June 2016 Moms
Options

HDBD 10/5

lets see those beautiful babies!

Re: HDBD 10/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cole is 16 weeks today and has been having major sleep regression the past two nights!  Momma is tired! He watched baby Einstein last night for the first time and belly laughed every time he saw the cow.  Totally adorable <3
    We have the same exersaucer!  He loves it (well, for about 10-15 minutes then he's done. Haha)
  • Options
    @laurendiaz02 not being rude but is there a reason your starting cereal so early?
  • Options
    @laurendiaz02 not being rude but is there a reason your starting cereal so early?
    We discussed he signs of being ready to try solids and Ethan is showing a majority of them so we opted to try cereal. Dr recommended to start with cereal first. 
  • Options
    alcermack said:
    First plane ride and was awake the whole 2 1/2 hours to Denver this is the pic of us flying home. Slept the whole time. While in Colorado her auntie and uncle took her to the zoo for the first time. 15 weeks yesterday and kinda worried she still can't roll over cuz she still hates tummy time.
    I wouldn't be super concerned. My ped. Said that by 6 months babies should be able to roll over both ways. Anything before that is a bonus  :)
  • Options
    alcermack said:
    First plane ride and was awake the whole 2 1/2 hours to Denver this is the pic of us flying home. Slept the whole time. While in Colorado her auntie and uncle took her to the zoo for the first time. 15 weeks yesterday and kinda worried she still can't roll over cuz she still hates tummy time.
    My LO hated tummy time until very recently.. she just started enjoying it and started rolling over immediately. I was a little worried too but she caught on so quickly!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Keira is finally laughing!! Mainly at the dogs though, she just finds them hilarious. 
  • Options
    @amangels2 just curious....what exercises do they have him doing? I think my LO could benefit from some arm exercises in addition to tummy time since he is only starting to be okay with tummy time. 
  • Options
    @soulou17
    one is called supported kneeling. You get a couch cushion and then have baby kneel on the floor with his arms on the couch cushion. It's like tummy time, but he's not on his tummy. He really likes that one because I put the pillow right next to the slider window so he can look outside. We are having really windy/rainy weather so it's very interesting out there. 
    The second one is having him sit in front of me. He leans forward until he's supporting his weight on his hands. I help by holding his shoulders. 

Both of those have him using his arms without putting the pressure on his tummy, which he absolutely hates. 

Let me know if that makes sense. I can take pictures when he wakes up from his nap if it doesn't. 
  • Options
    @amangels2 thanks!! It does make sense...im going to try these. Hopefully he likes it as much as yours does!
  • Options

Cameron will be four months on the 10th.
  • Options
    Damien will be 16 weeks tomorrow. He is currently testing out this monstrosity that we bought him. He loves it when I clap along to the music. 

Please be careful with the sun attachment on this. We got the same one and I actually ended up removing the sun piece cuz I read reviews where babies have been hurt by it. Babies grab it and let it go and then it bounces back and has hit them in the face/head. :( 
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    lzablocki said:
    Damien will be 16 weeks tomorrow. He is currently testing out this monstrosity that we bought him. He loves it when I clap along to the music. 

Please be careful with the sun attachment on this. We got the same one and I actually ended up removing the sun piece cuz I read reviews where babies have been hurt by it. Babies grab it and let it go and then it bounces back and has hit them in the face/head. :( 
    Oh wow, that's good to know!! Right now he is only interested in the piano and rolling rattle thingie but he may want to mess with it at some point so I'll keep a sharp eye. Thanks for the warning!

Damien loves to bounce and this thing just isn't bouncy enough. He gets frustrated after a little bit. He is still a bit small for it though so maybe it will be easier for him down the road. He doesn't like being in it very long as a result. I wish the seat had more support as well. We keep a folded up towel around him in the seat to make it more comfortable and create a little more stability.