January 2016 Moms
Options

8 month sleep regression?

Is that what this crap is? :neutral: LO screams when we walk into his room and Will. Not. Nap!! He screams in his crib until I come get him. I tried nursing him to sleep just to make him nap and the second he realized he was falling asleep, he pulled off and started screaming and rolling all over me. Any experience with this?? Today is day 2. I've tried Tylenol in case his teeth are bothering him.

Re: 8 month sleep regression?

• Options
    Welcome to Leap 6! We are working through the same issue. Right now I try to plan things so that LO sleeps in the car when I'm running errands. He also starts screaming bloody murder when we walk into his room. I have had some success with putting him in his crib and letting him cry for 5 minutes at a time, then comforting, after 20 minutes I can usually nurse him to sleep and put him down. Sometimes he takes his whole nap on my lap. Oh well. Eventually he will go down for a nap normally, right?
  • Options
    With our nap routine I started to give him a lovey and lay him down 10 minutes before I know he usually starts giving his tired signs. He will roll around/climb and play with his lovey and then start to "talk" and what I call yell for attention (not a real cry) for a few minute and put himself to sleep. We went from no naps or 30 minutes (for the last month!) the last two weeks we've been getting  to 1.5-2 hours doing this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm thinking leap 6 as well. Or maybe a combo? No advice. Just know you're not alone and it's pretty horrendous. 
  • Options
    @amberjinnett Holy smokes! I tried just putting him in his crib this morning and got the same results! He cried for about 2 minutes, then started doing the talking/yelling for attention. He was down for the count in 8 minutes! *does a happy dance* 
  • Options
    We've been out of leap 6 for a while and naps are still a giant joke. I'm thinking it's the 3-2 nap transition as he already has 8 teeth and I don't think currently getting any more but idk. I'm either too early or too late putting him down most of the time and it's a disaster over here lol sorry this is not helpful at all 
  • Options
    @Cricket99 wahoo!! It's life changing right? Haha I'm not going to lie I've went in to check on him a few times when he naps 2 hours because I'm certain he's not breathing because it just feels so unnatural after all the nap fighting!
  • Options
    Its very possible its the 8 months regression. It happens anywhere from 8-10 months. And its similar to the 4 month regression ACCEPT it corrects itself. Unlike the 4 month where you had to change sleep habits. It last a week or two apparently. I'm dreading it!