure to tag them so they see it. 

Definitely read TCOYF.  Its a very easy read and really helpful.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog