January 2017 Moms
Options

Messing with people is fun

please tell me I'm not the only one with a twisted swnse of humor that jumps on these opportunities whenever possible.

was at my husband's company dinner and one person came over and was so happy and in my face asking, "you're pregnant??!!!"  I, with a shocked and concerned face, said, "why, do I look pregnant," while looking at my stomach and then back to him.
 >:) 
Darn table full of people started laughing too soon.  He only squirmed and backpedaled for 1 second with, "no-no-no, SHE (pointing to someone across the room) told me," I started laughing and said he's okay, he passed my test.

if only more of these opportunities came up.  <3
BabyName Ticker

Re: Messing with people is fun

• Options
    I was at my nephew's birthday party a few weeks ago and this woman ran up to me all excited. "So! I wanted to know if you were pregnant, but I didn't want to ask you in case you weren't, so I went and asked so-and-so who said I should talk to this person, and they said you're pregnant and OH EM GEE CONGRATULATIONS!!!" and proceeded to give me a huge hug. I sort of nervous laughed and said thanks, but it felt almost as weird having people whisper about the contents of my uterus than if they had just come up to me and flat out asked... I wish I had denied it just to watch the confusion spread.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really wanted to do something like this in staples yesterday.  I was checking out and the woman behind me started talking to DD and then proceeded to say, "oh and you're going to be a big sister soon!  I wonder if it's a brother or a sister you're getting."  I was standing there in jeans and a fall jacket zipped over my bump so I didn't think it was really obvious I was pregnant.  Plus the way she w a talking to DD was bugging me.  I was with DH though so I just ignored her because putting the woman on the spot would have made him uncomfortable and we were having a good day together.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was at my nephew's birthday party a few weeks ago and this woman ran up to me all excited. "So! I wanted to know if you were pregnant, but I didn't want to ask you in case you weren't, so I went and asked so-and-so who said I should talk to this person, and they said you're pregnant and OH EM GEE CONGRATULATIONS!!!" and proceeded to give me a huge hug. I sort of nervous laughed and said thanks, but it felt almost as weird having people whisper about the contents of my uterus than if they had just come up to me and flat out asked... I wish I had denied it just to watch the confusion spread.
    I just had this same thing happen last weekend.  We have not announced on social media but most people who see me on a regular basis know that I am pregnant.  Last weekend I had someone come up to me and go on and on about how her and her 2 adult daughters were not sure if I was pregnant or not.  They thought maybe, so they stalked my facebook and couldn't tell from the pictures and there was no announcement so they finally asked my mom...

BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Options
    Idk... not being asked makes me question if people don't notice I'm pregnant. I feel like it's SO obvious. But people can def be oblivious. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm never quick enough. I also feel like people can't tell I'm pregnant, so I'm just honored when people ask me. 
  • Options
    I don't mind too much if people ask me but, the other day I got a very random email from a former client (who I barely talk to) that said something like "ummmm I hear you have good news?!?!?" That bothered me. Like 1) who were you talking to that I came up in conversation and 2) we barely talk what the heck??? It was weird. Anyways I guess she's trying to get pregnant and now I get bombarded with emails about conceiving. It's very awkward! I barely know her! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    We belong to a fairly small church and I'm involved in the children's Sunday school program so I don't see a lot of the people who don't have little kids very often, but it's started to get around that I'm pregnant (which is fine, because the way I see it the more people who know the more people who will bring us food after baby comes) but a lot of people are asking in super round about ways that make me want to mess with them but I haven't been quick enough. One lady was like "I heard a rumor you're expecting!" And after I walked away I was like "darn I should have been like OMG WHO TOLD YOU THAT BECAUSE IM NOT"
  • Options
    I guess I'm a weirdo because I like it when people comment or notice that I'm pregnant. <3 To each their own. :)

I wouldn't be above messing with people though, I would love the opportunity to say the following:

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TexasGal24 I'm like you- I hate it when people say "oh you are?? I couldn't even tell!" And I'm like 'seriously so I just look fat and normal then?' I'd rather them notice it! But not say I look like I'm full term- that's too much.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure why, but the following comment annoys me:

"Aw, what are you having?--Oh wait let me guess! A healthy baby is all that matters! ;) "

Like they expect me to automatically be offended they ask.... I know they're tying to be sensitive.... but like... don't ask me a question then put words in my mouth no matter how true they are....
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't mind too much if people ask me but, the other day I got a very random email from a former client (who I barely talk to) that said something like "ummmm I hear you have good news?!?!?" That bothered me. Like 1) who were you talking to that I came up in conversation and 2) we barely talk what the heck??? It was weird. Anyways I guess she's trying to get pregnant and now I get bombarded with emails about conceiving. It's very awkward! I barely know her! 
    The bolded part is the weirdest to me.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ashanne88 said:
    The bolded part is the weirdest to me.  

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    canavara said:
    HJMorgan said:
    I'm not sure why, but the following comment annoys me:

"Aw, what are you having?--Oh wait let me guess! A healthy baby is all that matters! ;) "

Like they expect me to automatically be offended they ask.... I know they're tying to be sensitive.... but like... don't ask me a question then put words in my mouth no matter how true they are....
    I might be overly sensitive to it because I had a loss about a year ago but, that would burn right through me if someone asked that, but because it actually seems insensitive instead. It's like a really weird backhanded way of making fun of someone who really does say that, often because they have had a loss or a complicated pregnancy... and then smearing that onto the whole general pregnant population.

--
    I had a weird interaction with someone on an elevator yesterday. I was wearing the dress I normally take bump shots in, which I think is one of the few articles of clothing I own that I actually look pregnant in... I jumped in the elevator holding some carry-out food and the guy asked me, "What are you having?" and I was like, "Oh, pardon?" And he kind of did a general hand-wavey motion in the direction of either my food or my bump and I couldn't tell which he was referring to so I said, "A boy," and he laughed and said congrats... and I'm still, a day later, not 100% sure whether or not he even realized I was pregnant prior to me saying that. Awkwarddddd.
    Not to mention that (to me), it comes across as saying that babies that aren't perfectly healthy (i.e. babies with Downs Syndrome, heart defects, etc.) aren't as valuable as healthy babies.  And I wholeheartedly disagree with that. I'd have a hard time biting my tongue about that one!
  • Options
    @ashanne88 @HJMorgan seriously!!!!! they aren't extremely forward but it is still awkward. I am sure she is just excited. She's super nice but it's so weird! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021