October 2016 Moms

Labor and All of it's Glory

Re: Labor and All of it's Glory

• Loading the player...
  • @CopperBoom86 my husband would've said the same thing. 
    He also saved our first baby's umbilical cord stump when it fell off. :barf:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ew, the umbilical stump. Shudder. I refused to touch that thing.
  • Congratulations @samkins !
  • Congrats @samkins and @strickland8052, sounds like you both had awesome deliveries! 

After all the talk of mucus plugs yesterday on here, I had a super vivid dream that I lost mine, so maybe it was a sign ha

• Dumb questions here about MP (I'm scared to Google b/c I don't want to see any pictures). Do you normally loose the mp all at once or can it come out gradually through out day(s)? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BabySunshine4 Mine came out in chunks/small globs over a few days  :s
  • @MRSCORKER I'm so jealous of your 1 cm! Haha
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @AllyTheKid how long after it started coming out did you go into labor? 
    I think mine started coming out since Sunday and as of last Thursday I was 50% effaced and 2cm. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KarenBM13KarenBM13 member
    edited October 2016
    @BabySunshine4 I lost mine in two big chunks, one yesterday and one today, both while I was going to the bathroom. 

BTDT moms, how long after you lost yours did you go into labor? I know it is different for everyone but I am curious what others experienced.
  • With both my girls when I lost mine I didn't go into labor for a long long time after. I also walked around 3cm dialated with both with no contractions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @BabySunshine4 It had literally nothing to do with my labor at all (sorry mama!), I had to have a membrane sweep, then a pitocin drip, THEN have them break my water before labor kicked in full swing.
  • Omg @annabenanna, he is so handsome!!! Congrats mama!!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @annabenanna Congratulations!!! He is so perfect, you did amazing!
  • @annabenanna Reading your story made me a little teary eyed - so sweet! And I LOVE the name you chose for him, just perfect! Now I must know - did you save your placenta so your masseuse friend can make it into a chocolate & goji berry covered delicacy??! Lol
  • Hahahahahaha @Kaessi, I wish I did! Just kidding, totally not. I was actually scheduled for a prenatal massage today with him. I had to cancel obviously. :) I don't know why we didn't think of Asher before! 
  • @annabenanna This peanut ball you speak of.....did you like using it? Did it help before the epidural?

• @SpaceBurger, it didn't help before the epidural. I mostly just used the regular ball... But the peanut ball (they store it in the bathroom!)  was amazing for when the epidural sets it and you can't move. I feel like it really helped with  my dilation. 
  • @annabenanna Sounds great, I know my hospital has them. How exactly did you use it in bed? Sort of like a pillow? 

Congrats btw, what a beauty :) 
  • Oh and @kmolleltz, we'll hopefully have birthday buddies! I'm being induced on the 6th.  (well, technically the evening of the 5th)

• For all of you that have been through labor before, did you feel like you had to pass gas or have a bowl movement but were unable to before labor? I have been having a lot of lower back pain since yesterday and I feel like I need to have a BM but nothing comes out. Sorry I kmow
    that's TMI.
  • @NicholeL16 with my first, I thought I was having really bad gas pains but they must have been contractions.  I complained to my husband that I was bad gas and decided to go to bed.  An hour later, my water broke.  Six hours later, baby.
  • @ignoscemihi thank you! I'm not really having "gas pain" it's more pressure that is giving me the "need to go" feeling. Then there's sharp back pain but it's constant, not coming and going. 
  • He is sooooo cute!!!! @annabenanna congrats!!

Good Luck! @Michi1382

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My belly just feels like a giant knot today.  Little contractions here and there, BH like crazy.  But the in between it just stays in this really hard knot.  WTH Andy?!?! Anyone else have this???
  • @melissabrimmer yea this was me yesterday and Sunday, my stomach felt pretty consistently hard so I called my doc and she said it was from the contractions and to drink lots of water, so I did and that seemed to really help. It was really uncomfortable!
  • Thank you!! I probably DO need to drink some more water....
  • Same @melissabrimmer... I've been like this for a week now. Yesterday was really bad, today it's there but not as bad. I drink more water and relax and that helps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @annabenanna - congratulations on your beautiful little man! I actually teared up a bit at the end. Perfect name <3
  • @annabenanna What a gorgeous, handsome little guy!! I love the name you chose for him, and thank you for writing such a detailed birth story!! It was great to read. 

@kmolleltz Yay on having a birth date chosen!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker